Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

fight it or pay it?

Old 08-28-2004, 08:50 AM
1fstlaser
autodemics

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1fstlaser is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: fight it or pay it?

dont fight in virginia beach you will never win esp. in an import
Old 08-28-2004, 10:33 AM
Riceatingfox
Very nice, How much?

Riceatingfox has disabled reputation

Just pay it off * im glad i'm first to think of that* LMAO
Old 08-28-2004, 10:46 AM
AliMac
Registered Member

AliMac is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by 1fstlaser
dont fight in virginia beach you will never win esp. in an import
He should pay it off in his case I'd say. But your statement just isn't true, sorry.
Old 08-28-2004, 11:10 AM
bml94gxe
Having 757 Withdrawl

bml94gxe has disabled reputation

due to over whelming pay it i have decided to pay it, wonder how many points that is, anybody kno?
Old 08-28-2004, 12:56 PM
LiveDakota
Registered Member

LiveDakota is an unknown quantity at this point

4 points and remains on your driving record for 5 years.

Information from V-DMV

Thomas C.
Old 08-28-2004, 01:07 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

being your first offense i would goto court. how old are you? most likely you will be put on driving probation, whereas you will have a 6-12 month period where you have to go without getting anymore traffic violations. if you can manage to do so, they drop the ticket, but if you get another ticket within that time, you are guaranteed to have to pay it, and return to court, which means court costs also. if you think you can go for 6-12 months without a ticket, then fight it, if you think youll end up with another ticket here soon, just pay it, and save on court costs.

i hope you didnt already prepay just because of what people said in here. in most cases it is the better alternative to just prepay, however in this case i dont believe it is. hope i provided some info that will help you make a decision. btw, if you are under 18, i believe the probation period is 6 months, if you are over 18 youll have more of a chance of it being dropped, but due to where it was at thats doubtful. and i think the probation period for over 18 is 12 months.
Old 08-28-2004, 01:37 PM
vbgsx
Try searching!

vbgsx has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by NoReverse
being your first offense i would goto court. how old are you? most likely you will be put on driving probation, whereas you will have a 6-12 month period where you have to go without getting anymore traffic violations. if you can manage to do so, they drop the ticket, but if you get another ticket within that time, you are guaranteed to have to pay it, and return to court, which means court costs also. if you think you can go for 6-12 months without a ticket, then fight it, if you think youll end up with another ticket here soon, just pay it, and save on court costs.

i hope you didnt already prepay just because of what people said in here. in most cases it is the better alternative to just prepay, however in this case i dont believe it is. hope i provided some info that will help you make a decision. btw, if you are under 18, i believe the probation period is 6 months, if you are over 18 youll have more of a chance of it being dropped, but due to where it was at thats doubtful. and i think the probation period for over 18 is 12 months.
I have to agree somewhat with this.
If you've never received a ticket before, you should definitely go to court.
You should also inform the Judge that you've never had a ticket before.
1st offence will usually get you back to Driving school, court costs and 6 months good behavior. If you don't receive any tickets in those 6 months and go to driving school, they drop the charge. If you get a second ticket, you will pay for both.
Old 08-28-2004, 01:49 PM
TPJ
sumospeedDOTcom

TPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the roughTPJ is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by vbgsx
I have to agree somewhat with this.
If you've never received a ticket before, you should definitely go to court.
You should also inform the Judge that you've never had a ticket before.
1st offence will usually get you back to Driving school, court costs and 6 months good behavior. If you don't receive any tickets in those 6 months and go to driving school, they drop the charge. If you get a second ticket, you will pay for both.

Haha, read this guys post, its what I just said in a nutshell.
Old 08-28-2004, 01:57 PM
LiveDakota
Registered Member

LiveDakota is an unknown quantity at this point

If he is 18 or younger i would only go to court if this is his first offense. Most judges like to see a couple of years good driving to give out probation. The few times i've been to the court in york county the judge there likes something like 10 years before he considers probation, but that just depends on the judge. Also taking the Virginia Drivers Safety Program before your court date will help immensly. You can do either a full 8 hour class on saturday or two 4 hours on a tuesday and thursday. Its cake and really does help.

Also if you go, dress nice and be very respectful. Judges hate nothing more than people coming in looks like slobs and being disrespectful to them or anyone else working for the courts.

Thomas C.
Old 08-28-2004, 04:01 PM
lookatmy6
Registered Member

lookatmy6 is an unknown quantity at this point

its also if you get a moving violation. if you get an improper eq. ticket (for example) it wont affect the good behavior clause. only a moving violation (ie speeding) will cause this ticket to go into effect. go to court, go to class, calm down for a while and you'll be fine.

Quick Reply: fight it or pay it?