Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

PICS - NASA "Lap Dance" @ VIR February 18th-20th

Old 02-23-2011, 05:52 AM
I<3Strippers!
+RepCarebearCrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!
Default Re: PICS - NASA "Lap Dance" @ VIR February 18th-20th

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
Yep there are all kinds of different cars. Everything from CRXs to Ferrari F-430 Challenge race cars and everything in between.
one thing i like about tracking, theres not 500 240's.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:52 AM
Cobra4B
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Originally Posted by Flinch
No, thats how I shot it. The only editing is to adjust colors/saturation/contrast.
I don't know anything about photography... my dad has a nice camera but he just puts it in auto and shoots. His shots come out static. Any idea what the idfference is?

i.e. this one....

vs. yours

Last edited by Cobra4B; 02-23-2011 at 05:58 AM.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:00 AM
Flinch
Desolation

Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch Flinch

Shutter speed. Your dad's photo was taken at 1/1000, I shoot at that turn anywhere from 1/125-1/160.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:00 AM
2ltrgsr
BACK IN A G8

2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr

Was that the yellow one? If so, the guy needs to learn some track etiquette. On Friday I was on track with him and twice he gave me a point by only to drag me down the straights, then have me up his butt in the turns. Finally on the front straight I got enough of a run on him to get along side him and motioned for him to slow down.

We get it.... you have a fast modded car that can dog Vipers and Corvettes in the straight.... good for you. When you give a point-by with and your in a fast car, breathe off the throttle to let the car actually pass you.
lol, yeah brady owns custom car care...he's a cool dude, didn't know he was acting like that though.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:32 AM
Turbox3

Turbox3 has disabled reputation

We get it.... you have a fast modded car that can dog Vipers and Corvettes in the straight.... good for you. When you give a point-by with and your in a fast car, breathe off the throttle to let the car actually pass you.
Sound advice, now please pass it along to Corvette owners because by and large they are the largest offending group of this track etiquette

This isn't a shot at you at all, because I've been on track with you (years ago) and know you aren't like this. Those of us not driving V8s have to deal with the "fast in the straights" guys on a regular basis, so hearing a complaint about it from a Z06 driver just got a chuckle out of me.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:41 AM
Cobra4B
Fanboi

Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B Cobra4B

Originally Posted by Turbox3
Sound advice, now please pass it along to Corvette owners because by and large they are the largest offending group of this track etiquette

This isn't a shot at you at all, because I've been on track with you (years ago) and know you aren't like this. Those of us not driving V8s have to deal with the "fast in the straights" guys on a regular basis, so hearing a complaint about it from a Z06 driver just got a chuckle out of me.
Trust me I know... my student this weeeknd was in a Pontiac G6 rental and we were gaining on a new ZR1 in all the twistey sections! In this case I could tell the driver of the Integra wanted to make sure I knew his car was faster than mine. The point is that I don't care... if he could drag me down the straight and then leave me through roller coaster and then put even more distance on me through Hog's Pen then I would be truly impressed

He finally backed off on the front straight and I never saw him again.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:44 AM
2ltrgsr
BACK IN A G8

2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr

well from what i've heard, he's a hell of a driver(instructor there also).
Old 02-23-2011, 06:55 AM
Cobra4B
Fanboi

Originally Posted by 2ltrgsr
well from what i've heard, he's a hell of a driver(instructor there also).
Gotcha... I don't know him at all and that may be the case. The car was very fast down the back straight.
Old 02-23-2011, 06:58 AM
2ltrgsr
BACK IN A G8

man, from the pictures it looked like a good turn out...i wish i would have gone to this, instead of cars & coffee
Old 02-23-2011, 07:39 AM
Broke Neck
-8th Day Clothing-

Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck

Trust me I know... my student this weeeknd was in a Pontiac G6 rental and we were gaining on a new ZR1 in all the twistey sections! In this case I could tell the driver of the Integra wanted to make sure I knew his car was faster than mine. The point is that I don't care... if he could drag me down the straight and then leave me through roller coaster and then put even more distance on me through Hog's Pen then I would be truly impressed

He finally backed off on the front straight and I never saw him again.

THIS MF'ER RIGHT HERE .... at what point to you relize youve just wasted a shit ton of money on a car .... he wasnt even hitting it in the straights to pull away when I was on track with him.

[YOUTUBE]xYuITrGtqW8[/YOUTUBE]

Quick Reply: PICS - NASA "Lap Dance" @ VIR February 18th-20th