Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

B18A1 motor

Old 01-20-2012, 09:36 AM
WaYtOoLoW
VADRIVEN IS WHACK!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WaYtOoLoW has disabled reputation
Default Re: B18A1 motor

Originally Posted by Lord Humongous
What do you mean "anymore" you stupid noob...you've only been here a year and a half
my last account was from like 06 07, still not long, but i've been in the honda game a long time, there was a time before when you didn't know a damn thing yourself....whats the big deal about trying to help someone else, i'm sure you used to ask fucking questions
Old 01-20-2012, 09:40 AM
Lay Zee H
NBHNC

Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H Lay Zee H

Lol at Honda kids talking about "torque" and "pulling great"
Old 01-20-2012, 09:42 AM
WaYtOoLoW
VADRIVEN IS WHACK!

Originally Posted by idriveahonda
Well when stupid fucks ask stupid fucking questions that have been answered five million fucking times in the history of Honda's, a basic fucking search will do you a ton of fucking good.

Fuck.
well if it makes someone stupid to ask a not so stupid question then what the fuck. some people like myself would just rather ask someone that knows a little bit more about it and has done it before because most of the time the answer is better to hear from someone who knows something, half the shit you find on the internet is bullshit anyway.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:48 AM
WaYtOoLoW
VADRIVEN IS WHACK!

Originally Posted by b16EFsedan
"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to idriveahonda again. " and also model/year the motor is going into..im guessing from the op's thread having a b18a1(older integra engine) usually goes back into the same OBD0 factory car(which all had cable transmissions). do you OP understand all of this? op do you also know that some of the b18a1's have different size spline for the 90-91 have smaller and 92-93 have a larger spline like the hydro transmissions....you really should do some research
basicly i figured he was using a hydro setup by reading the thread, i beleive he mentioned something about a hydro b16 trans, so someone would assume hes using a 24 spline setup. i know all about that..
Old 01-20-2012, 10:01 AM
Dillweed
Registered Member

Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed Dillweed

Shut up
Old 01-20-2012, 10:05 AM
TATTRAT
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

so all this bull shittery, and my posts get removed, lol
Old 01-20-2012, 10:16 AM
WaYtOoLoW
VADRIVEN IS WHACK!

Originally Posted by Dillweed
Shut up
damnit, i really don't have a comeback for that
Old 01-20-2012, 10:59 AM
Lord Humongous
VaDriven Mayhem

Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous Lord Humongous

Originally Posted by WaYtOoLoW
my last account was from like 06 07, still not long, but i've been in the honda game a long time, there was a time before when you didn't know a damn thing yourself....whats the big deal about trying to help someone else, i'm sure you used to ask fucking questions
Well, I grew up before the internet so I learned by doing and making mistakes. Even then I tried to figure something out by searching before asking someone.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:36 AM
WaYtOoLoW
VADRIVEN IS WHACK!

Originally Posted by Lord Humongous
Well, I grew up before the internet so I learned by doing and making mistakes. Even then I tried to figure something out by searching before asking someone.
i agree, trying to figure it out on your own is the way to go, thats how you learn, i've got tons of trial and error experience but usually if i ask a question its because i've already tried to find the answer else where and nothing is there.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:45 AM
Gen_Crunchytoes
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

Originally Posted by WaYtOoLoW
i asked a buddy of mine the same question cause i'm in search of a tranny to put on my b1 for my dd, he explained it that the gsr would be better because a b16 tranny is geared for the better torque at low rpm's and the b16 typically revs higher than the b18, as to where the gsr has the shorter gears for higher rpm torque and don't rev as high, specially the b1, it has a 7200 redline on a factory tune, i had a gsr on a b1 before and it pulled great so thats what i'm going to go with again, if that makes any sense at all? i don't like to think i know it all so, i hope i didn't get that backwards, end result, i've heard more better things about a gsr tranny on a b1 than a b16 tranny
False. B16 trans has the shorter gear ratio, it helps make up for the lack of torque put out by the b16. And for future reference (if you didn't know) the type r trans uses the same 1st-3rd gear ratio as the b16