Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

So..the Britts are designing better cars lately. Sign of the apocalypse?

Old 07-26-2010, 09:12 AM
Halfrican
I like grape drank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican Halfrican
Default Re: So..the Britts are designing better cars lately. Sign of the apocalypse?

Its not a good looking car because it looks like another car? Which looks like hot sex on that sand?

If we were gonna follow that train of thought...you know how many cars aren't good looking cars then? Its not that designs are running out, its fads and design elements that are copied to please the masses.

I think it looks good. Just posting up.

P.s. Its not supposed to look like a truck. They are making them smaller because they aren't selling to America haha. The rest of the world doesn't drive with 3 rows of seats with 2 people in them to get groceries.

Last edited by Halfrican; 07-26-2010 at 09:15 AM.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:15 AM
Cobra4B
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B
Default Re: So..the Britts are designing better cars lately. Sign of the apocalypse?

Looks like a revised version of the new Explorer. Note the similar headlamp shape and trapazoidal roofline.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:03 AM
JDM74
Registered member

JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74 JDM74

The Defender 90 was the last Land Rover worth a damn. I wouldn't be surprised if that was just a Ford Edge under the fancy body work.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:08 AM
Flite
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

I think it looks pretty cool. It's not the Land Rover that I would lay my money down on, but it's cool looking.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:40 AM
vmspionage
SOI SOI SOI SOI SOI

vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage vmspionage

IMO looks like too much ripped off of Nissan and Audi, but let's be honest, this is what people are buying these days. Soon we'll be seeing factory option spinners and donks.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:41 AM
Trunk Impaired
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

An SUV with 2 doors is a stupid idea, what possible utility could that have? With that low ground clearance in the front you can forget about offroading and those rear side windows can't be good for visibility, it's nice looking but begs the question of why it wasn't designed as a coupe instead for like Jag. It has the same problem as the X6, it's too heavy and high riding to be good on the road and too low and sporty to be any good off road either. I think the British have always designed good cars, for example in the 90's when the Jaguar XJ220 was released or when Gordon Murray was designing and building the McLaren F1. I think Lotus, Noble, and Aston Martin are all perfect examples of well designed British cars. If anything I'd say the sign of the apocalypse is that Land Rover is actually considering making this car because I've always viewed them as very utilitarian and this thing is way too flashy and sporty to be anything but a yuppie runabout.
Old 07-26-2010, 02:01 PM
Corey
Yup, jolly poopbuggy

Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey Corey

Originally Posted by DEEEEEEEEEEEERP
And aren't those some other oem wheel from another car company? they look familiar
They look like the wheels on an Audi R8...maybe the v10 model.

Old 07-26-2010, 02:48 PM
ShawnD
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD

I couldn't place the wheels at all lol, I was thinking some nissan concept or something.

That mitsubishi is actually a off road lancer, weird right? Guess they didn't want to make a crossover or something for off road. I like the mitsu design better though. Also I just can't put luxury and having to fold down the front seat to get to the back lol
Old 07-28-2010, 02:24 AM
blackout
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

land rover needs to focus on building something that will run after 10 years of use.

and who says the rover brand isn't selling? i see those things everywhere. for the money they're asking, i think they're doing just fine.
Old 07-29-2010, 05:18 AM
ShawnD
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD

Originally Posted by blackout
land rover needs to focus on building something that will run after 10 years of use.

and who says the rover brand isn't selling? i see those things everywhere. for the money they're asking, i think they're doing just fine.
remember where they did this thing where they gave loans out to everyone even if they couldn't afford them? kinda skews the numbers

Quick Reply: So..the Britts are designing better cars lately. Sign of the apocalypse?