Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Clear plastic sponsor plaque?

Old 12-23-2009, 03:04 PM
yeldak99
LickMyButthole

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99 yeldak99
Default Re: Clear plastic sponsor plaque?

There is a place in downtown norfolk that specializes in plexi, but I can't for the life of me remember the name.

Edit, I think this was the place I remember

http://www.norvaplastics.com/

Last edited by yeldak99; 12-23-2009 at 03:07 PM.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:24 PM
marlinspike
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

Originally Posted by nftuatn
just put all the names down the door/fender....that is where race cars are supposed to have it...
I've thought about getting a spare driver's window pane from a junkyard and stickering that up, then installing it in the car before any meets, but it's a real hassle to swap the window.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:45 PM
nftuatn
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

yeah thats way to much trouble...

get a sheet of lexan from lowes...

then if you want you could drop it by and i could paint it the m/b blue...on the one side

then sticker the other side...it will be shiny on that side...

then you could use it as a semi hood prop...just stand it on the rad support and let the hood rest on it...

thats what a lot of people do...
Old 12-23-2009, 05:52 PM
marlinspike
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

Originally Posted by nftuatn
then you could use it as a semi hood prop...just stand it on the rad support and let the hood rest on it...
Excuse me good sir, as you well know we are not dealing with some General Motors product here. The hood of my Mercedes-Benz is spring loaded, such that once lifted sufficiently, the springs lift it the rest of the way. There isn't some prop rod. What are you going to do next, suggest that I eat domestic caviar?

I do like your idea though, and I could hang it from those maglite holder holes I pointed out. What's the purpose behind painting it though?
Old 12-23-2009, 06:00 PM
marlinspike
ATGATT

Actually, I think I see the idea behind painting it.
Would you be able to duplicate the design of my keychain on it? I'm talking about the design on the metal part you can see in the upper right of this picture, i.e. blue edge with laurel wreath and Mercedes-Benz, then grey center with the tri-star (sorry to link you to such a big picture, but I'm on my dad's computer and I only have access to photos I've already uploaded).
Old 12-23-2009, 06:05 PM
nftuatn
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

i know the springs pull the hood up...but your lexan will only be about 2 foot tall...the hood should be on its downfall then and would sit on the lexan...

not sure though but ive have to check...

afa the m/b emblem goes...i could get my sign man to cut ne the sticker for it...put that behind the lexan and then paint it blue...it would be silver with the blue background
Old 12-23-2009, 06:18 PM
marlinspike
ATGATT

Hmmm...I'll be in touch when I'm back in town.