Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

professional firefighter looking for affordable housing..

Old 10-06-2011, 01:14 PM
Keepin it Klean
Clean Freak.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean
Default Re: professional firefighter looking for affordable housing..

Neither city really has a running list, they retest pretty much every time they want to start a new academy. I've been in Chesapeake for 4 years and I'm about to start the VB academy in about 2 weeks. Getting off that medic! haha I don't mind riding it, it's just nice that I won't have to ya know.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:17 PM
MORE IMPATIENT
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

I thought my buddy mentioned them doing away with the list a few years ago. A volunteer at my station just got hired to vb, starts the next academy coming up, and yea I feel you on the medic, our call volume isnt very high, its about even beetween fire and ems responses. Im going on 9 years and Im not burnt yet.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:24 PM
I<3Strippers!
+RepCarebearCrew

I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers! I<3Strippers!

Id work for the island if I was in the know, ya know?
Old 10-06-2011, 01:58 PM
c_murff
--------------

c_murff c_murff c_murff c_murff c_murff c_murff c_murff c_murff c_murff c_murff c_murff

Originally Posted by Keepin it Klean
Which department?
Chesapeake, if you could pm me and give me some info on the dept, what you like what you dont like etc, that would be awesome.

I was born and raised in Western Branch.

I work in dare county, NC. Small combination department with 9 paid staff (including chiefs). I've been down here for 3yrs and ready to get the fuck out of here since the end of my first year. We dont run shit, and nobody is open to young talented people down here, they assume you are trying to 'take over'.

To be honest, yes it blows, but i dont even care about riding the medic. We dont run medics here, just first responders. Atleast its something to do and knowledge to be gained.

Originally Posted by MORE IMPATIENT
I wonder how long some of those people have been on the list. My buddy josh who works for vb was on the list for 5 years before they called him. They gave him like a weeks notice or something like that, gotta drop everything and be ready to start pretty much immediately. Worth it though.
I have been in chesapeake's process since '07.

They had a hiring freeze for a little bit, but are now running an academy and shooting for my academy to start on Nov. 1st.

I was also in virginia beach's process for but I couldnt get off duty for the physical agility test, so i had to drop out of that. I made the random 400 list or watever, political bullshit, but i was picked.

Also got a call from norfolk fire rescue for interviews in early November, i went through this once but was number 36 and didnt make the academy, they said im cleared for that job aswell just have to redo the panel interview and i could have the job with them. I already signed a conditional job offer with chesapeake though.

Last edited by c_murff; 10-06-2011 at 02:03 PM.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:06 PM
c_murff
--------------

c_murff c_murff c_murff c_murff c_murff c_murff c_murff c_murff c_murff c_murff c_murff

The beach is getting ready to start an academy, half certified ff's and half non. Chesapeake is also currently running 2 academies and about to start the third here soon, but they are all based off of the same list.
A friend of mine is acting captain on Engine 8 in VB, he loves it.

+plus they get to wear leather lids. lol
Old 10-06-2011, 02:31 PM
c_murff
--------------

Originally Posted by jsophoto
don't take this as me being a smartass or anything. i don't know of anywhere specific, but this site really helped me when i was looking for housing in california.

padmapper.com
fucking +rep josh
Old 10-07-2011, 05:53 PM
c_murff
--------------

looking at a few apartments in the area next week
Old 10-07-2011, 05:57 PM
lolololol
registered derp

lolololol has disabled reputation

i looked at norfolks site today, they werent even taking applications.

i would love to get a gig back home. i figure 2014, i'll have a total 11 years of active duty, combat arms army service, obviously operating around extremely heavy machinery(tanks and other things that blow up stuff), i've done and seen some things that i have yet to see in the states that would even phase me, and honestly, i just desperately need a job field that i feel i will still be accomplishing something. and get that fuckin rush. i'm working my way through a Fire And Emergency Management degree which i must somehow finish in two years, which i hope would also boost me up.

fire just sounds like more fun than being a police officer.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:11 PM
Keepin it Klean
Clean Freak.

Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean Keepin it Klean

Originally Posted by c_murff
A friend of mine is acting captain on Engine 8 in VB, he loves it.

+plus they get to wear leather lids. lol
There is a list of approved leather helmets in Chesapeake once you get off probation.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:12 PM
lolololol
registered derp

lolololol has disabled reputation

There is a list of approved leather helmets in Chesapeake once you get off probation.
can i wear my full kit ACH??? lolol

Quick Reply: professional firefighter looking for affordable housing..