Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

body/paint shop

Old 06-13-2005, 04:17 PM
Rosco The Iroc
-RepLegion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc
Exclamation Re: body/paint shop

Originally Posted by mnchvgs79
You dream of ever getting your car done unless it's a simple body kit!
AVOID !!

9 months of excuses before I had enf and pulled it out of there.
Sure if you can wait forever they do good paint, just don't hold them to a deadline.

Last edited by Rosco The Iroc; 06-13-2005 at 04:19 PM.
Old 06-13-2005, 09:09 PM
gilligan
Registered Member

gilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these parts
Default Re: body/paint shop

Originally Posted by Rosco The Iroc
You dream of ever getting your car done unless it's a simple body kit!
AVOID !!

9 months of excuses before I had enf and pulled it out of there.
Sure if you can wait forever they do good paint, just don't hold them to a deadline.
that car was alot more work than anticipated,yes it took a long time.you also failed to mention that the car was ready for final wet sand and paint when you pulled it out.and lets not forget about the lemon you traded me the car would have been done by now and looked dam good.hope the other guys get the flakes right.
Old 06-14-2005, 01:26 AM
Rosco The Iroc
-RepLegion

Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc Rosco The Iroc

A lot more work would of been the right idea.
How long did it sit like this?

Dec-Feb?
Ready for final hell the back weld I bitched about for over a month STILL was not cleaned up and sealed. Been done by now- HA you said that last NOV! Dude your a great painter but sux @ running a shop. Your own guys agreed with me about how long it was taking.
It stunned me to have real progress done on it in under a week, yea he's got it right-

'94 got 100 and what? hell the extra 600-800 for the "prep" that was part of the deal, You still did ok. I'm out the 3-5K to be able to see it done this month.
So whos car is the lunch table now?
Old 06-14-2005, 04:45 AM
NIC668
Registered Member

NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668 NIC668

I have never seen a car sit at the shop for a long period of time unless there was a problem getting parts for there was some ungodly ammount of work to do to it.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:14 AM
Rosco The Iroc
-RepLegion

Originally Posted by STK CRX
I have never seen a car sit at the shop for a long period of time unless there was a problem getting parts for there was some ungodly ammount of work to do to it.
My point exactly...
BEFORE:

I had all parts ahead of time. INC a whole rolling chassis to cut the 1/4 out of so he could cut it his way rather than deal with a junk yard cut. That part did not turn out too bad.

Again, they will do a good job, Don't try to hold him to a deadline he sets I was told 3 times over 2 months "next week I'll cut in your jams" I got it done the next week AFTER I pulled it. I saw plenty of OTHER cars get done and look good. I'm sure if I could of waited for a few more months it would of been a great paint job.
Old 06-14-2005, 08:40 AM
Crazy Russian
Azerbajan, Baku

Crazy Russian is an unknown quantity at this point

I called MAACO...they are Fucking Idiots....dont know what the fuck i am talking about.. No one there can do a good job.
Old 06-14-2005, 09:00 AM
Not_Blazin
Registered Member

Not_Blazin is an unknown quantity at this point

Dreamworks.
Old 06-15-2005, 12:29 AM
gilligan
Registered Member

gilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these partsgilligan is infamous around these parts

My point exactly...
BEFORE:

I had all parts ahead of time. INC a whole rolling chassis to cut the 1/4 out of so he could cut it his way rather than deal with a junk yard cut. That part did not turn out too bad.

Again, they will do a good job, Don't try to hold him to a deadline he sets I was told 3 times over 2 months "next week I'll cut in your jams" I got it done the next week AFTER I pulled it. I saw plenty of OTHER cars get done and look good. I'm sure if I could of waited for a few more months it would of been a great paint job.
the car was ready for cut in when you took it out?jambs had already been sanded and finalwashed once?i saw the car today and i know for a fact that the hatch jamb was not painted.sideskirts and wing were painted,which had also been final sanded(ready for paint).as for the welds in the back,that was simply an hour of grinding and triming/brush on seam sealer=done.as for the flakes,that looks like white or silver ice pearl to me.no watersanding/reclearing needed for that.you basicly handed these people a gravy ass job that was 90%done,we basically did a full restoration on that dam car.the only thing i messed up on is promising it to you to quick,that you got me on.i also did not see the marble racing stripes?
Old 06-15-2005, 03:13 AM
Brock Obama
Srsly.

Brock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these partsBrock Obama is infamous around these parts

nice tires
Old 06-15-2005, 08:43 AM
Rosco The Iroc
-RepLegion

Originally Posted by gilligan
the car was ready for cut in when you took it out?jambs had already been sanded and finalwashed once?i saw the car today and i know for a fact that the hatch jamb was not painted.i also did not see the marble racing stripes?
WHAT!! THIS JAM? The pic was takin on the same day as the wing pic. LAST FRI

True 95% of the prep was done and they said you did a good job, every shop does things a little diffenrt. So he did shoot the rest of the body? I was there @ 3 and he said he do it today. Good he said he was going to and did, how refreshing but so far he's done what he when said he do it! The windshield is in. The plan is POSSABLE finish this Fri but I think next week is more like it, Marble stripes are still going to get done. @ least he's not moving at the speed of VDOT.

Quick Reply: body/paint shop