Notices
Vendor Reviews Post and read reviews for ANY business vendor, including dealerships, that you've dealt with, positive or negative. This is open to anybody and everybody, not restricted to Sponsors. If you're looking for a vendor/service try asking in one of the Regional Forums.

757 - New Image VA - Tinting

Old 05-05-2011, 07:35 PM
Qwiksillva
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva
Default Re: 757 - New Image VA - Tinting

Sorry to hear that, I would definitely reach out them still. There seems to be some communication issues within the company, whether intentional or not. I'm still struggling to actually get anyone on the phone to tell me when I can actually have someone fix it. The most progress I've made so far is getting a phone call the during the only time of the day I was unable to immediately answer my phone, then immediately returning the phone call and no one answering. Even if it does end up getting fixed, it kind of sucks I have to waste my gas and time (and part of my day off) to have an issue get fixed.

Here's some pics of what I'm dealing with, not nearly as bad as the post above me. Like I said in my previous post in this thread, it was overall a good job, just some bubbles in the rear.

Here's the whole car from one side:

Last edited by Qwiksillva; 05-05-2011 at 07:45 PM.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:52 AM
Qwiksillva
Registered Member

Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva

Dealing with these guys have been one big headache.

As I stated in my previous post, I've been trying to get back in touch with them to call me. It's been a real struggle because I still continued to get the "Lane will call you back today". It would never happen. Finally last Monday I called New Image again (as I was at this point either emailing or calling them almost on a daily basis Monday through Friday) and Rakel answers the phone. I ask to schedule something to have the rear windshield redone. She finally goes to schedule something over the phone rather than tell me Lane will call me to figure it out. She asked when I good time would be to have it done... so I said this Monday or Tuesday would be fine (05/16 or 05/17). She asked me when I'd like to come in, so I told them they can choose what's the most convenient for them. Rakel told me to show up at Monday 05/16 at 9:30am at their Portsmouth location.

Today comes around and I show up at the Portsmouth location at 9:25am. I get out my car and realize their shop's door is locked. I went back to my car and sat for a good 10 minutes to give them time to arrive. At about 9:35am I call 757-465-2214 and it continues ringing and East Coast (the truck company they have their shop in) picks up instead. I asked to speak to New Image and they stated I could go to their voicemail. I declined as I figured it would do no good since they'll see me when they roll up. 9:50am comes around and they are still no where to be found. I called the same number again and East Coast picked up again. I asked to see if they had Lane's number. They provided it to me so I called that number and no one picks up. 10:15pm comes around and no one is there still. At this point I'm really pissed as this seems like this is the same thing they pulled on someone else that posted in this thread. I call both numbers now, leave voicemails saying I was there and no one showed up. I also asked they contact me back to discuss a refund for their services as they are clearly unreliable.

To let's sum up what's all happened with me:
-New Image was easy to get a hold of to schedule my car to get tinted and gladly did it.
-I notice more bubbles than I'd expect in the rear tint, I am assured they will go away.
-Majority of them go away, but there's still some that don't go away after a week and a half.
-I contact New Image and I explain the ordeal, they tell me to contact them back if it doesn't go away in another week.
-A week goes by, I contact them as the issue is not resolved. I'm told Lane will need to contact me.
-Lane never contacts me.
-I contact them repeatedly over phone and email and repeatedly get told I'll receive a call the same day.
-Never receive a call until several days later. I immediately return the call with less than a minute, no one calls me back or answers.
-I go through the same cycle again to get them to contact me.
-Finally they agree on a set time and date to have it fixed.
-I show up, they don't show even 45 minutes after the set time. They don't answer their phones.

I know I didn't screw up remembering the time of when we scheduled this because I added this into my Outlook calendar as I was on the phone with them to ensure that I'd have the time correct.

At this point I want a refund as I'm going to have to pay a different shop to remove and retint the rear window. I would not recommend this place to a friend or stranger at all. They seem very friendly to get your business up front, but the moment they have your money you're long forgotten.

EDIT: I found a phone number for someone else within the business that works there. I texted that person I got no response. This is their cell phone by the way. I've gone ahead and contacted BBB to have this hopefully resolved. I doubt it will be easy to get a refund without their assistance.

UPDATE: Lane called me apologizing and wants to make it right and fix the issue still. He provided a reason to me for them not showing up as a mistake. Not an acceptable mistake by any means though. I believe in giving second chances to everyone at least once. I'll give them one more shot to make it right. I'll also forward to the BBB the issue was resolved should it be taken care of. I think they're good people, but customer service (or being on top of things... however you want to see it) does not appear to be their strongpoint.

Last edited by Qwiksillva; 05-16-2011 at 11:39 AM. Reason: Added more details
Old 05-17-2011, 05:47 AM
2ltrgsr
BACK IN A G8

2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr 2ltrgsr

Damn, well who do you recommend for tint....lane was gonna be my pick, but after seeing this im scared to go there
Old 05-17-2011, 06:40 PM
nftuatn
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

stuarts window tinting in hampton...been doing it for 20 years...ive never had an issue or complaint.
Old 05-17-2011, 07:13 PM
Qwiksillva
Registered Member

I'm really not surprised at this point. Called Lane back yesterday. Left him a voicemail discussing I'd take him up on his offer to make things right and reschedule another time. He informed me to just call him back and leave a voicemail when we spoke yesterday afternoon. I did exactly that and have not heard back from him yesterday or today now.

At this point I feel like I'm just nagging at the situation because it's just gotten really old to me at this point. I'd expect this type of communication from a someone who "does it on the side", but not from a business listed in the Yellow Pages.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:22 AM
MyFaultdc5
Registered Member

MyFaultdc5 has disabled reputation

I have personally worked for this guy.
I was fired "for not showing up on time and it being more of a hassle for him". Hes not very scheduled but tries to be, and is never on time, working for him is a hell hole as to he doesnt let you know anything until 12 hours before hand, and then expects you to be there right then and there at the drop of a pin, working a second job and having daily other things to do as well, is kind of hard to do. So no hard feelings there.
For example, i cant arrange my day if your going to tell me to be at work at 7am in the morning at 10:30pm the night before when im already at my night job. But if thats the requirements for the job he needs, then so be it, i was fired- and fine by me.

I wouldnt exactly call him "honest" as some people are on here,

i have PERSONALLY watched him take in vehicles for details (for example a mustang that he claimed to be his buddies, pretty sick mustang too i might add, which i can provide photos if need be) and simply letting the vehicle sit alllllllllllll day while he runs around doing other stuff. When the customer calls/he calls to let them know the car is ready,(after they have supposedily recieved there hundred dollar plus detaill) 20 minutes before he goes in and has me throw on a "quick wax and vacuum" before the customer comes in and tells him "oh were just throwing another quick coat of wax for so it looks all good for ya" like hes doing HIM a favor and in reality just rippped him off.

I've also personally watched him knowingly see bubbles, and mistakes in tint jobs and instead of simply fixing them, he just sends the car out and tells them "oh it will go away in a week or two when the sun hits". Then never have any intentions on fixing the problem.

The reason he is so hard to get in touch with is he runs sooo many businesses and is just biting off too much at one time, and ruining what in my opinion- would be a good thing for him if he quit micromanaging things. From selling tires, flippin vans and commercial vehicles go karts, tinting, detailing, racing UCARS at langely to operating a marine detailing business. (reason hes so hard to get up with)

He also flaked out on me and sold me an integra, at my own stupidity (Admittedly) i allowed him to just take it out of two of my checks, he fired me thereafter getting money from me, then would not give me my check from that week, or the title to the car after informing him i would file SS-8 for failing to comply with employment laws regarding taxes/checks etc etc. Unfortunetly at his own his fault and failure, he never put the car in his name, so i just filed for an Abandoned Vehicle Title for the car and got the title myself.I am already in the works of filing civil suit against him for the weeks pay he took since he never released the title/paperwork as he indicated he would. He unprofessionally would not just hand over my check (on payday mind you) like he should have- going to show his level of "honesty". I simply told him f*ck you and left yet proceded to act like he wanted to take things to another level, the job wasnt worth it to me, so after several attempts to get my money, he finally mailed it but not title. No honesty there.

While some of this may not pertain to the exact subject, to me it goes to show what truely goes behind closed doors.

Dont get me wrong- im not trying to say i could do better, i am just stating what i have seen throughout my time working there.

Last edited by MyFaultdc5; 05-26-2011 at 12:26 AM.
Old 05-26-2011, 07:21 PM
Thurm@n
Still spinnin'

Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n Thurm@n

well the truth finally comes out, dude did me the same way scheduled me a day to repair it an was a no show. Wouldn't answer calls or text same as Qwicksillva I wouldn't recommend anyone deal with this guy at all.
Old 05-27-2011, 03:44 AM
nftuatn
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

Originally Posted by MyFaultdc5
I have personally worked for this guy.
I was fired "for not showing up on time and it being more of a hassle for him". Hes not very scheduled but tries to be, and is never on time, working for him is a hell hole as to he doesnt let you know anything until 12 hours before hand, and then expects you to be there right then and there at the drop of a pin, working a second job and having daily other things to do as well, is kind of hard to do. So no hard feelings there.
For example, i cant arrange my day if your going to tell me to be at work at 7am in the morning at 10:30pm the night before when im already at my night job. But if thats the requirements for the job he needs, then so be it, i was fired- and fine by me.

I wouldnt exactly call him "honest" as some people are on here,

i have PERSONALLY watched him take in vehicles for details (for example a mustang that he claimed to be his buddies, pretty sick mustang too i might add, which i can provide photos if need be) and simply letting the vehicle sit alllllllllllll day while he runs around doing other stuff. When the customer calls/he calls to let them know the car is ready,(after they have supposedily recieved there hundred dollar plus detaill) 20 minutes before he goes in and has me throw on a "quick wax and vacuum" before the customer comes in and tells him "oh were just throwing another quick coat of wax for so it looks all good for ya" like hes doing HIM a favor and in reality just rippped him off.

I've also personally watched him knowingly see bubbles, and mistakes in tint jobs and instead of simply fixing them, he just sends the car out and tells them "oh it will go away in a week or two when the sun hits". Then never have any intentions on fixing the problem.

The reason he is so hard to get in touch with is he runs sooo many businesses and is just biting off too much at one time, and ruining what in my opinion- would be a good thing for him if he quit micromanaging things. From selling tires, flippin vans and commercial vehicles go karts, tinting, detailing, racing UCARS at langely to operating a marine detailing business. (reason hes so hard to get up with)

He also flaked out on me and sold me an integra, at my own stupidity (Admittedly) i allowed him to just take it out of two of my checks, he fired me thereafter getting money from me, then would not give me my check from that week, or the title to the car after informing him i would file SS-8 for failing to comply with employment laws regarding taxes/checks etc etc. Unfortunetly at his own his fault and failure, he never put the car in his name, so i just filed for an Abandoned Vehicle Title for the car and got the title myself.I am already in the works of filing civil suit against him for the weeks pay he took since he never released the title/paperwork as he indicated he would. He unprofessionally would not just hand over my check (on payday mind you) like he should have- going to show his level of "honesty". I simply told him f*ck you and left yet proceded to act like he wanted to take things to another level, the job wasnt worth it to me, so after several attempts to get my money, he finally mailed it but not title. No honesty there.

While some of this may not pertain to the exact subject, to me it goes to show what truely goes behind closed doors.

Dont get me wrong- im not trying to say i could do better, i am just stating what i have seen throughout my time working there.
that really sucks if that is the case...there are always two sides to every story and i would think lane would come and tell his side
Old 05-27-2011, 07:45 PM
Weldmandingo
Registered Member

Weldmandingo has disabled reputation

where is New image located ?
Old 05-27-2011, 07:48 PM
Weldmandingo
Registered Member

Weldmandingo has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by nftuatn
stuarts window tinting in hampton...been doing it for 20 years...ive never had an issue or complaint.
I got my windows tinted on my del sol there !!! great place, great prices no complaints at all

Quick Reply: 757 - New Image VA - Tinting