Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

bent valves

Old 02-13-2010, 09:30 AM
kcsajap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kcsajap has disabled reputation
Default Re: bent valves

thanks for all your help ohnoez, maybe one day you will find something better to do, doubt it though, in the mean time ill be expecting your next post to tell me how dumb my question was, and how your just so brilliant so have fun man hope this is a self esteem boost for you
Old 02-13-2010, 10:04 AM
M▲dh▲tter
Banned

M▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by kcsajap
thanks for all your help ohnoez, maybe one day you will find something better to do, doubt it though, in the mean time ill be expecting your next post to tell me how dumb my question was, and how your just so brilliant so have fun man hope this is a self esteem boost for you
no actually your a fucking retard.... its not like theres a forum called www.hondatech.com that has this covered many times over. yet you chose to come onto VaD and ask a stupid question instead of googling it. Thus saving you from making a pointless thread.

I also willing to bet that you are th type of person to go out and buy this tool for taking honda crank pulleys off instead of just using a serpentine belt looped over the motor mount and crank pulley, then w/ a breaker bar. break that pita bolt loose. but hell now i'm a nissan owner, wtf would i know about having an ls/vtec DA6 boosted, all motor or on a bottle....

Last edited by M▲dh▲tter; 02-13-2010 at 10:11 AM. Reason: added rant
Old 02-13-2010, 10:30 AM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by kcsajap
then i guess the timing belt jumped or something cause now i have 7 bent valves
I'm not entirely sure how something like that would happen, unless there was a serious problem when you bought it, or you seriously flogged it once after you got it running.

A timing belt doesn't jump position for no reason...
Old 02-13-2010, 10:41 AM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by OhNoez!
I also willing to bet that you are th type of person to go out and buy this tool for taking honda crank pulleys off instead of just using a serpentine belt looped over the motor mount and crank pulley, then w/ a breaker bar. break that pita bolt loose. but hell now i'm a nissan owner, wtf would i know about having an ls/vtec DA6 boosted, all motor or on a bottle....
Just for the sake of argument, why are you criticizing someone for using a proper purpose-made tool instead of looping a serp belt over an engine mount and tying it in a knot around the crank pulley or whatever (I can't actually visualize how that works)...?

Seriously, which of those sounds more ghetto and worthy of criticizm?

Last edited by Fabrik8; 02-13-2010 at 10:46 AM.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:32 PM
M▲dh▲tter
Banned

M▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Just for the sake of argument, why are you criticizing someone for using a proper purpose-made tool instead of looping a serp belt over an engine mount and tying it in a knot around the crank pulley or whatever (I can't actually visualize how that works)...?

Seriously, which of those sounds more ghetto and worthy of criticizm?
you dont have to go buy the belt yo. thus saving yourself money to put else where into your car. its that simple.

ask leroy he saw me do it in front of the house. believe it or not is was easier to do as well. no air tools just human power.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:48 PM
backtoarms
Registered Member

backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms

Originally Posted by OhNoez!
you dont have to go buy the belt yo. thus saving yourself money to put else where into your car. its that simple.

ask leroy he saw me do it in front of the house. believe it or not is was easier to do as well. no air tools just human power.
But bashing on someone just for buying a proper tool, just because you have your make-shift way of doing it doesn't make it wrong.

Yeah, I usually use my hands on my oil filters instead of breaking out my oil filter wrench... but I still own one. And, I do use it when need be.
Old 02-13-2010, 05:26 PM
M▲dh▲tter
Banned

Thumbs up Re: bent valves

Originally Posted by backtoarms
But bashing on someone just for buying a proper tool, just because you have your make-shift way of doing it doesn't make it wrong.

Yeah, I usually use my hands on my oil filters instead of breaking out my oil filter wrench... but I still own one. And, I do use it when need be.
lol bashing on em for a tool? no i was bashing on em for making a stupid thread w. out using goolge. matter fact scroll back up and click that honda-tech link. wheres it go?

the tool thing was me being an asshole while giving someone the knowledge on how to get a pulley off. say for argument sake your at the junk yard and happen to stumble upon an under drive pulley. You don't have that tool in your magical sack. what do you think the chances are going to be that its still going to be there if you go home get the tool and come back.

sometimes you all need to think why is any member being a prick before you all try to defend your internet butt buddies.

looping a serp belt over an engine mount and tying it in a knot around the crank pulley or whatever (I can't actually visualize how that works)...?
your not tying it in a knot... think about how a strap wrench works... then think about just the use of the motor mount, the crank pulley and a belt.

Spoiler

Last edited by M▲dh▲tter; 02-13-2010 at 05:56 PM. Reason: "test - was i tightening or loosening? FYI - it works either way."
Old 02-13-2010, 09:02 PM
backtoarms
Registered Member

backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms backtoarms

I agree with you in that specific junkyard scenario, do what you have to do to get the job done. But, I don't agree with you saying "I bet you're the type of person to go out and buy a proper tool". That's just idiotic. And in no way am I being condecending towards you or bashing you, just stating my opinion.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:55 AM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

I added the knot because I figured your ghetto way needed a little ghetto embellishment. I think whatever the method is, tying a knot in the belt definitely sounds like it would make it work better. Tying knots in things always helps you know.

Does that picture show a pry bar between the belt and the pulley or is that part of the belt folded over itself? Those awesome pics aren't really helping my understanding of this awesome ghetto procedure. Needs more ghetto documentation.

I still haven't changed my mind, I think that's a pretty ghetto way to work on an engine.

I'm going to stick to my previous statement: Why are you criticizing someone for using a proper tool?

Last edited by Fabrik8; 02-14-2010 at 09:58 AM.
Old 02-15-2010, 06:51 AM
M▲dh▲tter
Banned

Talking Re: bent valves

Originally Posted by backtoarms
I agree with you in that specific junkyard scenario, do what you have to do to get the job done. But, I don't agree with you saying "I bet you're the type of person to go out and buy a proper tool". That's just idiotic. And in no way am I being condescending towards you or bashing you, just stating my opinion.
way i see it if a belt always works then theres no point in buying that tool. like i said before i was being an asshole and things aren't going to change. just tired of repetitive topics how do i do this how do i do that? no one seems to take the initiative to sit down and google a question anymore, seems they want it served to em.

I added the knot because I figured your ghetto way needed a little ghetto embellishment. I think whatever the method is, tying a knot in the belt definitely sounds like it would make it work better. Tying knots in things always helps you know.
quoting my programing instructor "your logic is wrong"

Does that picture show a pry bar between the belt and the pulley or is that part of the belt folded over itself? Those awesome pics aren't really helping my understanding of this awesome ghetto procedure. Needs more ghetto documentation.

I still haven't changed my mind, I think that's a pretty ghetto way to work on an engine.
theres was no pry bar used at all when we changed the timing belt. but lets just say that you wanted to use a pry bar. another way to do that is to pull the starter. apply pressure against the flywheel and pressure plate. thus keeping the crank from spinning. but this normally take two ppl.

the pics show just using a belt folded on top of itself. again like mentioned before just like a strap wrench. sorry if you can't see how its done. just a fact theres 3 or more ways to sit there and pull a crank pulley off, depending on vehicle. think outside the box much?

I'm going to stick to my previous statement: Why are you criticizing someone for using a proper tool?
why does it seem you are getting butt hurt?

Quick Reply: bent valves