Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Creeds Airstrip: Track Planning

Old 04-18-2005, 02:15 PM
To0C0oL
squad up!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud of
Default Re: Creeds Airstrip: Track Planning

quick question.. on this "road course", will there be a "drag strip" built into it?

i'm out of work for at least a week.. i'll grab a phone book tgmmorrow when i get bored and make some phone calls
Old 04-18-2005, 02:17 PM
sumospeed.com
Blang Blang

sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com

Originally Posted by spic
Umm.. this is never going to happen.

Please stop wasting everyone's time by making threads about it and getting the n00b's hopes up.

Thanks.
ur entitled to ur opinion but shut dont post in the thread if u dont support it
Old 04-18-2005, 02:24 PM
To0C0oL
squad up!!!

To0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud of

for the concrete, we could talk to
http://www.dragva.com/forums/showthr...ight=driveways

might be too bigt for him, but he could probally help us.. a PM has been sent
Old 04-18-2005, 02:25 PM
sumospeed.com
Blang Blang

sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com sumospeed.com

got a response from the scca and they said once a proper business plan was worked out and sent to them they would look at it and consider financial backing and wavy just replied that they would have the assignment people look at the information
Old 04-18-2005, 02:25 PM
sumospeed.com
Blang Blang

Originally Posted by To0C0oL
for the concrete, we could talk to
http://www.dragva.com/forums/showthr...ight=driveways

might be too bigt for him, but he could probally help us.. a PM has been sent
wow i think he might shat himself when he sees this one lol
Old 04-18-2005, 02:32 PM
roadrcr82
Registered Member

roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82 roadrcr82

i take it you have no idea how much it would cost to pave that do you? a mile of highway costs over 100,000 so even at that price your lookin at a quarter million just for the paving
Old 04-18-2005, 02:47 PM
sumospeed.com
Blang Blang

this is y we really need sponsership.insurance will also be a must.yes we can have waivers signed at the door but minors cannot be held legally to a contract and i can assure you a good number of the racers will be minors.i will look into some local tracks and see who and where they get their insurance and try to get some prices on what it will be.oh a little off topic but a good benifit that can be used if talking to the city is if the grounds r used now for police training as i believe they are or once were a road course could benefit 757 police dept.by having a local road course for driving classes considereing the majority of the racing will be done on the weekends.we did find the OFFICIAL owners of the land correct?
Old 04-18-2005, 02:48 PM
DeepFreeze
Registered Member

DeepFreeze is an unknown quantity at this point

road- i dont expect to not have to pay. the point is- eventually. and being we live in a southern like area- even if it is $300,000 for paving. plus construction costs and some elbow grease. it can be done. $300K aint a lot for something that will be used from march-november. possibly longer.

My design does include a drag strip in the from straight area. Any architects on Drag?

im no architect. but i know practicallity in track design.
if funding is proper. we will have dual strips. one only for road course racing. the other strictly for Drag Racing.

so estimate $325K for pavement alone.
Old 04-18-2005, 02:49 PM
DeepFreeze
Registered Member

DeepFreeze is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by drive
this is y we really need sponsership.insurance will also be a must.yes we can have waivers signed at the door but minors cannot be held legally to a contract and i can assure you a good number of the racers will be minors.i will look into some local tracks and see who and where they get their insurance and try to get some prices on what it will be.oh a little off topic but a good benifit that can be used if talking to the city is if the grounds r used now for police training as i believe they are or once were a road course could benefit 757 police dept.by having a local road course for driving classes considereing the majority of the racing will be done on the weekends.we did find the OFFICIAL owners of the land correct?
correct.
editing of main post coming in a minute.
As for minors racing? I am against anyone under 18. too many liability issues.
Old 04-18-2005, 02:52 PM
sumospeed.com
Blang Blang

this is true.do you know if dinwhiddie has a above 18 rule?

Quick Reply: Creeds Airstrip: Track Planning