Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

H22 Boost

Old 08-16-2004, 09:11 PM
themacuser.org
i got 5 on it

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts
Default Re: H22 Boost

.. get a bigger turbo. That's a tiny little bastard for what I'm sure you're hoping to get.

Last edited by themacuser.org; 08-16-2004 at 09:21 PM.
Old 08-16-2004, 09:42 PM
gen4H22A
BOXIN YOU

gen4H22A is an unknown quantity at this point

hmm something to think about
Old 08-16-2004, 09:45 PM
themacuser.org
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

Well I'm no Honda kid, but I'm just guessing that your engine makes 200hp. I'm also guessing you WANT 275-300. That would be almost out of the T3's operational range, and you'd be running upwards of 15psi. Something to think about. You need a bigger turbo.
Old 08-17-2004, 06:06 AM
WillsH22Accord
l

WillsH22Accord is an unknown quantity at this point

well the suggested psi to run on the t3/04 turbo is like 7 MAX. so i guess youd have to figure it out from there
Old 08-17-2004, 09:15 AM
gen4H22A
BOXIN YOU

well the max boost that i plan to run is like 8-9 psi....anything more will require a rebuild
Old 08-17-2004, 09:27 AM
DA-BEAST
Function>Form

DA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these partsDA-BEAST is infamous around these parts

In your situation I would just get a thicker headgasket to drop the compression a bit...It's a pretty easy mod thats not too expensive and a little added insurance. I would also go with a bigger turbo t3/t4 or maybe even a t4. You could probably safely run 7-10 psi if you don't beat up on it. Then when you upgrade fuel,tune, etc.. it should make a nice amount of power.

Last edited by DA-BEAST; 08-17-2004 at 09:29 AM.
Old 08-17-2004, 09:34 AM
PoS hYbRiD
Old School Beast

PoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these partsPoS hYbRiD is infamous around these parts

deff need a t4 on the duece duece ...
Old 08-17-2004, 06:04 PM
WillsH22Accord
l

WillsH22Accord is an unknown quantity at this point

i agree with the head gasket, but if you dont wanna do that and you want to keep the turbo you have, i wouldnt go over 10. and i would run pretty low daily
Old 08-17-2004, 06:35 PM
themacuser.org
i got 5 on it

Originally Posted by gen4H22A
well the max boost that i plan to run is like 8-9 psi....anything more will require a rebuild
That depends on the turbo. 8-9 psi on a t3 and you might not even be making as much power as the engine does without the turbo. It may be a restriction. Get a t3/t04e 50trim, 48 hot, 63 cold. You'll like it.

.. you DO know how to read a compressor map, right?
Old 08-17-2004, 08:22 PM
gen4H22A
BOXIN YOU

thank you all for the help, especially about the turbo sizing....but the compression lowering headgasket is not going to help me any....if i boost too much, my ringlands will fry, and the headgasket doesnt protect against that....

Quick Reply: H22 Boost