Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Hellaflush info?

Old 11-10-2011, 05:22 AM
....AJ....
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....
Default Re: Hellaflush info?

The term "hellaflush" makes me want to put a cat in the microwave...
Old 11-10-2011, 06:23 AM
Lord Humongous
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

You know...by all the definations, my Cobra is slammed
Old 11-10-2011, 06:25 AM
WishIHadaSilvia
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

Originally Posted by IllestVa
I personally like this look. Your gonna give up some functionality though. Well now there is acouple things to look at, wheel bearing upgrades, extended wheel studs and spacers to sit flush with the fender "should be flared and/or rolled", quality springs and shocks, camber kits, strut bars and lastly rims. gonna cost you a pretty penny.

Hey if it makes you feel better I am doing the same with my hatch, but i am def not slamming the shit to hell.

I've made everything red thats wrong.

You need fully adjustable coilovers, you need rolled fenders, you need wheels that fit properly (you don't need spacers or wheel bearings, just buy the right shit).

It will be expensive.

Don't worry I'm sure you'll just use OEM struts with $100 ebay dropzone 'coilovers', and buy some 15X8 +0 spormaxes, because it has to be a 0 offset to be hellaflush yo, and some 205/50/15s and wonder why it wont fit right on your civic.

ok....honest advice. Spend a few months, maybe years, reading about suspension and wheel set ups. Familiarize yourself with the car you want to modify at least a little bit. Don't expect to be spoon fed (which is essentially what you've asked for here, and that's why you're being flamed).

You only need fender work, adjustable coilovers (ones that drop the shock body not the spring), camber adjustment arms, and wheels/tires. If you get a EG/EK/DC Honda, do not buy 8" wide wheels with a 0 offset unless you want to run 195/45s and lots of camber. Get a +20 or +15 offset, you'll be way better off.

Also, try to avoid words like 'hellaflush', and 'illest', and everything else coined by the dumb asses in the pacific northwest. This style has been going on way before those words were used and it was a whole lot better then.
Old 11-10-2011, 01:40 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Save your money. It's a dying trend and it's always much trendier to have a car that actually drives.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:07 PM
IllestVa
Registered Member

IllestVa has disabled reputation

woah I was saying one way to do them. I would understand the coilovers, of course who wouldnt, but a stiffer spring rate and adjustable shocks will equally do the same just a little cheaper. For the rim setup, you can go wider but I was statin a way that would work with your current rims. And why not upgrade the wheel bearings? if your running an extreme neg. camber setup, wouldnt your stock wheel bearings not handle up to it. And how about extended wheel studs wheel spacers? Wider rims sounds great in the rear. I wouldnt want to fuck up my turning radius. Rolling and Flaring, same difference in looks, just need your tires to be almost mm off to have it "flush". Strut bars to stiffener up your chassis.

I bet its cool to be a complete smartass via internet. But its all good, I really dont give a shit. I know what the fuck Im talking about but still learning from this trend, now that air ride companys are offering bolt on setups for honda/acura and any other imports.

Ps I forgot to add that if your if you have a pinch weld in your fender wall. Make equal cuts on the length of the pinch weld, not on the weld spots. Then hammer that shit down. It will cut a groove in your tire when going low.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:20 PM
IllestVa
Registered Member

why do people assume we all go cheap besides themselves?
Old 11-10-2011, 08:22 PM
IllestVa
Registered Member

soo what other terms for this trend besides "hellaflush" or "Stance" are out there. j/w
Old 11-10-2011, 08:23 PM
IllestVa
Registered Member

and that hurts....tears. I personally like my name, simplicity at its best.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:25 PM
1daktchplz
Registered Member

1daktchplz 1daktchplz 1daktchplz 1daktchplz 1daktchplz 1daktchplz 1daktchplz 1daktchplz 1daktchplz 1daktchplz 1daktchplz

Originally Posted by IllestVa
woah I was saying one way to do them. I would understand the coilovers, of course who wouldnt, but a stiffer spring rate and adjustable shocks will equally do the same just a little cheaper. For the rim setup, you can go wider but I was statin a way that would work with your current rims. And why not upgrade the wheel bearings? if your running an extreme neg. camber setup, wouldnt your stock wheel bearings not handle up to it. And how about extended wheel studs wheel spacers? Wider rims sounds great in the rear. I wouldnt want to fuck up my turning radius. Rolling and Flaring, same difference in looks, just need your tires to be almost mm off to have it "flush". Strut bars to stiffener up your chassis.

I bet its cool to be a complete smartass via internet. But its all good, I really dont give a shit. I know what the fuck Im talking about but still learning from this trend, now that air ride companys are offering bolt on setups for honda/acura and any other imports.

Ps I forgot to add that if your if you have a pinch weld in your fender wall. Make equal cuts on the length of the pinch weld, not on the weld spots. Then hammer that shit down. It will cut a groove in your tire when going low.
They are wheels fuck ass.
Old 11-10-2011, 08:26 PM
IllestVa
Registered Member

Originally Posted by 1daktchplz
They are wheels fuck ass.
and?

Quick Reply: Hellaflush info?