Notices
Central VA The Richmond and surrounding areas forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Never F*cking Taking My Car To Sheehy Again For Anything!

Old 04-23-2005 | 03:55 AM
Woodrow
Slow as Shit

Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow Woodrow
Default Re: Never F*cking Taking My Car To Sheehy Again For Anything!

Originally Posted by EFI 4-EYE
Have you ever set your alignment or watched an alignment being done? It's not "typically" done under the car only, to make camber and caster adjustments it's done at the top of the strut. All you can do under the car is adjust toe-in
Yup.
You wont believe what this fucktard told me, I need to do. He told me I have to cut the strut tower w/ a plasma cutter and re-weld it into a different position
Also keep in mind thats what is done on some vehicles that have excessive or not enough camber on stock systems. The tech you had on that team may not have had the experience. Like Richard said look for those with performance cars, they normally have the experience and ask for him. I have a tech with a low 11 second 84 GT and he is also booked alot.

I have heard good things about Ellis and lowered cars.

Last edited by Woodrow; 04-23-2005 at 04:25 AM.
Old 04-23-2005 | 06:49 AM
CrUsHn EM
CEO

CrUsHn EM is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chapter8
your problem is going to a dealer man. Just take it to minsz off research rd
Jaaysuuun fuck u in the ass will hook you up
mince tire sux ass... be prepared to bend over the counter when u go.. theres this mexican looking bastard up front thats a fucktard.. he dont know a fukn thing.. monkeys could do better work.. theyve messed up more shit there than anyplace i know.. shut them down!!!!
Old 04-23-2005 | 07:50 AM
wheelman
life is good boosted

wheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to allwheelman is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Not Stock
You took a car with aftermarket parts used to align the car and were surprised that a mechanic trained on factory equipment did not know how to adjust it using the aftermarket parts located under the hood when a typical alignment is done only under the car. You then called a shop that routinely handles cars with aftermarket suspensions and was then told that it was not a problem. Right? Coupons don't always save money.

In a dealership, it will always be hit or miss with getting a knowlegeable mechanic. You may have just gotten a mechanic who is inexperienced. If you see a car in the employee parking lot with lots of aftermarket equipment and sidework done, ask around to see who's car it is, request that person, and be willing to wait for his availability. Think of it like a haircut place. Not much skill required for the basics, but the good ones know what they are doing and work based on appointments. My youngest brother works at a dealership and has enough work by appointments and requests that he is no longer assigned walk-ins.

That's good advice right there.
Old 04-23-2005 | 09:17 AM
reneponac
Registered Member

reneponac will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ThroatyStang
So I have to bring the car back because they fucked w/ the power window connections, to get more money.
Shhhhh the aliens are monitoring your every move with that chip they implanted in your head and the IRS has cameras in your bedroom.
Old 04-23-2005 | 09:57 AM
Brian T
Kicking Ass

Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T Brian T

Originally Posted by reneponac
Shhhhh the aliens are monitoring your every move with that chip they implanted in your head and the IRS has cameras in your bedroom.
Haha, it does sound a bit like paranoia, hum?
Old 04-23-2005 | 10:09 AM
ThroatyStang
TERMIN8

ThroatyStang has disabled reputation

Not parnoia at all they are just retarted. Plus the asshat told me my wheels are tucked. AAHAHAHAHAHA I dont drive a Mexican mobile.
Old 04-23-2005 | 03:16 PM
Up_on1
Murdered Out

Up_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to allUp_on1 is a name known to all

Lee, should have taken it to Sheehy in Ashland(could have hooked you up with one of my buddies in the shop) or Mincz Tire in richmond, got family that works there too.

should have called me good buddy
Old 04-23-2005 | 10:25 PM
Turbo Talon
No Turbo & No Talon

Turbo Talon has disabled reputation

IF you think your situation is bad try taking your modded DSM to a mitsu dealership for an OIL CHANGE!!!

Your car will never be right and they will swerar up and down it was like that when it came in.
Old 04-24-2005 | 06:24 PM
HatefulMechanic
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

Originally Posted by ThroatyStang
First there are no probelms w/ my windows at all. Second any fucking retard should know how to adjust camber. I made it so easy for that mofo to do it it was crazy. Im just a 19 year old kid and I know how to do this shit.
if you know so much about it.......why didnt you do it?

you dont have to have an alignment machine to do an alignment. it helps, but its not needed.

you sound like a typical car enthusiast. anyone in the business knows what i mean by that
Old 04-24-2005 | 07:00 PM
HighPSI TSi Guy
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fc735

you sound like a typical car enthusiast. anyone in the business knows what i mean by that

haha... yeah when i worked in a shop we had lots of "enthusiasts" coming in insisting one thing was their problem, and that we do a specific job, then had trouble believing what the REAL problem was when we found it.. those were always fun conversations

Quick Reply: Never F*cking Taking My Car To Sheehy Again For Anything!