Notices
Automotive Discussion Automotive talk that is not technical can be posted here. Posts must address the general population.

Rx-8

Old 01-28-2012, 07:24 AM
Dubee88
TonzAGunz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88
Default Re: Rx-8

Originally Posted by Lord Humongous
If you think the RX8 is the best looking car on the road, then there's nothing we can do to help you.
truth
Old 01-28-2012, 07:28 AM
Priestiality
Hello

Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality

They are extremely well handling cars and fun to drive at the limits, predictable and light-weight. I don't really know what dude above thinks makes a 'sports car.'

Not really for straight-line but I'm sure you know that; sounds like you do need to read up on the rotary though.
Old 01-28-2012, 07:33 AM
Its Chey
Why so serious?

Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey

I owned one and thoroughly enjoyed it. Having said that........I will not own another.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:00 AM
Dubee88
TonzAGunz

Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88 Dubee88

Originally Posted by Priestiality
They are extremely well handling cars and fun to drive at the limits, predictable and light-weight. I don't really know what dude above thinks makes a 'sports car.'

Not really for straight-line but I'm sure you know that; sounds like you do need to read up on the rotary though.
a sports car is not an rx-8

Originally Posted by Its Chey
I owned one and thoroughly enjoyed it. Having said that........I will not own another.
why will you not own another? cuz they suck? audi wagons are better?
Old 01-28-2012, 08:14 AM
jarrett2k
ConflictedFelon

jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k jarrett2k

Originally Posted by Priestiality

I never saw where they were fun to drive, nor did i see where it handled very well. The power curve is worse than a VTEC honda and it's slower than most all cars in it's price range in the same category.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:16 AM
Dubee88
TonzAGunz

Originally Posted by jarrett2k
I never saw where they were fun to drive, nor did i see where it handled very well. The power curve is worse than a VTEC honda and it's slower than most all cars in it's price range in the same category.
Thank you very much...so much truth to that statement
Old 01-28-2012, 09:51 AM
Priestiality
Hello

Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality Priestiality

Originally Posted by jarrett2k
I've only experienced the contrary but here's another opinion: http://www.motortrend.com/av/roadtes...da_rx-8_video/

Your second sentence is true.

Their power output has never been in question but it's usually hard to argue that they don't give great feedback, transition well or are fun to drive in any sort of spirited fashion.

Originally Posted by Dubee88
Dudebro, that makes even less sense than saying an RX-8 isn't a sports car. Do yours need to be on a nascar track to classify or to have a straight axle for mad hookupz?

Look, personally I'd hold out for the Toyaburu or pick up a miater in this used price range (both with low power and great fun to drive) and there are probably better choices (i'd like an E30 M3) but OP likes the aesthetics and those are the positives and negatives of this platform.

Don't know why people need to be so religious over cars.
Old 01-28-2012, 02:03 PM
BathSaltStarbux
NotAcOp:)

BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux BathSaltStarbux

The mazdas are cheep now to pick up.. i really want one but would rather a rx7
Old 01-28-2012, 02:30 PM
marlinspike
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

How is a light RWD car with a sub-6 second 0-60 not a sports car? It would have been one hell of a sports car in 1990. What is "fast" doesn't change just because other things are faster.
Old 01-28-2012, 03:33 PM
Its Chey
Why so serious?

Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey Its Chey

Originally Posted by Dubee88

why will you not own another? cuz they suck? audi wagons are better?
Suck? No, not exactly. It was a blast to drive on mountain roads. I liked the paint job on mine. Never hated it, but it left much to be desired. Actually yes, my wagon is much better. Much better than a particular red BMW that comes to mind......Say whatever you want about my Audi wagon, there is no way you would deny me cuddle time at the drive in with the rear seats down.

OP, by one if you truly want it. There is a chance you may hate it though. I had an 2004 auto trans. The engine was replaced at 4600, before I owned it. I never had a flooding issue I couldn't handle in 10 minutes. No misfires. Never added more than a quarts worth of oil per change interval. Research all you can as it does require your attention more than most other vehicles. I used to add 16oz of two stroke oil per fuel fill to compensate for have the early engine with only two oil metering jets. In my mind it certainly helped lube/preserve the apex seals.

Quick Reply: Rx-8