Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

A couple of old school Bimmers

Old 06-11-2012 | 10:37 PM
R. Danneskjöld
Logic is my religion

R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld
Default Re: A couple of old school Bimmers

Originally Posted by Race B&on
My E36 experience has been very love/hate so far, but I do agree that they're cheap and fun. I'm still bailing and getting into a MINI as soon as the opportunity presents itself though.
One of my buddies has a Mini, that thing is a blast to drive. Im only holding on to the e30 till they send me down to San Diego. Im not sure if Ill keep the E36 and trade the Jeep for my Stang or the other way around(more likely). This particular one is in great shape, its like it fell out of a time machine, complete with 90's chrome wheels lol. My friends are clamering for me to do this and that to it, but I find it hard to sink a lot of money into a two decade old bimmer.

p.s. Have you considered a 1 series?
Old 06-11-2012 | 11:00 PM
Trunk Impaired
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Originally Posted by ben.flagg
One of my buddies has a Mini, that thing is a blast to drive. Im only holding on to the e30 till they send me down to San Diego. Im not sure if Ill keep the E36 and trade the Jeep for my Stang or the other way around(more likely). This particular one is in great shape, its like it fell out of a time machine, complete with 90's chrome wheels lol. My friends are clamering for me to do this and that to it, but I find it hard to sink a lot of money into a two decade old bimmer.

p.s. Have you considered a 1 series?
I have, but I don't need anything that powerful (or expensive) right out of the gate. I'm not the "race between the lights" type, so for my style of driving 110whp (and an LSD) has served me fairly well. More or less I just want an updated version of what I've got now: something relatively cheap, functional, and fun. Thinking Cooper S or JCW depending on what's available.
Old 06-12-2012 | 06:48 PM
R. Danneskjöld
Logic is my religion

R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld R. Danneskjöld

I have, but I don't need anything that powerful (or expensive) right out of the gate. I'm not the "race between the lights" type, so for my style of driving 110whp (and an LSD) has served me fairly well. More or less I just want an updated version of what I've got now: something relatively cheap, functional, and fun. Thinking Cooper S or JCW depending on what's available.
Go JCW, if you get the S youll just wish you had gotten the works,its is a big difference for what doesnt amount to all that much more cash.
Old 06-12-2012 | 06:53 PM
Trunk Impaired
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired Trunk Impaired

Go JCW, if you get the S youll just wish you had gotten the works,its is a big difference for what doesnt amount to all that much more cash.
Well the debate then is that the JCWs that I've found in my range are all pre-2007 meaning supercharged, I could have a post-2007 S that has a factory turbo which would open the ceiling up a bit on it.
Old 06-12-2012 | 07:00 PM
TATTRAT
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

The JCW IS a a lot of fun, but you can do all the same mods to an S, for a lot less cost for the badge. All I have left to do is the big brake kit, and I am done.

Now the MINI GP is a REALLY fun little car, if you can get your hands on one. It's a JCW with even more added umph, more boost, larger wheels, upgraded inter-cooler, and more shit I can't remember. Only 2K were made, so they can be hard to come by.

Here is the latest on the new 2013 coming up

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/mini/20...-ar127125.html
Old 06-12-2012 | 07:01 PM
TATTRAT
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

Well the debate then is that the JCWs that I've found in my range are all pre-2007 meaning supercharged, I could have a post-2007 S that has a factory turbo which would open the ceiling up a bit on it.
The first gens actually don't have as much problems as the Second Gen "S", but I know that having a turbo, over a Supercharger, does have certain advantages. . .
Old 06-12-2012 | 08:01 PM
R. Danneskjöld
Logic is my religion

Tattrat is the resident Mini guy
Old 06-12-2012 | 08:04 PM
TATTRAT
WEEEEEEEEEEE

Tattrat is the resident Mini guy
MINI.

The Classics are Minis'

Old 06-12-2012 | 08:15 PM
Trunk Impaired
SHAKESHAKESHAKESHAKE

I've always wanted one, there's something so right about a classic British design left to the hands of the sensible Germans. TAT, have you heard good things about the Clubman?
Old 06-12-2012 | 08:51 PM
TATTRAT
WEEEEEEEEEEE

I've always wanted one, there's something so right about a classic British design left to the hands of the sensible Germans. TAT, have you heard good things about the Clubman?
Yeah, for sure, or are you meaning the Countryman?

The Clubman is just an extended Cooper. The Original Clubmans I love, there are a couple in our local DCMM.

The Countryman was last years new edition to the MINI family. The All 4 is a pretty awesome vehicle, great MPG, great handling, and won the Dakar Rally.

Quick Reply: A couple of old school Bimmers