Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Initial tuning on stand alone

Old 05-04-2006, 03:19 PM
Flite
HHIC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite
Default Re: Initial tuning on stand alone

Originally Posted by Dick
that's what worked the best for me max boost at 15 deg using pump gas. have you set the part throttle or cruise you can run the timing up to 40deg
I haven't messed with it yet. I know VW's don't like a whole lot of timing though. I'll probably set it for around 25-30dbtdc at atmospheric pressure and another 5 or so under vacuum. I'll get some more tuning time in this weekend.

Any thoughts on cranking timing to get somewhat reliable starting. I've got it starting pretty easy when it's cold, but it can be a bit of a pain when it's warm.
Old 05-04-2006, 03:37 PM
GaRn
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

This is for a 91mm bore v6 engine(a 6g72 actually), so I would take about 5 deg off across the whole map, should be a good way to get you goin atleast..

I think your engine is a 82mm bore..
Old 05-05-2006, 08:07 AM
Flite
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

Thanks, I think I have mine figured out for now though. What program is that?
Old 05-05-2006, 08:33 AM
GaRn
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

It's a program that the guys at Mynes performance wrote to tune/flash Evo's and 3g eclipses/etc..