Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Any Shops in Chesapeake/Suffolk/Portsmouth Area that can do wheel bearing replacement

Old 06-24-2012, 05:35 PM
ShawnD
Troll & Run

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD
Default Re: Any Shops in Chesapeake/Suffolk/Portsmouth Area that can do wheel bearing replace

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Most automotive machine shops will do it also. That's what I do here because most shops get all squirrely when I mention that it's a Subaru. Subarus are like alien spaceships here in South Carolina.
woah, south carolina? thought you were in colorado?
Old 06-24-2012, 09:08 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: Any Shops in Chesapeake/Suffolk/Portsmouth Area that can do wheel bearing replace

Originally Posted by MalfoyD
woah, south carolina? thought you were in colorado?
Not anymore, moved last summer. I really want a fun motorsports job in Charlotte though, so North Carolina will be the next stop.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:43 AM
MORE IMPATIENT
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

Originally Posted by NasTHatch
half hour labor to do one side......at 107 and hour that's 53.50.......so i think 100 for both is right on...
I love you forrest.but are you kidding me, ive pressed those bearings out and put new ones in in 5 minutes when the knuckles are off. we did have a really nice press though. I guess if you are doing it manually it might cost that much. those big chain places just seem to be overly high priced to me. But I mean I know why, for people who don't know how to fix their own car or have a personal mechanic, they can make alot of money that way. And when I didn't have a press I took it to a machine shop in chesapeake called wargo, they did it in 5 minutes and charged me 5 bucks.

Last edited by MORE IMPATIENT; 06-25-2012 at 04:46 AM.
Old 06-26-2012, 01:57 PM
ShawnD
Troll & Run

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Not anymore, moved last summer. I really want a fun motorsports job in Charlotte though, so North Carolina will be the next stop.
there should be plenty around there, and then I can meet you when I travel to watch hockey down there
Old 06-26-2012, 02:22 PM
NasTHatch
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
I love you forrest.but are you kidding me, ive pressed those bearings out and put new ones in in 5 minutes when the knuckles are off. we did have a really nice press though. I guess if you are doing it manually it might cost that much. those big chain places just seem to be overly high priced to me. But I mean I know why, for people who don't know how to fix their own car or have a personal mechanic, they can make alot of money that way. And when I didn't have a press I took it to a machine shop in chesapeake called wargo, they did it in 5 minutes and charged me 5 bucks.
yeah man the big chain stores do charge a lot, i personally wouldn't have charged that much, BUT All Data labor rates actually have the wheel bearing listed at 1.0 per side....
Old 06-26-2012, 03:03 PM
MORE IMPATIENT
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

well I mean they do have to make money to pay the people, makes sense. just sometimes I think they blatantly charge people 3 times as much as it should just to see if they can get it, ha.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:41 PM
NasTHatch
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

well I mean they do have to make money to pay the people, makes sense. just sometimes I think they blatantly charge people 3 times as much as it should just to see if they can get it, ha.
industry standard is part times 3 and the same goes for paint/body work......3,000 + to paint a car .......

Old 06-26-2012, 05:01 PM
MORE IMPATIENT
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

also takes like 100 to 200 + labor hours, plus 1000 just for materia to do a color change on a car.

They dont have to buy shit to put a wheel bearing in considering most people supply them.
Old 06-26-2012, 05:39 PM
ShawnD
Troll & Run

its a money making business, not a be a friend business lol
Old 06-26-2012, 08:02 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

also takes like 100 to 200 + labor hours, plus 1000 just for material to do a color change on a car.
It takes 2.5 to 5 full man-weeks to do a color change?

Quick Reply: Any Shops in Chesapeake/Suffolk/Portsmouth Area that can do wheel bearing replacement