Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Red Supra w/ black stripes?

Old 10-01-2004 | 10:13 AM
tonio116
Registered Member

tonio116 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Red Supra w/ black stripes?

Originally Posted by El Cid
Hey! Yea, I was in my beater. Are you going to repaint it? I like the stripes. Nice choice on wheels too. I've always like 7 spokes and you are right about chrome. Too much maintenance and too heavy. I road race and autocross, so chromies would have to be an "extra" set and I don't have that kind of $$ laying around. Polished or painted is the way to go.

Kevin
yeah I will be removing the stripes in the near future. what type of mods do u have on the car, bpu yet? what boost level,

Merf, sorry to hear to had to get rid of the car, Ive just seen your new one in one of the older threads, clean looking car,
Old 10-01-2004 | 10:36 AM
El Cid
---->>>|<<<----

El Cid is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tonio116
yeah I will be removing the stripes in the near future. what type of mods do u have on the car, bpu yet? what boost level,

Merf, sorry to hear to had to get rid of the car, Ive just seen your new one in one of the older threads, clean looking car,
Nah, my car is mostly stock right now. I did the cold air box (Max Air), strut tower brace and my favorite mod -- Tein HA coilovers. Let me lower the car to a decent height and have 16 levels of adjustable dampening. Since I autoX and road race, they were money well spent. I also just had a new clutch installed (HPF bronze unsprung, RPS pp, new OEM flywheel), so I'm still getting used to it. Should have seen me the first couple hundred miles... looked like I was learning how to drive a stick for the first time. Pedal travel is about half what it was and it's still very grabby. It's supposed to hold up to 800whp though, so I shouldn't have to upgrade it again.

You gonna go with a custom color? I love the Beryllium that Saleen uses on some of his cars, but it looks similar to the Mazdaspeed color so... :shrug:
Old 10-01-2004 | 10:54 AM
MerF
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

Originally Posted by tonio116
Thanks...I know you're just being nice. going from MKIV Poopra to 3rd gen Maro is quite a leap...
Old 10-01-2004 | 02:24 PM
JS4KIKZ
Registered Member

JS4KIKZ is an unknown quantity at this point

DAMN YOU, YOU STOLE MY RIMS!!

I have the same exact rims sitting inside my house ready to go on. I've had them for almost a year. Time to get off my arse!
Old 10-02-2004 | 04:53 PM
tonio116
Registered Member

tonio116 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JS4KIKZ
DAMN YOU, YOU STOLE MY RIMS!!

I have the same exact rims sitting inside my house ready to go on. I've had them for almost a year. Time to get off my arse!
hehe beat u to it, will have it on sometime next week as soon as I find a decent place that wont scratch the rims.to be fair, how about I promise I wont paint the car white.
when is that beast going to be ready lenny. I am sure there is a waiting list for people that want a ride once it's ready. fuel system all taken care of?
Old 10-02-2004 | 05:56 PM
JS4KIKZ
Registered Member

JS4KIKZ is an unknown quantity at this point

I sent the T78 out to get rebuilt. This week I'll replace my valve stem seals and change out the bump sticks