Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Fortune Evo @ VIR ST2 Race & UTCC

Old 07-26-2009 | 06:28 PM
FlimFlam
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam
Default Re: Fortune Evo @ VIR ST2 Race & UTCC

It was fun being on track with this car in my first session, but I no power to compete by the time we could dice it up. In the corners we seemed dead even and even through the uphill esses, but by the time I reached the back straight my car was done. He checked out.

Great pics, nice car, good times.
Old 07-26-2009 | 06:48 PM
MSP608
Registered Member

MSP608 will become famous soon enoughMSP608 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Cobra4B
Well... word on the street is the car was sandbaggin hard. Was supposed to be in ST1 (allows a better power/weight ratio 5.5lbs/horse vs. 8.7lbs/horse) vs. ST2 and after Saturday's ST2 race he came in under weight. Well Sunday at the race the Corvette guys were rather surprised that he could keep going off track (went off 3 or 4 times) and could still catch back up... screams boost controller to me. Again thats just what was buzzing around the paddock.

At the end of todays race he ran into the GT3 Porsce in the lead... NASA frowns upon contact... when we loaded up today NASA was still reviewing everything to see what the penalties would be.
Just met Whit this weekend, but he seems like a trustworthy guy. He said he was making just shy of 400 whp on AMS's dyno. What was his weight? Don't forget the adjustments when factoring the power/weight.

Today's race, I wouldn't say he 'ran into the lead Porsche', unless you're talking about a different incident than what happened in the upper esses. I watched most of the race from the bridge and he was leading that Porsche for a good bit (he had pole IIRC). Somewhere in the middle of the race the Porsche got by (maybe on one of his offs?) and Whit was chasing him down to get 1st back. One lap they came into that first left in the esses and he got bonked off at the following right. I couldn't really tell if he turned into the Porsche or if the Porsche turned into him, but they were both assessed one point for the contact. Whit said the Porsche driver was cool about the incident.

Anyways, sweet car. I was impressed by the 2:06.xx he put down in his qualifying. Seemed everyone was muuch faster Sunday morning.
Old 07-26-2009 | 06:50 PM
FlimFlam
Registered Member

FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam FlimFlam

As for Whit's offs, the only one I saw was in T1 and it was hilarious because I don't think the motherfucker ever lifted and he barely lost any ground while making a 400ft detour through the clay.

He got AWD, he can make that turn yo.
Old 07-26-2009 | 07:15 PM
Terry@Fortune
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

Originally Posted by MSP608
Just met Whit this weekend, but he seems like a trustworthy guy. He said he was making just shy of 400 whp on AMS's dyno. What was his weight? Don't forget the adjustments when factoring the power/weight.

Today's race, I wouldn't say he 'ran into the lead Porsche', unless you're talking about a different incident than what happened in the upper esses. I watched most of the race from the bridge and he was leading that Porsche for a good bit (he had pole IIRC). Somewhere in the middle of the race the Porsche got by (maybe on one of his offs?) and Whit was chasing him down to get 1st back. One lap they came into that first left in the esses and he got bonked off at the following right. I couldn't really tell if he turned into the Porsche or if the Porsche turned into him, but they were both assessed one point for the contact. Whit said the Porsche driver was cool about the incident.

Anyways, sweet car. I was impressed by the 2:06.xx he put down in his qualifying. Seemed everyone was muuch faster Sunday morning.
Hey thanks for the info man!
BTW did you know how he finished off st2 on sunday?
Porsche and corvette guys don't like it when they get whoooped on by a little evo
Originally Posted by FlimFlam
As for Whit's offs, the only one I saw was in T1 and it was hilarious because I don't think the motherfucker ever lifted and he barely lost any ground while making a 400ft detour through the clay.

He got AWD, he can make that turn yo.
That sounds like Whit lol
Old 07-26-2009 | 07:34 PM
MSP608
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Terry@Fortune
Hey thanks for the info man!
BTW did you know how he finished off st2 on sunday?
Porsche and corvette guys don't like it when they get whoooped on by a little evo

That sounds like Whit lol
He never caught back up to the Porsche after making contact. I don't think he fell too far back though. Not sure exactly where he ended up.

You sure you don't want to sponsor twwooo cars? C'mon the Evo vs STi combo would be awesome.
Old 07-26-2009 | 07:36 PM
Razmus
Ayo Smokey!

Razmus will become famous soon enoughRazmus will become famous soon enough

This car is FAST as fuck. Fallowed it from the Patriot course on the straight and then went to the Oak turn and it was hauling ass there as well. Def a nice car, sucks people were foamin' cuase it was that fast though....

Car looks good and looks like it handles really good when he was going around the turns. Like I siad, once in the straight, he was gone.
Old 07-26-2009 | 07:56 PM
Kim Jong Illin'
(. )( .) & 8====>

Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin' Kim Jong Illin'

great results, terry.

fortune auto is .
Old 07-26-2009 | 07:58 PM
MSP608
Registered Member

I checked the ST rules and I say he's legal. Whit told me he has to keep the weight over 3201. So, 3201 lbs/400 hp = 8.0025 lbs/hp but once you take +0.4 for sedan, -0.5 for AWD, and +0.8 for 245 or smaller tires, comes out to 8.7025 lbs/hp

As long as he doesn't come in under weight and isn't turning up the boost, that's right on the money for the limit.
Old 07-27-2009 | 05:52 AM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Sooo why was the main harness anywhere near where the front tire could damage it? That sounds like a major oversight for a car that has obviously been race prepped with otherwise good attention to detail from what I've seen.
Old 07-27-2009 | 06:15 AM
Terry@Fortune
Patron

Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune Terry@Fortune

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Sooo why was the main harness anywhere near where the front tire could damage it? That sounds like a major oversight for a car that has obviously been race prepped with otherwise good attention to detail from what I've seen.
yep you are correct, it was a major oversight
That harness should have never been hanging there like that. I am surprised it did not get damaged earlier.

I was a little dissapointed that something so stupid like that was overlooked.

Quick Reply: Fortune Evo @ VIR ST2 Race & UTCC