Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

66x vw bug

Old 01-07-2011, 05:46 AM
wicked1lbc
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc
Default Re: 66x vw bug

Sorry man I already have plans for it. Its going into my brothers Squareback out in cali.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:15 AM
wicked1lbc
Registered Member

wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc wicked1lbc

Eventually the glass made it in and I half assed the harness (I was being dumb and impatient so it wasn't done correctly so it has to be re-done). Then it sat for a while because my license was suspended so i couldn't get it registered. then sat more when I was on deployment (Navy) then sat some more because I got married and had a couple kids.so after a couple of years outside the body picked up a fair mount of rust. Since the beginning this thing always had an intermittent fuel problem. So it was never on the road full time. When I finally decided to get back on the horse this is what I ended up driving.

I still had a fuel issue. Then as soon as i thought it was fixed, somehow a machine screw found its way into the motor and totally screwed me.

After the head was machined and I got a new jug and piston and began to slap everything back together. Even replaced the push tube gaskets after they leaked all over my garage.

Hose clamps are great make-shift piston ring compressors...

Then after about a week of troubleshooting the fuel problem I found a clog in the hard line and pushed it out with some steel cable.

Next I decided to take a crack at putting in a headliner and some sound deadener.

Mattress pad insulation! ...LOL its ok you can laugh...

If you havent noticed already my rear quarter panels were rusted out and cut so i finally scrounged up some $ to get some1 to weld it in. here's the process...

Now time to get the rest of the body tuned up a little...

I sanded down to bare metal, threw some stop rust all over the place... sanded down the excess then 2 coats primer and 2 coats paint... took about 40 rattle cans...

Oh yeah and I replaced a fender... rusted out headlight mounting section.

Now to untape and stick all the chrome and headlights back on.

Last edited by wicked1lbc; 01-07-2011 at 06:30 AM.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:53 AM
wicked1lbc
Registered Member

So this is pretty much where Im at for the moment. Im waiting on a new pedal roller and I need wider fenders. the pedal assembly should be back in by next week and im not sure when i can get the fenders but ill keep u guys updated as more things pop up ( bcuz we all know they do).
Old 01-07-2011, 06:59 AM
Natchez
Non Spelling Asshole

Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez

Everything was looking great till you went and added those hideous looking spikes. To each their own but jesus christ it looks stupid now.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:01 AM
wicked1lbc
Registered Member

Thanks for the input
Old 01-07-2011, 07:05 AM
Natchez
Non Spelling Asshole

Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez Natchez

Sorry man

More like this:

less like that
Old 01-07-2011, 07:08 AM
wicked1lbc
Registered Member

LOL... nice.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:31 AM
SCREECHO
Duct tape & Zip Ties

SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO SCREECHO

looks like you still missed some rust after all that work.
shave the gutters.
and your dog looks like it has a ball sac on its nose.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:37 AM
wicked1lbc
Registered Member

Yeah i know about the rust. I was just trying to stop any further damage while still being able to take it for a spin when I want. Progressively Ill be fixing it more and more. This is still a work in progress with alot of work still to be done. Keeping the gutters. LOL... Nut sak - Nose... I think he was licking his nose...
Old 01-08-2011, 06:04 AM
wicked1lbc
Registered Member

Any of u guys know of any shows during the winter?

Last edited by wicked1lbc; 01-08-2011 at 06:10 AM.

Quick Reply: 66x vw bug