Notices
Automotive Gallery Vehicle (meaning anything with an engine) and related pictures and videos go here, everything else goes in one of the Eye-Candy forums.

Guess its the newest fad......can't believe I haven't seen it on here yet (with pics)

Old 08-11-2011 | 07:54 AM
gschott
Registered member

gschott gschott gschott gschott gschott gschott gschott gschott gschott gschott gschott
Default Re: Guess its the newest fad......can't believe I haven't seen it on here yet (with p

im the guy with the GSX with plastidip on his car in the for sale area, i daily it and i have yet to touch up anything, it hasnt faded,peeled, or anything, here is a thread in the dsm forums if anyone wants to check it out http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/hang...ed-my-car.html
Old 08-11-2011 | 09:16 AM
SRT-Ferg
Needs A 240sx

SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg SRT-Ferg
Default Re: Guess its the newest fad......can't believe I haven't seen it on here yet (with p

Me and The Nisbro were just talking about this yesterday. There is a guy in our area with a crv that has plastidip on his wheels. I personally think its a dumb idea but can see where it may appeal to some people.
Old 08-11-2011 | 09:24 AM
Daft Punk
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 08-11-2011 | 10:59 AM
Flite
HHIC

Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite Flite

So wait... you didn't mask off the emblems other than the tape square, and when you peeled it, it took it off the paint as well?

That makes masking this stuff off sound super easy. For a few bucks, it could be worth a shot.
Old 08-11-2011 | 11:05 AM
travisnd
VA

travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd travisnd

People on ls1tech have been going crazy with this stuff lately.
Old 08-11-2011 | 11:10 AM
LXative
<----BigBake

LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative

Originally Posted by Flite
So wait... you didn't mask off the emblems other than the tape square, and when you peeled it, it took it off the paint as well?

That makes masking this stuff off sound super easy. For a few bucks, it could be worth a shot.
Correct. Just the tiny gap between the emblem and the body, created by the double sided tape.....is enough to allow you to peel off the overspray area, and it will separate itself like its perforated.
Old 08-11-2011 | 11:15 AM
Daft Punk
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

Originally Posted by LXative
Correct. Just the tiny gap between the emblem and the body, created by the double sided tape.....is enough to allow you to peel off the overspray area, and it will separate itself like its perforated.
that i never knew................hmmmm. damn really dont need to mask stuff if you dont want to then.
Old 08-11-2011 | 11:19 AM
Southwade
TwoWheels YearRound

Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade Southwade

It's harder to peel off later unless you lay down a thick layer first... so it is better(in the long run) to mask first.

Thin overspray can be a bitch to get off.
Old 08-11-2011 | 11:20 AM
LXative
<----BigBake

LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative LXative

Originally Posted by Daft Punk
that i never knew................hmmmm. damn really dont need to mask stuff if you dont want to then.
Def mask a general area, like I did with the emblem in the picture. Its literally like peeling off a rubbery piece of tape......
Old 08-11-2011 | 11:27 AM
gschott
Registered member

gschott gschott gschott gschott gschott gschott gschott gschott gschott gschott gschott

if your going to lay tape down make sure for one you have actual painters tape and two if your just using a masking tape then your going to have to put a razor or something to disconnect the tape and the paint if you dont then the paint will come up with the tape after it has dried, if you lay mulitple coats with the paint is what i mean, or you can retape it after each spray or you can lay multiple layers of tape on top of each other and peel one layer off each time.....thats only if you dont have painters tape, sometimes it does it with painters tape tho

Quick Reply: Guess its the newest fad......can't believe I haven't seen it on here yet (with pics)