Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

i really want a bike.

Old 07-19-2004, 02:25 PM
Woodrow
Slow as Shit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow
Default Re: i really want a bike.

Ooops, 1700. My bad
Old 07-19-2004, 02:27 PM
BadBeck
DILLIGAF?

BadBeck is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Woodrow
Ooops, 1700. My bad

lol
Old 07-19-2004, 05:54 PM
Kastro
hey soldier boy, soldier boy

Kastro is an unknown quantity at this point

I know someone who works at Cliffs Honda/Yamaha and he'll give you a deal. Might not be a big deal, but it's still a deal Lol. He also knows a lot of people so he can probably find someone with a used bike for sale. Just let me know what kind of bike you want and I'll see what I can do for you. I doubt I can get you a deal on a used one since my friend doesn't sell used ones. But I'm a good guy and so is he so you don't have to worry about getting ripped off or buying a used bike that is in bad shape or anything like that. I know there's people out there that will do that shit, though. So if you're buying from someone else make sure you have someone with you that knows about bikes so he can check it out and make sure it's in good condition.

But since it's your first bike I doubt you will want a new one. You will dump it sooner or later. Notice I said WILL and not if.

There's a few bikes that will be a good starter bike.

Suzuki SV650 - Read any article about this bike and you’ll notice that people love it. It’s cheap, has little or no body work to break. Handles great. (you could keep learning on this thing for the rest of your life) They've been out a couple years so there are some good used ones around. People race these things every weekend. They are NOT slow.

Yamaha FZR600 - This may actually be a little towards the sporty end of things (not real comfortable) but cheap and reliable. Was the king of the 600s in 92. Parts and such are fairly cheap for this bike.

Suzuki Katana - More comfy and less sporty but plenty of motor for a beginner.

Kawasaki EX500 - Nice starter for you smaller people. (low seat height) Again lots of cheap used ones around. Handles quite well.

Suzuki Bandit 600 - Little body work to mess up. Upright riding position gives beginners more control. Quite comfortable for longer trips.

Yamaha YZF 600 - This is a great do all sportbike that can hang with the big boys. Kind of heavy for smaller folks. Great ergos for taller riders. Nice seat for two up riding (after you have gotten some miles in.) Used ones are around, but those bikes are hard to part from their owners.

If you want pictures of them then just go to www.google.com and type the name in, then click images

If you want to look for some bikes for sale then go here www.cycletrader.com

Last edited by Kastro; 07-19-2004 at 06:06 PM.
Old 07-19-2004, 06:29 PM
FlimFlam
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

you'll kill yourself.

good luck.
Old 07-19-2004, 11:31 PM
BadBeck
DILLIGAF?

Originally Posted by FlodaSE-R
you'll kill yourself.

good luck.

sorry kev but i'm not ever gonna die. and if i am, what better way to go than witha full adrenaline rush....i'm not sure why theres's this general consensus that i'm gonna go 200 mph and hit a pothole and die. i just think they look fun and really would like to try it out.

btw those of you who have provided info-HUUUUUUUUUGE thanks that is awesome and i will def spend the next few days doing some looking.
Old 07-20-2004, 02:20 AM
TrueBlueGTStang
all show ~ no go

TrueBlueGTStang is an unknown quantity at this point

if you take the road test at DMV have fun it's not easy taking a 650CC motorcycle thats over 500lbs plls the driver on a road test that was made for a 250cc motorcycle i know i took my 2001 Yamaha Vstart on that road test and failed the first time not easy at all passed 2 weeks later on the same motorcycle

have fun and don't kill your self
Old 07-20-2004, 08:31 PM
FlimFlam
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

Originally Posted by BadBeck
sorry kev but i'm not ever gonna die.
Wana make a wager on this?
Old 07-21-2004, 03:59 AM
Woodrow
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow

That's way you take the Motorcycle Safety Foundations beginner course. It teaches the rider to be much better and gets away from bad habits that I still see when behind other riders. If I am correct, their road course suffices for VA's road course. Plus they use 250cc bikes anyways. Good course, glad I took one back in 96.
Old 07-21-2004, 01:57 PM
BadBeck
DILLIGAF?

htanks phil i appreciate it. and whats this bike you know of for sale? What color?
Old 07-21-2004, 04:28 PM
ONECAM

ONECAM has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Woodrow
That's way you take the Motorcycle Safety Foundations beginner course.
How do you get into that program, i really want a bike, i didnt plan on getting one untill next summer, but maybe. once you take that, what else do you have to do to get your motorcycle license? Does how many tickets you have affect wheater or not you can get it? And once you get it does it have to be renewed or anything? Sorry for all the questions

Quick Reply: i really want a bike.