Notices
NOVA/DC/MD We've expanded our NOVA forum to include the Greater DC Metro area as well as southern Maryland. Come on in and join our community!

Work spaces in DMV

Old 12-28-2009, 08:57 AM
kyle h.
fraggle rock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kyle h. will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Work spaces in DMV

You might be better of renting that and sleeping on a cot inside.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:02 AM
TATTRAT
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

Originally Posted by lumbercis
Hey check this out! http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/d...521510667.html

This is right next to my house in D.C.! It's got to be tiny for that price. Probably not more than a single bay with a lift. But damn, if I could get a a few guys together it would be pretty nice to have as a club house!!
Where in NE though, there are a lot of super sketch places in NE, lol.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:42 AM
Soundwave.
Autobots detected

Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave.

Originally Posted by TATTRAT
Where in NE though, there are a lot of super sketch places in NE, lol.
The whole EAST of dc is super sketch. lol

On another note. What did you pick up? an 86?
Old 12-28-2009, 10:37 AM
lumbercis
Registered Member

lumbercis has disabled reputation

Well, NE is pretty nice nowadays, and it's becoming less and less sketch as time goes on with all the development around H street. I live near lincoln park which is really nice now. But if you go a few blocks east from where I live it gets a little more sketch. I have heard it used to be much worse than it is now though.

But hey, it's a good time to get in there before the rent goes up!! I sent the guy an email asking for the address. I'll go check it out if he replies.

@HachiGoesBwahhh: It's a Celica Alltrac. I want to swap a gen4 Caldina 3sgte into it. It's a pretty much drop in swap if you farm out the wiring (which I am going to do). I've just never pulled an engine before, so I anticipate it taking longer than normal. Plus there's always that unforseen part that you need that you forgot to order beforehand that drags the time frame out. I'd estimate two months from the time I pull the car in to the time it drives out. Also depends how much help I have, but I already know a couple guys in the area that would be willing to come help out.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:44 AM
Soundwave.
Autobots detected

Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave. Soundwave.

Originally Posted by lumbercis
Well, NE is pretty nice nowadays, and it's becoming less and less sketch as time goes on with all the development around H street. I live near lincoln park which is really nice now. But if you go a few blocks east from where I live it gets a little more sketch. I have heard it used to be much worse than it is now though.

But hey, it's a good time to get in there before the rent goes up!! I sent the guy an email asking for the address. I'll go check it out if he replies.

@HachiGoesBwahhh: It's a Celica Alltrac. I want to swap a gen4 Caldina 3sgte into it. It's a pretty much drop in swap if you farm out the wiring (which I am going to do). I've just never pulled an engine before, so I anticipate it taking longer than normal. Plus there's always that unforseen part that you need that you forgot to order beforehand that drags the time frame out. I'd estimate two months from the time I pull the car in to the time it drives out. Also depends how much help I have, but I already know a couple guys in the area that would be willing to come help out.
nice. Allracs have so much potential but no one ever wants to build them up because they are too "old"
Old 12-29-2009, 03:14 AM
NastyNate
Say somm!!!

NastyNate is an unknown quantity at this point

I had some friends with the same problem years ago when i lived in Richmond. What they did was rent a warehouse space with plenty of parking room for multiple cars(1000SqF +) and they all worked on their cars in there. Local warehouse space is available if you search enough. Say you get 10 people and the rent is 1705 per month that makes it less than 200 a month per person with utilities...just a thought, but doable if you have a group of people willing to pay and use the space on a regular basis(might have to sign a lease). If you decide to go with it, check local county/city laws before renting though.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...526301980.html
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/n...522357473.html
Old 12-29-2009, 06:29 AM
lumbercis
Registered Member

^ I think that's what I'd really like to do. But I would want to keep it small because dealing with 10 people would be a huge hassle. If several people flaked all of a sudden I would need to cover rent until more people could be found.

Does anyone have an idea of what sq footage per car is "enough." 3000sq ft. looks huge from those pictures. I'd be happy with enough space for 2-4 cars and a reasonable amount of space to work on them.

Keep the suggestions coming!!
Old 12-29-2009, 10:08 AM
supranite90
Pizza Delivery Guy

supranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these partssupranite90 is infamous around these parts

hi i hope you don't get butt hurt easy
Old 12-29-2009, 10:10 AM
lumbercis
Registered Member

^You talking about the forums in general?

I try to remember that the internet isn't to be taken too seriously. But thanks for the warning.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:26 PM
lumbercis
Registered Member

I did a little more research and I'm starting to like the idea of renting a small shop. From what I saw on craigslist, if 5 guys shared a small warehouse space (around 1000 sq ft) rent could be kept below $200 a piece per month.

I'd pay almost that just for stinking outdoor parking in DC and it would pay itself off after my first engine swap.

Would anyone here be interested in going in on something like this?

If not, keep your ears open for me for anyone willing to rent out space in their shop or a single bay, short or long term.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Work spaces in DMV