Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

what I have notice...............................

Old 06-06-2004, 04:02 PM
In the Works
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the Works has disabled reputation
Default Re: what I have notice...............................

AaHHHHHH i see said the blind man
Old 06-06-2004, 07:05 PM
Mr.6
Chillaxin

Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6 Mr.6

Originally Posted by CBR600F4
Dude; you've got the wrong idea here.

Don't get pissed at me 'cause I'm giving the advice that I happen to think is correct. If you wanna tell someone to ride butt naked with their hair on fire down the freeway doing 150mph as their first ride ever on a bike than that's up to you.

But that's not what you said. You said (something to the effect of) don't get anything smaller than a 600 (non katana) or you will get bored with it after a while.

You're absolutely correct in that statement. But that doesn't negate the fact that a newbie shouldn't be starting off on a brand new R6. If that's what YOU did then that's all well and good, but don't go reccomending it to others or you'll get called on it.

This isn't a car here we're talking about. No seat belts, no air bags. Just you, a motor and two wheels with nothing but air and opportunity for cars to ruin your day.

And hell, when you have kids are gonna give your son a freakin' VIPER on his 16th birthday?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? You think he can handle it? Or maybe, just MAYBE you'll have him start driving something a little more tame.

I've been riding since 92 on the street. No offroad time for me. And I'm giving the advice I feel is correct.

Don't take it out on me.
First off, im not pissed. There isnt anything anyone could do on the internet that would get me pissed off, unless they were posting up pictures of mwah that i dont approve of

Second, i didnt buy a brand new R6, nor did i recommend anyone do it, i simply said get AN R6. Furthermore, i realize that bike isnt meant for everyone or any 600 isnt meant for everyone.

All that being said, let me remind you all about what experience actually is. It has nothing to do with time perse', but more with experiences. A person who has been riding for 5 seasons can have less experiences that would make them "experienced" than a person who has been riding for 1 season and has survived a lot of shit. Its not different than someone who is 16 having experienced more in life than someone 20 years older than them. What im getting at here is that you cant simply shit on someones opinion and say yours is better just because you have been riding longer, because someone who has been riding longer than you will turn around and say the opposite of what your saying.

With regards to thread in which this one has been started, that person clearly stated that they had been on dirt bikes before, so in comparison to the point you brought up about the viper, he has been riding on "base model civics" (125) and now he can jump to a "stock supra tt" (600) which is still below a viper (1000).
Old 06-06-2004, 07:12 PM
CBR600F4
Va Beach Coast Rider

CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4

Originally Posted by Mr.6
All that being said, let me remind you all about what experience actually is. It has nothing to do with time perse', but more with experiences. A person who has been riding for 5 seasons can have less experiences that would make them "experienced" than a person who has been riding for 1 season and has survived a lot of shit. Its not different than someone who is 16 having experienced more in life than someone 20 years older than them. What im getting at here is that you cant simply shit on someones opinion and say yours is better just because you have been riding longer, because someone who has been riding longer than you will turn around and say the opposite of what your saying.
I'll meet you on the road or street anytime......................

Experience does come with time; one season of a bunch of shit or not.

And I never said my opinion was better; that's WHY they're opinions. . . . .
Old 06-07-2004, 08:09 AM
2001gtP1SC

2001gtP1SC is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jesus
Everyone should sell there bikes and get a BUSA!!!

Not a bad idea Jesus...

TO THE REST...
Other than that, this shit is getting real old. Give your advice, input, whatever you gotta say, then let him/her/them/it/ whatever, either take it or not. There is no sense in constantly arguing about wether you are right or wrong, its a waste of webspace. BTW, are their any PRO riders on here? Who's makin the big bucks by ridin, thats who i wanna listen too...
Old 06-07-2004, 08:41 AM
Jesus
Patron

Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus Jesus

Originally Posted by 2001gtP1SC
Not a bad idea Jesus...

TO THE REST...
Other than that, this shit is getting real old. Give your advice, input, whatever you gotta say, then let him/her/them/it/ whatever, either take it or not. There is no sense in constantly arguing about wether you are right or wrong, its a waste of webspace. BTW, are their any PRO riders on here? Who's makin the big bucks by ridin, thats who i wanna listen too...

well to end it all I am going to post this website all the fucking time http://www.beginnerbikes.com/ nuf said
Old 06-07-2004, 09:53 AM
2001gtP1SC

2001gtP1SC is an unknown quantity at this point

nice link. Plenty of options there.
Old 06-07-2004, 05:30 PM
93foxbody
You name it I got it

93foxbody is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: what I have notice...............................

Originally Posted by 2001gtP1SC
Not a bad idea Jesus...

TO THE REST...

Busas suck, straight line rocket. Most good riders could post better times with some high reving 600, on a road course.

Now the 04 Honda CBR 1000RR thats going to be in my garage in 8 days, now thats a Real bike! LOL. Just kidding... ( but not about the part about it being in my garage in 8 days.. )
Old 06-07-2004, 05:35 PM
CBR600F4
Va Beach Coast Rider

CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4 CBR600F4

Originally Posted by 93foxbody
Busas suck, straight line rocket. Most good riders could post better times with some high reving 600, on a road course.

Now the 04 Honda CBR 1000RR thats going to be in my garage in 8 days, now thats a Real bike! LOL. Just kidding... ( but not about the part about it being in my garage in 8 days.. )
I used to say that as well............"I'll take any Busa in the twisties with my 600"...................till I found a guy that could actually ride one.
Old 06-07-2004, 07:28 PM
Del La Sol 1320
Registered Member

Del La Sol 1320 has disabled reputation

i ride an ok pace on the street, don't really feel its worth it to push it too hard w/ all the hazards out there... but i was really cookin around this one turn, or atleast i thought i was when a busa comes zooming around me on the outside, usually i would be a little pissed about riding that close on the street, but it was just so damn cool i had to give it to him
Old 06-07-2004, 07:34 PM
CBR600F4
Va Beach Coast Rider

sweet!

Quick Reply: what I have notice...............................