Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

title?

Old 11-29-2009, 04:24 PM
sircrx
Boost is Better

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx sircrx
Default Re: title?

If there is a lein on the bike you won't get the bike. They will come pick it up as soon as you try to get the title. I am sure they are trying to repo it if he hasn't paid for it in months. Your only chance would be to contact his leinholder and try to settle with them to pay the difference and then go for the abandoned title.

Good luck
Old 11-29-2009, 04:57 PM
nftuatn
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

Originally Posted by sircrx
If there is a lein on the bike you won't get the bike. They will come pick it up as soon as you try to get the title. I am sure they are trying to repo it if he hasn't paid for it in months. Your only chance would be to contact his leinholder and try to settle with them to pay the difference and then go for the abandoned title.

Good luck

thats not always the case...

i have acquired a 02 gsxr 1000,05 zx10,a 01 gsxr600

all were perfect and were towed for the riders not having licenses...they never came back and the liein holder never wanted them either...
Old 11-29-2009, 06:27 PM
FairladyZTT
TRIED HIS GT!

FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT FairladyZTT

Originally Posted by nftuatn
thats not always the case...

i have acquired a 02 gsxr 1000,05 zx10,a 01 gsxr600

all were perfect and were towed for the riders not having licenses...they never came back and the liein holder never wanted them either...
true because... the lien holder would have to go through the troubl of selling it. If it is bank... they will just take him to court. If a dealership is the lienholder...then they will most likely come and get it. They have the means of selling it without any extra costs to them.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:32 PM
Voodoo ST
Handling is Key!

Voodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by sircrx

Good luck
Thats wrong....... I had a bike for over a year that the guy hadnt paid on and got the title.......a lot of times the lien holder doesnt care cause they will go after the orig. owner for the money regardless.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:42 PM
98formulaLS1
Registered Member

98formulaLS1 will become famous soon enough

if the DMV isn't aware of a lien on the bike (thus inturn you don't have to send a letter of abondenment to the lienholder), how will the supposed lien holder know who owns the bike?

I say just go for it. Send that retarded letter to DMV w/ the VIN requesting the last registered owners legal address (and lien holder if available). Then mail them the certified letter. If they come and get it, fine, if not, register it.

Why not give it a shot? I did that with a Mercedes Benz i got a few years ago. Worked Perfect.
Old 11-30-2009, 01:03 PM
HondaCRXsiHatch
Project in the makin

HondaCRXsiHatch is an unknown quantity at this point

i have contacted the lien holder and they said that its not worth it them to come get the bike and to apply for mechanics lien to obtain title. so i went to dmv and the lady at info desk more or less told me that to go through the process i would HAVE to sell at public auction. i want to keep it. im considering buying a used frame with title and swap all parts over. yea may take a while but still to get a bike in the end for a couple hundread dollars would be sweet.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:50 PM
98formulaLS1
Registered Member

dude, if the freaking lien holder told you that they don't want it, freaking apply for the title of an abandoned vehicle. don't mess with the mechanics lien crap. Do you know what a mechanics lien is? it means that you did work to a guys car and he owes you money, and to get your money, the car would be sold. you don't want to sell it do you? I thought you want to keep it. Abandoned Vehicle my friend.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:25 PM
HondaCRXsiHatch
Project in the makin

HondaCRXsiHatch is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea but that process involves contacting the previous to give chance to gain possession of it again. What if I send the letter to last known Address which I know he dosent live at and of course don't get answer back what's happens then
Old 11-30-2009, 06:13 PM
98formulaLS1
Registered Member

Originally Posted by HondaCRXsiHatch
Yea but that process involves contacting the previous to give chance to gain possession of it again. What if I send the letter to last known Address which I know he dosent live at and of course don't get answer back what's happens then
heres the steps:

1. send letter to DMV w/ VIN of bike. DMV will send you the last previous registered address.
2. send a CERTIFIED LETTER to the previous owner at his previous address. you will receive a receipt for this letter. If the previous OWNER never signs for the package, then the letter is returned to you.
3. Take the UNOPENED returned letter to DMV with your receipt. They will immediately issue you the title for that bike.

fyi, the letter is returned if not signed for within 30 days.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:07 PM
Voodoo ST
Handling is Key!

Voodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these partsVoodoo ST is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by HondaCRXsiHatch
U get issued the title!

Quick Reply: title?