Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

I know there aren't many audi fans on here but I just bought a '00 S4

Old 11-23-2008, 01:30 PM
audiS4_apr
'08 135i & '00 S4

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
audiS4_apr is on a distinguished road
Default Re: I know there aren't many audi fans on here but I just bought a '00 S4

Originally Posted by JROW
Nice, my buddy has a silver 01, fun little cars although they are a bitch to maintain/repair.

Congrats.
I'll agree. If I didn't plan on doing everything myself I couldn't afford to own an older one like this.

Here's the rear bumper that supposedly was made using 3 different bumpers. I pray I don't get rear ended.

With the wider fenders.. it has 19x10 OZ wheels and 265/30-19 tires all around. The largest tire with stock fenders is typically 235's.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:10 PM
gramsilightz99
Registered Member

gramsilightz99 has disabled reputation
Default Re: I know there aren't many audi fans on here but I just bought a '00 S4

These cars are money pits, I give you no props. Everyone likes different stuff though.
Old 11-23-2008, 02:23 PM
Pingar
Registered Member

Pingar Pingar Pingar Pingar Pingar

looks good. ive always been a fan of these.
Old 11-23-2008, 03:24 PM
audiS4_apr
'08 135i & '00 S4

Originally Posted by gramsilightz99
These cars are money pits, I give you no props. Everyone likes different stuff though.
Yes, they do cost more than other cars (such as hondas) to maintain but it's worth it to me. Anything turbo will be more maintenance hassles.. twin turbo just adds to that. I already did engine pulls and most common fixes on my last S4 so fixing this one will be easy. My last full weight S4 did 12.1@119.5mph at dinwiddie. Not record breaking but fun.

Actually, I'm seriously considering yanking the engine in the next year or two to install forged rods and replace the borg warner K04's with garrett gt ball bearing turbos. I'll need to find a local engine shop I can trust with the audi block, etc.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:22 PM
dave22
throwbAcura

dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22

I'm not a fan of the RS4 look an a sedan. And I've always hated the RS4 front bumper. But I bet you got that car for WAY less than it costs to build.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:40 AM
†Specter†
squeegee my fiji

†Specter† †Specter† †Specter†

the imola yellow has always been a fav colour of mine
Old 11-24-2008, 07:51 AM
Uzi Crooklyn
This.isEntertainment

Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn Uzi Crooklyn

a few things negative to say. the RS4 fenders just look off on your car, the mirrors have to go. i've never been a fan of OZ ultraleggeras either, and the car needs to be LOWER!!!!

other than that, i believe you have the RS4 Caractare rear molded, wich looks amazing IMO
Old 11-24-2008, 09:15 AM
audiS4_apr
'08 135i & '00 S4

Originally Posted by Jus_dubin
a few things negative to say. the RS4 fenders just look off on your car, the mirrors have to go. i've never been a fan of OZ ultraleggeras either, and the car needs to be LOWER!!!!

other than that, i believe you have the RS4 Caractare rear molded, wich looks amazing IMO
The reason the car isn't any lower is the upper/front arms aren't adjustable and the camber goes too negative as you lower it. The car has bilstein pss9 adjustable coil over suspension so all I need is the purems adjustable arms and it will be lowered slightly. THen I can lower it and have racewerks do a full alignment.

Here's the adjustable arms.
http://www.purems.com/products/product.php/II=2681

Oh, the side mirrors and smoked tail light will be replaced with stock asap, along with the illegal window tint.

The OZ's aren't my favorite wheel either but they don't look too bad and at least they're forged. They're around $1k/ea in this size. I can use that kind of money on other things for now. I'm very hesitant to buy expensive new wheels after scuffing 3 of 4 new bbs LMs on my last s4. I can drive it with these wheels and not worry about it.
Old 11-28-2008, 01:50 PM
audiS4_apr
'08 135i & '00 S4

Originally Posted by cleanEK
Normally I'm not a fan of yellow, but I like this alot.
I'm also not usually a fan of yellow because it draws too much attention. The more I looked at the listing the more I wanted it. I figure I'm not driving it to work every day so the color shouldn't be as much of a problem.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:53 PM
Jarrod
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

I like it. Alot.

Quick Reply: I know there aren't many audi fans on here but I just bought a '00 S4