Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

HELP! stuck dead at HPDE

Old 09-10-2011 | 07:00 PM
Gen_Crunchytoes
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes
Default Re: HELP! stuck dead at HPDE

You said when you tried to roll start it after it died nothing happened. The only clown in here is the one who races the car he drove to the track knowing it wasn't mechanically sound
Old 09-10-2011 | 07:02 PM
TATTRAT
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

IBHEISOGYALLGOTTROLLED
Old 09-10-2011 | 07:24 PM
nismo300zr2
Show-lo car

nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2

Originally Posted by boredom
So you took a car with known starting and ignition problems to run at a track, with no back up plan? And then you don't know what to look for? You sound like a true dumbass.

Id call a tow truck and make a for sale thread.
no, i had known STARTING problems. the back up was to push start. which i did for 2 of the 4 sessions yesterday. todays morning session and the session where this happened, it cranked just fine. the back up to the backup was- i have a trailer here. You sound like a true jackass. oh wait, this is driven, you sound like a true regular.
heres some more words and pictures you can copy paste to your desktop

Originally Posted by Reloaded
When you mean it doesn't start....

Does the starter motor not turn over or do you not hear the fuel pump click on?
no, starter would not turn over when i had issue. not a peep.

so with the help of pit neighbors taking a look while i turned the key they found a spark arcing at the coil. a bad insulation/cracked coil seemed to be the issue. taking the coil wire to the distributer off revealed alot of rust in the cap. taking the distibutor cap off to clean and inspect revealed this-

there was a screw inside that somehow worked itself loose and probably caused the destruction. inside the cap, hard to see in the pic, is dotted with impact points of the screw bouncing around in there.

the screw at the top left ^ was the one that had worked itself out.

advance had these parts for me but no cap.

i guess the old cap was still in good shape because after installing all this, its started right back up just fine.

Oh, not interested in FWD, i get the passby signals from vette,porshe,mustang as it is.
thanks

im running again in atlanta in a few weeks. i'd like to see if your driving skills are as quick as your Ethugging
Old 09-10-2011 | 07:25 PM
nismo300zr2
Show-lo car

nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2 nismo300zr2

Originally Posted by Crnchy wen Blac
You said when you tried to roll start it after it died nothing happened. The only clown in here is the one who races the car he drove to the track knowing it wasn't mechanically sound
awesome. good thing i didnt drive it here.
Old 09-10-2011 | 08:20 PM
Gen_Crunchytoes
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

See, when someone says there are stuck somewhere most people assume they have no other means of transport and are stranded