Notices
Vendor Reviews Post and read reviews for ANY business vendor, including dealerships, that you've dealt with, positive or negative. This is open to anybody and everybody, not restricted to Sponsors. If you're looking for a vendor/service try asking in one of the Regional Forums.

VIRGINIA SPEED = extra special motor

Old 12-26-2011 | 11:46 PM
Broke Neck
-8th Day Clothing-

Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck
Default Re: VIRGINIA SPEED = extra special motor

Damn Sonny, that really sucks man.

Ive never done buisness with them, a friend Justin works there though. Buddy of mine just got a D1 Procharger put on his C6 Vette there as well (even though they seemed to hit him over the head, he was very pleased)

Definatly heard alot of horror storys, like Brians and what he went through there.

BTW .... before the TROLLS come out .... Sonny is a real stand up guy .... infact heres some of his incar video. He races at the MAxton standing mile down in NC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGynrKVNPeI

Nothing like a 300 shot in 4th to keep you going.
Old 12-27-2011 | 03:41 AM
Iroc-Boost
Cock chugginton

Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost

Originally Posted by Broke Neck
Damn Sonny, that really sucks man.

Ive never done buisness with them, a friend Justin works there though. Buddy of mine just got a D1 Procharger put on his C6 Vette there as well (even though they seemed to hit him over the head, he was very pleased)

Definatly heard alot of horror storys, like Brians and what he went through there.

BTW .... before the TROLLS come out .... Sonny is a real stand up guy .... infact heres some of his incar video. He races at the MAxton standing mile down in NC

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGynrKVNPeI

Nothing like a 300 shot in 4th to keep you going.
What Broke Neck said. Sonnys car was in Hot Rod mag a few years ago to. Car is awesome. Cant believe that happened. Guess i know where its going next though
Old 12-27-2011 | 04:12 AM
MORE IMPATIENT
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

I doubt any trolls will be appearing, there has been too many terrible stories about this place. I went there once with my buddy and they did something to his camaro years ago, they completely screwed it up and still wanted to charge him. He didnt pay of course cause hes that kind of guy, not paying if the shit isnt right and of course they acted like the car was running how it should. Place is not kosher from too many people having huge problems.
Old 12-27-2011 | 05:39 AM
WutupYo
GLHF

WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo

I had my motor built there. Aside from paying out the ass, and being told a much, much smaller price up front, The motor is very very sound. A 408 with stock intake setup and heads for a 383, I have 500WHP. I'll chalk that up to Ed being a superb tuner.

Everytime I went in there, I was having to spend more money due to the guy that initially gave me the quote, basing all of his prices on stock parts, as apposed to a high horsepower motor. I won't have them build another car. I'll let Ed tune it, but thats about it. This was also right at the time that Ed's business closed, and he came to Va Speed. I originally wanted to take it to Ed's shop.
Old 12-27-2011 | 05:44 AM
Lord Humongous
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Again...my question is: did Sonny tear down the motor and find the shit in there?

If so, I'd be up there in a minute with the parts asking for my money back
Old 12-27-2011 | 05:51 AM
-JB-
Fitty Tuckin

-JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB- -JB-

Thats a lot of money for a Company to just shit on a customer like that.
Old 12-27-2011 | 06:06 AM
Iroc-Boost
Cock chugginton

Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost Iroc-Boost

Originally Posted by Lord Humongous
Again...my question is: did Sonny tear down the motor and find the shit in there?

If so, I'd be up there in a minute with the parts asking for my money back
Yes sonny dropped the pan and found that.
Old 12-27-2011 | 06:44 AM
Kris.Is.Foamin
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin

Originally Posted by Iroc-Boost

Holy fuck...

That's UNACCEPTABLE, even for pep-boys.

I'm glad I never have a reason to go to VS.
Old 12-27-2011 | 07:34 AM
Lord Humongous
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by Iroc-Boost
Then that's fucked.

I'd have jumped in the car with the pan and drove right the fuck up there
Old 12-27-2011 | 08:20 AM
sonny_0000000
Registered Member

sonny_0000000 is infamous around these partssonny_0000000 is infamous around these partssonny_0000000 is infamous around these partssonny_0000000 is infamous around these partssonny_0000000 is infamous around these partssonny_0000000 is infamous around these partssonny_0000000 is infamous around these partssonny_0000000 is infamous around these partssonny_0000000 is infamous around these partssonny_0000000 is infamous around these partssonny_0000000 is infamous around these parts

Thanks for the props, Broke Neck.

Lord,
All I've done so far is drain the oil, pull the pan and filter, and then pulled the oil pump. The needle bearing (or whatever it is) and the pieces of plastic stuff I found were in the oil pan, and the piece of metal was wedged between the oil pump drive shaft and the body of the oil pump. That is the shaft in the pic, and you can see where it is a little galled up by the metal piece being wedged in there.

Quick Reply: VIRGINIA SPEED = extra special motor