Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Supercharge a Truck?

Old 04-06-2004, 06:40 AM
Zero Signal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Zero Signal is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Supercharge a Truck?

My old roommate has a Tacoma which he supercharged. He was happy with it. It was a very VERY quick truck. He had a 10psi pulley on the blower. The s/c and all the accessories were all TRD. He has a shitload of other mods under the hood too. Bottom line is, do what you want and what you're going to enjoy the most. Fuck other people.
Old 04-06-2004, 06:42 AM
mnchvgs79
Custom User Title

mnchvgs79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello there fellow truck owner!

Go to www.rangerpowersports.com you will find a TON of information on there, there are plenty of people with fast ass trucks.

I myself have a Ranger which I am putting a 2.3 Turbo in SOON (already have it)

If you are intersted in lowering, bagging or whatever else to your truck, check out my sig.

Adam
Old 04-06-2004, 06:46 AM
IC x Prince
Registered Member

IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince IC x Prince

my truck is supercharged. it's a 2001 toyota tacoma s-runner.
Old 04-06-2004, 11:44 AM
Wadman85
I heart honda

Wadman85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Victum
why dont you lift the truck or something instead... if u want a real truck get a lightning :P
you mean a SRT-10 right
Old 04-06-2004, 11:47 AM
Focal E46
Jesus bilt my hotrod

Focal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Wadman85
you mean a SRT-10 right
No he was right, who wants to blow a head gasket
Old 04-06-2004, 11:53 AM
litlespic
RS Doscientos

litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic

If you put a blower on a 3.0 v6 and get a measley 15 out of it, shoot your self in both feet and then chop off your dick and then you may proceed to blow your brains out. That is the most pitiful thing I have heard. Almost as bad as hearing hondas buying turbo kits to run 4 psi which is lost from pressure drop across their 1000 dollar intercoolers.

So back to the topic, 302/351 or if you feel like you want to go fast get a 2.3t.
Old 04-06-2004, 12:02 PM
Brock Obama
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

One hell of a lot of money for the amount your going to gain. I would just either, one, use that truck as daily transportation or, two, lift it with big tires, grill guard, roll bar, stuff like that. But as far as modifying this truck for speed goes, thats gonna' be a big no. The general concensus of DragVa will tell you the same thing also.
Old 04-06-2004, 12:14 PM
mnchvgs79
Custom User Title

mnchvgs79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Why would you lift a 2WD if you arent going pre-runner style??

If its 2WD you drop (or bag) it!
If its 4WD then you lift it!

If you want a fast truck, there is PLENTY you can do to make that thing beast, it all depends on what you want remember though... It is a truck, it has a truck suspension, it has a higher center of gravity even when lowered, it WILL NEVER handle like a sports car.
Old 04-06-2004, 03:07 PM
USAFturtle
04 Mazda 6s

USAFturtle is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, all I'm gonna say is reread my post and you'll see that 15's are with the stock open diff, crappy stock tall ass tires and the weak ass stock clutch.....that's also only running like 6 or 7 psi. The whipple was designed to be used on a future factory sold Ford Ranger so a very extended reliability had to be taken into consideration.

I myself, within a few months of having the SC (if I get it which I probably won't) will be running better tires, better clutch and a LSD in the rear along with a smaller pully where (for now) I'd be running 12 to 13 psi instead. I also have exhaust to give it a tiny bit extra over Whipples numbers......these mods should put me in the range of low 14's to high 13's if I'm really lucky....and I'm sorry, but low 14's, high 13's will beat most cars on the board....by all means, not all, but most.
Old 04-06-2004, 03:10 PM
litlespic
RS Doscientos

litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic

for high 13's I say go for it, but if your goin to pay that much to put a blower on a v6 you could have about 400hp out of a 4 cylinder or probably more out of a 302/351... and I wouldnt trust the v6 tranny, but thats up to you.

Quick Reply: Supercharge a Truck?