Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Turbo coming soon to a Prelude near you!

Old 02-04-2005, 11:46 AM
musicmaniac
wtb scoobie snacks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
musicmaniac is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Turbo coming soon to a Prelude near you!

***EDIT: Damn you Clay, log off! lol***

what kind of intake setup? intake on the inlet if i can fit it, if not mesh screen..

what kind of manifold? log manifold

what kind of IC? none, water injection

what kind of fuel system? dsm 450cc's/uberdata(kinda like hondata, only better and free)

what kind of exhaust? stock exhaust for now, i want it to look stock, 2.5" to axle back basically.. atleast until i figure what i want to do..

what kind of oiling system for the turbo? oil pressure sensor T for feed and then just weld a bung on the oilpan for return

what kind of boost control? (meaning straight actuator? spring pressure on the one in it now?) external gated tial 35/38mm startin as low as a spring pressure as possible, 3.63 psi, then a boost controller when i have the basemap tuned to where i think its safe..

i presume you are doing some form of reprogrammed PROM from what you were describing in the origional post, does it do it on the car or out of the ECU? i can set it up either way, right now im using a removable EEPROM and uberdata as my rom editor and a burner i hook up to my pc. i can datalog with a laptop hooked up to my ecu via USB or serial, whatever i mod it for. I chose this way cuz its a little cheaper, they recently released a realtime editor but its like $150 compared to the burner which was like $50..

as for the X brand turbo on a Honda car... think about that.. for a budget setup(aka not a brand new turbo), you're gonna have to use a turbo from another car considering honda doesn't have any current FI cars.. be it from a nissan/dsm(most common)/ford/saab..
Old 02-04-2005, 11:49 AM
gonzoe00
Registered Member

gonzoe00 can only hope to improve

Cootes I agree think of how much flaming you probably got when telling people what you were doing to your probe... however in the end it was a pretty respectable car. No matter what someone says the mockery will not stop, so you need to learn to cope with it.
^ I just guess for Honda people it gets old such as life. To me its your car do what the f&*^ you want no matter what type.

Last edited by gonzoe00; 02-04-2005 at 11:53 AM.
Old 02-04-2005, 02:12 PM
elementalwindx

elementalwindx has disabled reputation

I've got my smic, and hard pipes w/ turboxs flange for sale. The smic is kinda smashed due to a fucking stupid beagle running in front of my car on I-40 hit at 50mph~. Busted out my fog light and front grill, and bend 1 row of fins in on the smic. but I still drove my car to VA and back and for another 2 weeks till I got my FMIC in. I never noticed a performance difference whatsoever.

PS. The upper piping needs a bigger silicone coupling, but the one it'd come with, works. the lower piping is a dejon tool licp All red. The uicp is home made w/ mandrel bends and plasti-dip

Last edited by elementalwindx; 02-04-2005 at 02:15 PM.
Old 02-04-2005, 04:27 PM
ChvyOnDubz
MVP Member

ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz ChvyOnDubz

how much you piece together the kit for?
Old 02-04-2005, 06:13 PM
88mr2sc
Unconfirmed User

88mr2sc 88mr2sc 88mr2sc 88mr2sc 88mr2sc 88mr2sc 88mr2sc 88mr2sc 88mr2sc 88mr2sc 88mr2sc

GaRn,

i'll give YOU a 1g dsm smic, i've got one just setting around. want it?
Old 02-05-2005, 12:13 AM
GaRn
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

sure hell, if i can fit that side mount in the stock filter box location then ill give it a try!

so far the cost is..

manifold - 180
turbo, recently rebuilt/balanced - 83 (damn good deal!)
socketed p06 - 80
willem programmer - 55
Old 02-05-2005, 09:24 AM
JKim
Hating...

JKim has disabled reputation

stock fuel?

what is that...like 190cc? 220cc?

you're going to be taxing them. maybe you should get some dsm injectors and change the resistance. I would be "safer" with a little room to play with in your fuel.

Gluck with the kit.
Old 02-05-2005, 10:29 AM
KnowForever
.!.. Evo's ;)

KnowForever has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by FutureProspect
stock fuel?

you're going to be taxing them. maybe you should get some dsm injectors and change the resistance. I would be "safer" with a little room to play with in your fuel.

Gluck with the kit.
Originally Posted by GaRN
dsm 450cc's/uberdata(kinda like hondata, only better and free)
Old 02-05-2005, 10:38 AM
GaRn
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by FutureProspect
stock fuel?

Gluck with the kit.
yup goin with 450cc DSM's, and the good thing is H23 ludes already use low impedence injectors so i already have the resistor box all i gotta do is dremel off a part of the tab on the injectors and they plug right in hehe..
Old 02-05-2005, 01:05 PM
JKim
Hating...

JKim has disabled reputation

good call.

Its always good to flow check the injectors though. Just because they are free doesnt mean they will work like you paid premium.

also..did you get some gauges? all make sure you can monitor whats going on. water temp, a/f (egt if you can't afford a wideband) , and boost.

Quick Reply: Turbo coming soon to a Prelude near you!