Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Down Shifting...

Old 02-06-2004 | 11:05 AM
shawn22
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22
Default Re: Down Shifting...

Originally Posted by six out 6
No double clutching when I downshift, only upshifting.. just trying to decrease turbo lag as much as possible.
Um...double shifting doesnt help turbo lag. All it does is make you take longer to shift.

And yes, i always rev match downshift no matter where im stopping at and all the way back down to 1st gear. And i heel-toe in every corner.
Old 02-06-2004 | 11:12 AM
LoWPRoFiLE
Company Man

LoWPRoFiLE LoWPRoFiLE LoWPRoFiLE

Originally Posted by six out 6
No double clutching when I downshift, only upshifting.. just trying to decrease turbo lag as much as possible.
Someone's been watching The Fast and The Furious
Old 02-06-2004 | 11:14 AM
Enigma

Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma

Originally Posted by LoWPRoFiLE
Someone's been watching The Fast and The Furious
I've noticed a difference with how I shift. Bite me
Old 02-06-2004 | 11:25 AM
NEO_WRX
Japanese Disease

NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX NEO_WRX

one of my dads friends brought his corvette over and was trying to teach me how to keep the weight and force balanced when your downshifting, the fastest way through corners, how to heel/toe. I would practice more often but WRX gearboxes are jewish and don't like to cooperate. Especially trying to get into first from anything other than a dead stop.
Old 02-06-2004 | 11:33 AM
crxnfx
I have a 20 valve...

crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx

my amigo's ass would actually slip if you downshifted too fast. If I was at like 4k and downshifted, the back tires would spin....never had a car that did that.
Old 02-06-2004 | 11:34 AM
Enigma

Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma

Originally Posted by crxnfx
my amigo's ass would actually slip if you downshifted too fast. If I was at like 4k and downshifted, the back tires would spin....never had a car that did that.
Mine does.. it helps initiate drift.
Old 02-06-2004 | 09:01 PM
cfhoodeclipse
R3BORN

cfhoodeclipse is on a distinguished road

i usually downshif if ii've got nothing better to do. if you've got a drink or something and you're thirsty you can just push in the clutch and start drinking as you roll up to the light pressing the brake. i do downshift a lot of the time though. i don't know why
Old 02-07-2004 | 12:09 AM
Brock Obama
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

Why wear out two components to your car all at once? I hardly ever down shift to slow down, that why I have four wheel disk at all four corners. I hate it when I see some pin-dick down shifting a car that doesn't have enough compression to slow down a hampster on the run though.

Last edited by Brock Obama; 02-07-2004 at 11:37 PM.
Old 02-07-2004 | 06:03 AM
themacuser.org
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by XCELR8
Why wear out to componets to your car to once. I hardly ever down shift to slow down, that why I have four wheel disk at all four corners. I hate it when I see some pin-dick down shifting a car that doesn't have enough compression to slow down a hampster on the run though.
Let me find a post you've made that doesn't in some way beat around the fact that you think imports suck and domestics rock.
Wait. You've never posted anything that said anything different.
It's getting old... and i'm a domestic guy.
Old 02-07-2004 | 10:09 AM
nolongerhere.
I'm audi5000.

nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere.

i don't downshift. that's what brakes are for.

Quick Reply: Down Shifting...