Notices
Cycle Corner Running with two less wheels than everyone else? This forum is for you.

HJC Helmets

Old 04-06-2008, 08:13 AM
duder
d00d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
duder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HJC Helmets

Originally Posted by 95RogueM3
Im in Richmond.

I just found the stickey and NewEnough. They have what looks like a decent one for $70 on wholesale: http://www.newenough.com/closeouts/h...le_helmet.html

Really, its going to be used for keeping the bugs and rocks out of my mouth/hair. Ill be in one of these, though it will have a roll hoop:

Is that one going to be a waste of money (should I spend $150+ and know that I got a quality helmet) ?

That's the same helmet I use. Difference is I bought it over a year ago for $190. It's dot and snell rated and was originally not a cheap helmet.
Old 04-06-2008, 08:31 AM
95RogueM3
Registered Member

95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts

Thank to everyone who posted an opinion/comment above.

Ive thought about getting a car helmet, though ultimately Id like to have an SV650 in the coming 2-3 years and could kill 2 birds with 1 stone by buying the motorcycle helmet up front.

Im going to go and try on some helmets tomorrow to make sure the XL is what I need.

Thanks again!
Old 04-06-2008, 08:38 AM
chappe
SV haver

chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe

buy my SV 650........ I'll give you a bike helmet and my car helmet...
Old 04-06-2008, 08:41 AM
chappe
SV haver

chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe chappe

or, you can buy this guy's helmet...
https://www.vadriven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231963
Old 04-06-2008, 08:51 AM
Real Random
Registered member

Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random Real Random

WTFF?
Old 04-06-2008, 10:16 AM
95RogueM3
Registered Member

95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts95RogueM3 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by chappe
buy my SV 650........ I'll give you a bike helmet and my car helmet...
I saw yours for sale. I was told I would be disinherited if I got a bike (my father was nearly killed on his)...Im going to wait until I cant resist the urge any longer and then buy a bike.

Originally Posted by chappe
or, you can buy this guy's helmet...
https://www.vadriven.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231963
I saw that too...but for now if I can save some $$, Im not opposed to doing so ($100 while not a fortune, could buy me something else)...
Old 04-06-2008, 10:48 AM
mischiefse7en
B18C1

mischiefse7en has disabled reputation

$50,000 for a "car" with no bumpers or windshield and you're worried about wasting money on a helmet?

I just looked at the Suomy...$375+ might be alot for a wind/bug deflector.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:52 AM
95RogueM3
Registered Member

Originally Posted by mischiefse7en
$50,000 for a "car" with no bumpers or windshield and you're worried about wasting money on a helmet?
Its not my car. Its my father's which he bought for us to share track time with at VIR (and its $70k for the Supercharged version..)

If it were mine and I had shelled out the $$, I would have no problem spending big $$ on a helmet.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:09 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Originally Posted by mischiefse7en
That's what I wanted to say too but I held back..

I don't care who paid for the car, I wouldn't be setting out to spend $70 on a helmet when you're going out to intentionally push something to it's limits. I'm not saying HJC makes an inferior helmet.. I wore an HJC helmet for two years, but I don't mind spending a little extra money on something that's not only going to protect my head (HJC will protect you just the same) but provide a different level of comfort during use as well. Airflow is better in my Suomy, and it's MUCH lighter which causes less strain on my neck.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:09 AM
VanillaThrilla
wub wub wub wub

VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla VanillaThrilla

Its not my car. Its my father's which he bought for us to share track time with at VIR (and its $70k for the Supercharged version..)

If it were mine and I had shelled out the $$, I would have no problem spending big $$ on a helmet.
I hope the supercharger isn't the only difference with the "supercharged version" ...otherwise, what justifies the extra $20,000?

Quick Reply: HJC Helmets