Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

what should i do with b16?

Old 06-06-2011, 11:33 PM
M▲dh▲tter
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
M▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these partsM▲dh▲tter is infamous around these parts
Default Re: what should i do with b16?

op should do himself a favor and just sell the block head and car so it doesnt get stolen like every other honda.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:46 PM
team703
Registered Member

team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703 team703

Originally Posted by Weldmandingo
also if you do decide to go with the ls/vtec swap and want to do it correctly do its reliable heres a link to instructions on building one... good luck bro

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=1676914
No bull, I printed that out 3 years ago and it was well worth reading when i did b20/vtec...
Old 06-07-2011, 03:55 PM
AaronDavis
AaronDavis

AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis

if i had the money to do any of that I would, im broke, this is all parts in my hondas, my garage, and my cousins garage. haha. would gsr cams help a b16 at all? or would i just be better off doing just a b16?
Thanks

up
Old 06-07-2011, 04:27 PM
Weldmandingo
Registered Member

Weldmandingo has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by team703
No bull, I printed that out 3 years ago and it was well worth reading when i did b20/vtec...
By far the best write up ive ever seen on a motor build, dude definitly knows his stuff
Old 06-07-2011, 04:41 PM
Weldmandingo
Registered Member

Originally Posted by AaronDavis
if i had the money to do any of that I would, im broke, this is all parts in my hondas, my garage, and my cousins garage. haha. would gsr cams help a b16 at all? or would i just be better off doing just a b16?
Thanks

up
Its not worth it man, you will see small hp gains by doing this, maybe AT BEST 6hp, not worth the work imo
Old 06-07-2011, 04:58 PM
AaronDavis
AaronDavis

AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis AaronDavis

well im rebuilding the motor, which means ill have that cams and all that out anyways. the block and head will be bare at one point and whatever i decide i wanna put in there is what goes when it goes back together.
Old 06-07-2011, 05:04 PM
Weldmandingo
Registered Member

Originally Posted by AaronDavis
well im rebuilding the motor, which means ill have that cams and all that out anyways. the block and head will be bare at one point and whatever i decide i wanna put in there is what goes when it goes back together.
just make surre you build it right and get it tuned after the build, a good tune is KEY to a realiable motor.. good luck to you man
Old 06-07-2011, 05:46 PM
AaronDavis
AaronDavis

im not doing extreme though, i was doing .020 over pistons and .010 under crank bearings just so the clearences are good and no egging cylinders or anything... i was thinking about doing the gsr cams for a little more lift/length and do a little port and polishing on the head. the b16 did have some aftermarket things on it though. header, short ram intake, aem fuel rail and injectors, and there may be a couple other things i dont remember. so who would i go to to get it tuned in hampton roads area? im in virginia beach
Old 06-08-2011, 08:13 AM
Subscribe Now!
Registered member

Subscribe Now! Subscribe Now! Subscribe Now! Subscribe Now! Subscribe Now! Subscribe Now! Subscribe Now! Subscribe Now! Subscribe Now! Subscribe Now! Subscribe Now!

I have in my civic the same thing that your trying to do to yours. If thats the only head you have then pop that bad boy on and let it ride man. I love my car. It's a fun little motor. your not gonna really get too much extra outta the head or cams but Its a fun little set-up and I like it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]119449[/ATTACH]

b16a2 bottom end. fadonza 9lbs. fly wheel. exedy stage 2 clutch. lightened crank pulley. gsr head. port/polished. supertech valve springs and retainers. type r valves w/ 5 angle job. arp head studs. aem fuel rail and fuel pressure regulator. new head gasket and timing belt.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	B16.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	119449