Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

SRT-4's where to go for service?

Old 06-21-2005, 07:30 PM
litlespic
RS Doscientos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic
Default Re: SRT-4's where to go for service?

Reread my post idiot. I said boost does not effect wire life. I said he was lacking knowledge by complaining about a problem which takes maybe 10 minutes to fix, maybe less if your plugs are in the center/top of your valve cover easy accessable.

Dont tell me your the kid with the yellow srt that says Azndrgn.
Old 06-22-2005, 07:36 AM
blacksrt4guy
Banned

blacksrt4guy is an unknown quantity at this point

Old 06-22-2005, 07:40 AM
blacksrt4guy
Banned

Originally Posted by litlespic
Its because people like you dont understand and dont change shit when upping the boost.

Its not that boost hurts wires, its idiots like you, I could run 30psi on 2mm copper wires and single tip copper plugs with out a problem. But you people cant even run 12psi on plaitnum 4 tips with 10 mm silicon wires.
. boost CAN hurt your wire life because of the excess of heat that is generated. the stock wires do not hold up well to the heat on stock srt's. i do not believe that my problem came from an excess of heat, as it had only been a number of months since my last wires failed (when i was stock), but yes in a way boost does hurt wires, as it generates more heat.

Last edited by blacksrt4guy; 06-22-2005 at 09:13 AM.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:36 AM
litlespic
RS Doscientos

litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic

I must have been doing things backwards, I always had the wires going from the coil packs to the plugs.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:42 AM
To0C0oL
squad up!!!

To0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud ofTo0C0oL has much to be proud of

Not all mods void the warranty.. Thats why you ask how much/what you can mod that WONT void the warrany..
Old 06-22-2005, 09:17 AM
blacksrt4guy
Banned

Originally Posted by To0C0oL
Not all mods void the warranty.. Thats why you ask how much/what you can mod that WONT void the warrany..
the dealership cant actually void your warranty in virginia because of the magnum moss act. they have to state that the aftermarket part that was put on your car is what caused the problem in order to deny a claim. although this doesnt help much when dealerships b.s and try to say shit like my transmissions failing because i have a boost controller.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:01 PM
koreandragn
SuperNeon

koreandragn is an unknown quantity at this point

Actually, I drive a silver, but thanks. Next, it's been a known problem on srt's that upping your boost led to the boots on your wires getting partially melted open, and the stock champions are just straight garbage(they come in the 2.0 NA Dodge Neon engines originally). Next, any mod can partially void your warranty, but the part had to lead to the failure of whatever in your car broke(as per Mag. Moss act). So when you turn the boost up, don't be 100% confident Dodge will give you new plugs/wires, even though they usually do.

So to sum this up. Spic, none of the local srt guys know any yellow's around here that says 'AznDrgn' on it, maybe you have it confused with another car, or this guy just doesnt like the locals and we somehow never see him. 2nd, upping the boost on srt's has been the #1 culprit to boots going bad. 3rd, warranty work is up to the dealer/area rep almost always, good luck fighting it, because I doubt anyone here has the money to fight DCx.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:37 PM
shawn22
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

The reason for wire failures isnt the boost however, its the heat associated with the turbo working harder, that and there being no heat shield. I think that is what dan is trying to say, that the boost itself doesnt cause it, its what the increased boost causes that kills the wires. The heat weakens and cracks the rubber of the wires. The same way the wires are fucked on my formula, from excess heat in the engine bay being so close to the manifolds.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:43 PM
nofriends003

nofriends003 has much to be proud ofnofriends003 has much to be proud ofnofriends003 has much to be proud ofnofriends003 has much to be proud ofnofriends003 has much to be proud ofnofriends003 has much to be proud ofnofriends003 has much to be proud ofnofriends003 has much to be proud ofnofriends003 has much to be proud ofnofriends003 has much to be proud ofnofriends003 has much to be proud of

littlespic your gay. that is all
Old 06-22-2005, 04:02 PM
litlespic
RS Doscientos

Originally Posted by Shawn
The reason for wire failures isnt the boost however, its the heat associated with the turbo working harder, that and there being no heat shield. I think that is what dan is trying to say, that the boost itself doesnt cause it, its what the increased boost causes that kills the wires. The heat weakens and cracks the rubber of the wires. The same way the wires are fucked on my formula, from excess heat in the engine bay being so close to the manifolds.

Thank you.

Boost does not hurt plugs. Unless the champions are 4 tip platnums they are just fine. I will live and die with Autolite Coppers. THere is no reason why anything else is needed on boosted cars. Their internal combustion changes so rapidly day to day, why spend 15 bucks on good plugs when they are going to foul just as quickly as the 1 dollar copper ones?

Go buy your NGK iridium and 190 dollar spark plug wires, but dont complain that they didnt fix anything after a month of running excessive boost on a under sized turbo.

Shut the fuck up myles, your a pussy shit that couldnt even break 200hp on a modded srt. My ranger would run the dog shit out of your piece.

Quick Reply: SRT-4's where to go for service?