Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

abacus racing machine shop

Old 02-17-2012, 06:49 PM
BuddyClubCivic
All Motor All Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BuddyClubCivic has disabled reputation
Default Re: abacus racing machine shop

I've been in your shoes. Taking your engine to Abacus will be the best decision you ever made. Chuck is the head guy and is more than friendly. Seth will prob be the one building your motor, and is more than willing to talk to you about everything going on with your setup.

Last edited by BuddyClubCivic; 02-17-2012 at 06:51 PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:09 PM
JJSpinALot
NEO VVL N1 BITCHES

JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot

thanks for the input. ill call them next week
Old 02-18-2012, 06:24 PM
Jarrod
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by NasTHatch
No idea if you were trying to clown Abacus but....

I had a motor machined there, sleeving and what not. Assemble'd by Shawn Ramey at Ramey Built.
My good friend Shad Sawyer at Abacus helped me put together the cylinder head. Both shops use and have used Abacus.

This said motor was a sleeved ITR block and a ported head. It made over 800whp and is still together.

Chuck knows his stuff, not just Honda blocks either. There are a lot of nice cars up there, old and new.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:28 PM
marlinspike
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

I think NasT's point was Abacus has such a good reputation that it he's not sure if someone could seriously question them.
Old 02-18-2012, 06:36 PM
yahh
Registered member

yahh is infamous around these partsyahh is infamous around these partsyahh is infamous around these partsyahh is infamous around these partsyahh is infamous around these partsyahh is infamous around these partsyahh is infamous around these partsyahh is infamous around these partsyahh is infamous around these partsyahh is infamous around these partsyahh is infamous around these parts

Laurel Machine Shop on Woodman and Ballos Precision Machine Shop off of Hilliard are both great. I know there are one or two cases on here that weren't great but I've had two blocks built there with no problems and a few friends that have gotten 4g63's and 420a's built there and my flywheel resurfaced and balanced.(at ballos)
Old 02-18-2012, 07:04 PM
NasTHatch
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

Originally Posted by Jarrod
No idea if you were trying to clown Abacus but....

I had a motor machined there, sleeving and what not. Assemble'd by Shawn Ramey at Ramey Built.
My good friend Shad Sawyer at Abacus helped me put together the cylinder head. Both shops use and have used Abacus.

This said motor was a sleeved ITR block and a ported head. It made over 800whp and is still together.

Chuck knows his stuff, not just Honda blocks either. There are a lot of nice cars up there, old and new.
Originally Posted by marlinspike
I think NasT's point was Abacus has such a good reputation that it he's not sure if someone could seriously question them.
Ding Ding Ding
Old 02-18-2012, 08:48 PM
Audio
#Trendy

Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio Audio

Abacus >
Old 02-19-2012, 08:15 AM
JJSpinALot
NEO VVL N1 BITCHES

JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot JJSpinALot

I don't live in the 757 so I have never heard of them till I did some research. definitely seem like the kinda shop im looking for. I have heard bad things about ballos so I'm not sure I want to use them on something so expensive and precise.
Old 02-20-2012, 07:02 AM
Broke Neck
-8th Day Clothing-

Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck Broke Neck

Chuck is a complete pile of shit, he may do good work I dunno, but his customer service is fucking horrible.

Cannot comment on anything Abacus puts out, but know they lost a nice chunk of change with my dad and his Porsche because of Chucks shitty attitude.

We had a little incident as I was dropping the car off, so I never took it off the trailer told him to get fucked, and took the car over to LMN Motorpsorts.

As far as machine shops .... ive always used Magnum in Chesapeake. Curt has done alot of things for me and a handful of my friends.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:08 AM
Bizkit64
No

Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64 Bizkit64

Abacus is a great shop. I went on a tour of the entire shop a few weeks ago and was very impressed. One part of the shop literally was flooded with all kinds of motors being worked on. They had a few Ferrarr's, and collector cars they were working on which was very impressive. They did my brothers B16 8-9 years ago and it was great. They can literally do anything, one of the guys was working on a high set up STI motor while in the corner they had a old giant boat motor they were working on.

Quick Reply: abacus racing machine shop