Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

1995 Honda Civic Ex with VTEC 1.6L ECT Sensor Issue.

Old 12-02-2009, 08:48 PM
LostFool
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LostFool has disabled reputation
Default Re: 1995 Honda Civic Ex with VTEC 1.6L ECT Sensor Issue.

The ECU reads no errors now! I just needed to drive it I guess and then check it. Thank you for your time. Possibly could I have another question answered please...

My speedometer is psycho, it jumps up and down, stays at zero, or flips all the ways around... I've been trying to research the issue, but I've come down to one problem that is stopping me from finding out the issue... Do 95 Honda Civic Manuals have a cable or electronic speedometer?
Old 12-03-2009, 06:38 AM
gsrhach
Registered Member

gsrhach has disabled reputation

you gotta speed sensor on the firewall side of the trans right below the thermostat housing
Old 12-03-2009, 07:57 AM
Unlimited Auto
Registered Member

Unlimited Auto has a reputation beyond reputeUnlimited Auto has a reputation beyond reputeUnlimited Auto has a reputation beyond reputeUnlimited Auto has a reputation beyond reputeUnlimited Auto has a reputation beyond reputeUnlimited Auto has a reputation beyond reputeUnlimited Auto has a reputation beyond reputeUnlimited Auto has a reputation beyond reputeUnlimited Auto has a reputation beyond reputeUnlimited Auto has a reputation beyond repute

They use electric-mechanical speed sensors meaning it is a gear driven electric sensor. It is located on the top of your transmission just near the rear mount. If you are standing on the passenger side, look down and you will see it.

Check your speedo fuse, I have seen similar problems coming from a bad fuse. I had a vehicle do the same thing and the fuse looked good to the eye, but it had blown in a way that it caused a hairline slpit in the filament. I replaced it and the problem went away, and has never come back.

Not saying this is your problem, but it is an easy thing to check without getting into the wiring.