Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Race shops that have overalls?

Old 01-29-2009 | 07:08 PM
nftuatn
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn
Default Re: Race shops that have overalls?

just use a piece of 180 or something to sand the rust off...then por it...

on the door glue...its actually a type of urethane/silicone...if your not trying to make it oem then just get some duct tape and tape the plastic back to the door...its just a water barrier between the door panel and door...
Old 01-29-2009 | 07:14 PM
marlinspike
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

And if I do want it OEM? Duct tape seems so uncivilized, and I already spend so much time on this car what's another hour between friends? I wonder if Wurth makes a glue that will work, they seem to make everything.
Old 01-29-2009 | 07:19 PM
nftuatn
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

its called i believe window butol.....its old style windsheild sealant that never fully hardens...i dont know anybody that sells it locally...but you can try

moodys at 5966009 or hops at 7230747...either one of them should be able to help you...just tell them what its being used for and they will have it
Old 01-29-2009 | 07:24 PM
marlinspike
ATGATT

marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike marlinspike

Suh-weet.

Hey, so, they tried to straighten my lower molding (I didn't have the money when taking it in to them for another), and it's sorta wonky. Said he heated it, but it only did so much. I can get a hold of a used molding for cheap (faded, but no cuts or anything). What would you want to paint it (it's a right rear door lower molding)?
Old 01-29-2009 | 07:25 PM
nftuatn
baller/dickbutt#69

actuallu use this its easier...
http://www.autobodytoolmart.com/pc-1...ack-08578.aspx

sure thing man...just bring it by...
Old 01-29-2009 | 07:27 PM
marlinspike
ATGATT

K, will do once I get my sunroof back in (waiting on some parts to come from Germany, sunroof is currently on the floor next to me). I guess as long as it's not raining I could just tell everybody it's a rare Mercedes Spider.

I also have a wiper arm (right now my car has what my friends call the 1 wiper racing conversion) that I got for free, but it's kinda rusted and all faded. I'll bring that with me too, has got to be cheaper to restore that than to buy a new one for $144.
Old 01-29-2009 | 07:35 PM
nftuatn
baller/dickbutt#69

um yeah id think so...i can blast it and paint it ....is it gloss or satin???or would you rather just redo both???
Old 01-29-2009 | 07:51 PM
marlinspike
ATGATT

It's semi-gloss (so Satin I guess)...but I think you're right, lets redo both and do gloss if you can make the metal wiper blade holder gloss also. I'm gonna be the biggest baller who wears tweed sport coats ever.
Old 01-29-2009 | 07:55 PM
nftuatn
baller/dickbutt#69

lol...fine with me...
Old 01-29-2009 | 07:57 PM
ShawnD
Troll & Run

ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD ShawnD

wtf you paint? what dont you do?

Quick Reply: Race shops that have overalls?