Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

crx intake

Old 03-02-2004, 11:40 AM
Carter
nannerpus, nannerpus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts
Default Re: crx intake

oh please don't do that, especially with no piping. go on ebay and spend $20 to get piping and a filter, with the nipple on the piping to connect the hose to the valve cover.
Old 03-02-2004, 12:49 PM
Neo Xian Wu
Dont Be Scared Homie

Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu

Originally Posted by Carter
oh please don't do that, especially with no piping. go on ebay and spend $20 to get piping and a filter, with the nipple on the piping to connect the hose to the valve cover.
Old 03-03-2004, 07:09 AM
NIC668
Registered Member

NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668

I want to say abacus dyno'd a car with a full cold air intake and they dyno'd the same car with the filter on just the TB and it made more power!

If it was not abacus then I dont know who did it My boy told me that so I am not 100% sure
Old 03-03-2004, 07:13 AM
Carter
nannerpus, nannerpus

Carter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these partsCarter is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by STK CRX
I want to say abacus dyno'd a car with a full cold air intake and they dyno'd the same car with the filter on just the TB and it made more power!

If it was not abacus then I dont know who did it My boy told me that so I am not 100% sure
a friend of a freind of a friend probably told him that, too.
Old 03-03-2004, 07:46 AM
NIC668
Registered Member

NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668

a friend of a freind of a friend probably told him that, too.

yeah but it makes sence. Somone will have to ask shad!
Old 03-03-2004, 10:53 AM
zappas
been around awhile.

zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas zappas

just take the intake off.
Old 03-04-2004, 11:34 PM
audiophile24
Registered Member

audiophile24 has disabled reputation

the purpose of an intake is to allow more air into the TB. the purpose of a CAI is to send more COLD air into the TB. ive owed numerous crixes and i have never had any problem with a warm air intake on a relatively stock engine. on the other hand i have had problems with CAI as they have a tendency to "suck" water in wet weather. that is the only time i had a check engine light come on. on a stock honda crix engine there is really no signifigant power gains with a warm air intake versus the more favorable CAI which does give a little more power. its just warm air intakes make the car louder and look better under the hood, than the stock airbox.