Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Which company should I go with for performance?

Old 04-08-2011, 06:04 AM
And2TheRepublic
The Cat's Meow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And2TheRepublic And2TheRepublic And2TheRepublic And2TheRepublic And2TheRepublic And2TheRepublic And2TheRepublic And2TheRepublic And2TheRepublic And2TheRepublic And2TheRepublic
Default Re: Which company should I go with for performance?

Originally Posted by twinturbomeow
what about diy ............. vw drivers.....
Thats not what he was asking. He was asking which companies and their products are best suited for VW's, ie. APR Vs GAIC. Nowhere does he say that he is looking for companies to do the work for him.

to OP: APR is by far the most popular when it comes to chip tuning. As far as exhausts, there are many. APR makes an exhaust but they are expensive. Magnaflow is pretty popular as well.

I would suggest getting the APR flash, then downpipe or full exhaust. I have a 42DD downpipe and i am happy with it. There are quite a few companies that cater to VW's. All it takes is a few moments of searching the internet.

Also, don't get your feelings hurt when you receive a negative response from the interwebs.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:56 AM
92eg6lsv
Registered Member

92eg6lsv has disabled reputation

THanks man I gotta find a shop i trust to do the work to. All aspect motorsports is kinda shady in my experiences.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:26 AM
Lord Humongous
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by 92eg6lsv
THanks man I gotta find a shop i trust to do the work to. All aspect motorsports is kinda shady in my experiences.
That's funny.

Care to share your reasoning?
Old 04-10-2011, 10:43 AM
92eg6lsv
Registered Member

92eg6lsv has disabled reputation

I got my car taken there to have my transmission replaced, new clutch, resurfaced flywheel, and other stuff. It took them awhile to even get a USED transmission for the honda I had. Finally once they got it they realized my clutch was a hydraulic not a cable. So they tried charging me for there mistake when I had said I wasn't sure and they would have to check it out once i dropped the car off. So it wasn't no way my fault like they tried saying. Finally in the long run by the time i got my car back with all the work done they had notes for loose bolts or missing nuts and grounding wires and such so I had asked to do what they needed to replace them since the list was long and I didnt really need the car, well they said they didnt have time to do the work. It is just not something a car shop should be like specially if they are suppose to have a good rep (why i went there in the first place)