Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

h22a idle problems

Old 11-10-2009, 07:30 PM
SmokeCRX
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SmokeCRX has disabled reputation
Default Re: h22a idle problems

Originally Posted by zo4000
its more then likely your FITV, its attached to the bottom of your throttle body
Correct. First u should check the coolant level though...and make sure u dont have any leaks. Then bleed the cooling system with a funnel. May have a blown HG u never know.
Originally Posted by 95egd16
ok another update***, i took teh ecu out to see if it was chipped as previous owner said it was. it is not chipped, its just an oem obd1 p72 ( i didnt even think an h22a would run on a stock p72). so I put the ecu back in, and started the car. car ran great, but still has cel. So i put a paper clip on the small 2 prong pklug that hangs down where the ecu is (to check cel), and when I turn the ignition on the light comes on with teh fuel pump, the goes out. its like the ecu clears any codes its throwing everytime you turn the car off. then it comes back on as soon as you start the car. I know I need to get the ecu chipped and a basemap put on it.
P72 is a GSR ECU. It will run on it (obviously) but not to its full potential. OBD 1 ECUs clear themselves everytime the key is cycled. Leave the car runnin and connect the jumper. Prob doesnt matter considering u r using the wrong ECU but...u should check it anyway. It doesnt have anything to do with your idling problem though.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:17 PM
johncarlito
Registered Member

johncarlito has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Have you found out what the CEL is?
well your right checking the cel code would be first thing.. but then again it a damn chipped ecu so sensor could be canceled out on the ecu itself . so what he needs is an obd1 stock p13 plug a run it an then check the cel code to see the hell is going on with the motor !!! im thinking is a vaccum leak!!but thats just me!!
Old 11-10-2009, 10:21 PM
johncarlito
Registered Member

johncarlito has disabled reputation

ok another update***, i took teh ecu out to see if it was chipped as previous owner said it was. it is not chipped, its just an oem obd1 p72 ( i didnt even think an h22a would run on a stock p72). so I put the ecu back in, and started the car. car ran great, but still has cel. So i put a paper clip on the small 2 prong pklug that hangs down where the ecu is (to check cel), and when I turn the ignition on the light comes on with teh fuel pump, the goes out. its like the ecu clears any codes its throwing everytime you turn the car off. then it comes back on as soon as you start the car. I know I need to get the ecu chipped and a basemap put on it.
so your idle problem is fixed??? now u new basemap h22!?
Old 11-11-2009, 09:04 AM
gsr-turd
h22 POWA

gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd

you can try my h22 tuned ecu when i come get turbo kit. see if that fixes it.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:08 AM
I Love (.)(.)
tits anyone?

I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)

coolant level is fine, no air pockets or anything of that nature.
johncarlito: no its not a vacuum leak. if it was a vacuum leak I would have this problem all the time, and also it is not a chipped ecu, its a stock p72
Old 11-11-2009, 11:09 AM
I Love (.)(.)
tits anyone?

I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.) I Love (.)(.)

Originally Posted by GSR-TURD
you can try my h22 tuned ecu when i come get turbo kit. see if that fixes it.
that would be perfect
Old 11-11-2009, 11:27 AM
gsr-turd
h22 POWA

gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd gsr-turd

that would be perfect
ya i dont mind. i was thinkin the weekend. i find out if i have off work tomorrow but i not big into driving my car far in rain lol. but weekend i am def buying it.
Old 11-11-2009, 12:29 PM
I Love (.)(.)
tits anyone?

well you are located in nn, and poquoson is like 10 miles or so. anywho, sat morning would be the best for me, I just need to know if you wanna do it this week because I get off at 11 at night and tend to stay up late because I dont have work until 3pm the next day, but thats only this week. just call me in the morning and if I wake up then we will do it
Old 11-11-2009, 12:53 PM
gsr-turd
h22 POWA

i located in deep creek lol im like 30 mins from bass pro. i not nn. lol. I try find out tonight if i have work tomorrow. i just not trying to leave you with out a car and driving in rain tryin find parts
Old 11-11-2009, 12:57 PM
I Love (.)(.)
tits anyone?

I hear ya, let me knoww. I can get that header as soon as you buy the kit. dude told me to come get it whenever

Quick Reply: h22a idle problems