Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.
View Poll Results: which car?
2008 bmw 335i, CPO with 8k miles
27.12%
2005 audi s4
17.80%
2005 bmw m3 competition package (smg gearbox)
29.66%
2010 camaro ss
15.25%
other
10.17%
Voters: 118. You may not vote on this poll

another 'what car should i get' poll

Old 04-21-2010, 05:41 AM
ShawnD
Troll & Run

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD
Default Re: another 'what car should i get' poll

I think he just doesn't want him getting a subie lol
Old 04-21-2010, 05:44 AM
Cobra4B
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Jay Leno TT direct injection V6.... fucking sexy....

Or the the fact that this bitch fits under the stock hood...

Or you can do the Callaway thing and stare at your blower every day

Old 04-21-2010, 05:45 AM
3Point5SE
Registered Member

3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE 3Point5SE

Originally Posted by 93sr-5ftw
if you guys didnt notice, i think he is going for something with 4 doors+ a back seat, or even just a back seat.

i would go subaru if i was you
i only see 2 doors here.

Old 04-21-2010, 05:48 AM
Cobra4B
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

OH shit.... 335 w/ M6 wheels is hot.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:49 AM
terrible advice
Registered Member

terrible advice has disabled reputation

there is no e46 m3 sedan. aside from the crappy homemade ones. only the s4 and 335 are/can be had in sedan form out of his list. the e92 has a decent backseat. the e46 does not. neither does the camaro.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:28 AM
blackout
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

i love this board. so many responses, i can't keep up.

Originally Posted by itsoverton
there is no e46 m3 sedan. aside from the crappy homemade ones. only the s4 and 335 are/can be had in sedan form out of his list. the e92 has a decent backseat. the e46 does not. neither does the camaro.
i want a coupe, the only sedan i'm really considering is the s4. i have to be able to get my two boys in the car, but it's not imperative that it has a huge backseat. i was disappointed with the camaro's back seat because of the size of the car.

the audi does have the v8, and it's AMAZING. with the torque, it felt like i was driving the camaro... i could pass people in 6th gear on the interstate. it's actually kind of hard for me to get past how it's almost half the price of everything else i'm looking at, and i enjoyed driving it so much. plus the seats are awesome, the stereo is awesome... really good car. plus i can buy an extended warranty... i'll probably do that for anything i buy that's not under factory/cpo warranty. this car makes the most sense for me, and i probably SHOULD buy this car. this also allows me to maybe reconsider everything in a couple years without too much of a commitment, and maybe buy the s5 that i really want but can't justify the expense right now as i'm prepping for buying a house.

the m3 is the 'sequential manual gearbox', which is the 'flappy paddle' that people tend to hate, and apparently fucks up quite often... the only m3 i want is the competition package, i'm pretty firm on that... for it to pull past the audi at a ~4-8k premium, it has to be the one i want. like i said though, the only one within 300 miles has an smg. it's a longshot.

i have to run some numbers on the 335, because it will cost me about as much as the camaro, doesn't look quite as good imo but it's definitely right up there with it, and i liked driving it more... what's the differences between e90 and e92??? it's an 08... i can dig up some more details later, but i do need to know of any specifics i need to look out for. the sad thing about this car though, is i can't buy anything until my motorcycle settlement comes in, which could take another 2-3 weeks. it very well might be gone by then.

thanks for the responses, keep them coming.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:33 AM
SubieChik
LXRY STI

SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
Blah on the Audi unless it's a newer one w/ the V8, but even then it's a bit blah.
I wouldn't really consider 2003 "newer". That is the first year they put the V8 in the S4....and it has been V8 since then.

blackout I voted M3......even though I absolutely love 335s, don't you have an m-series right now?? I just thought maybe it would be hard to step down from that...I dunno.
Although the S4 is awesome too......but I can't vote twice...lol. Justin (0000 V8) has a blue one that sounds amazing.

Last edited by SubieChik; 04-21-2010 at 06:38 AM.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:34 AM
blackout
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

Originally Posted by STi_FTMFW
No, he belongs in a BMW, definitely not a Subaru.
definitely, 100% agreed. i've grown far past the 'tuner' (read- ricer) stage, that's why there are no japanese cars on this list. not that they're bad cars, but they're not what i'm looking for. not even infiniti or lexus, although i do like the g37 and isf. not my bag though.

the only reason the camaro's there is because i've always loved muscle cars, and it seems like chevy put together a fine product. but i'm definitely in the 'luxury sports car' market- preferably german.

Last edited by blackout; 04-21-2010 at 06:38 AM.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:36 AM
blackout
master debater

Originally Posted by STi_FTMFW
No, he belongs in a BMW, definitely not a Subaru.
Originally Posted by SubieChik
I wouldn't really consider 2003 "newer". That is the first year they put the V8 in the S4....and it has been V8 since then.

blackout I voted M3......even though I absolutely love 335s, don't you have an m-series right now?? I just thought maybe it would be hard to step down from that...I dunno.
yeah i have an e36, the 335 is definitely a step up.
Old 04-21-2010, 06:38 AM
SubieChik
LXRY STI

SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik SubieChik

Originally Posted by blackout
yeah i have an e36, the 335 is definitely a step up.
oh....lol

I was looking at this one....it is so tempting, but it isn't CPO http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false

Last edited by SubieChik; 04-21-2010 at 06:41 AM.

Quick Reply: another 'what car should i get' poll