Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Prelude won't start

Old 12-21-2008, 10:36 AM
99Lude
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99Lude has disabled reputation
Default Re: Prelude won't start

Your probably right...if he does decide to rip me off, he lives right up the road from me so he'll hear about it everyday....
Old 12-21-2008, 11:02 AM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

It's very difficult to get a stock fuel pump to put out more pressure than normal. That means all of a sudden the pump magically got more efficient, or it has some sort of difference in load downstream. It's more likely that there is a regulator problem, or something wrong with the return line (I can never remember if Hondas actually have a return line, so take that with a grain of salt). SO what I'm saying is that it isn't likely the fuel pump, it's something else having to do with the fuel system. I would be willing to bet that if the fuel pump is replaced, the problem will still be there.
Old 12-21-2008, 02:11 PM
99Lude
Registered member

so it is more than likely the regulator right?
Old 12-22-2008, 03:20 PM
weldmatic
Registered Member

weldmatic has disabled reputation

more than likely the coil.....10 psi come on man.... theres people running fuel pressure above 25 over stock spec. if its the regulator take the vacuum line off and see if gas coming out the regulator..... or see if the vac line is clogged.... can happen when people spray carb cleaner and other crap in their intakes.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:40 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by weldmatic
10 psi come on man.... theres people running fuel pressure above 25 over stock spec.
I think you've misinterpreted what I'm saying. I know the stock fuel pump can go higher than stock pressure, all it takes is an adjustable regulator.

I'm saying that it shouldn't be going over stock pressure with a stock regulator unless something is wrong. Basically if it's a stock fuel system, and it isn't behaving like a stock fuel system, there is a reason for that.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:42 PM
99Lude
Registered member

Aight...i'll probably check into that 2morrow...im suppose to pick it up in the morning...Apparently, "a leaky injector fouled up an o2 sensor"...After i mess around with it, im it caring to a dealership to let them look at 2 make sure...
Old 12-22-2008, 07:48 PM
weldmatic
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
I think you've misinterpreted what I'm saying. I know the stock fuel pump can go higher than stock pressure, all it takes is an adjustable regulator.

I'm saying that it shouldn't be going over stock pressure with a stock regulator unless something is wrong. Basically if it's a stock fuel system, and it isn't behaving like a stock fuel system, there is a reason for that.
i wasnt responding to you.... but yes your right. i think the fuel pressures b.s. at the same time 10psi shouldnt flood the car. if it is flooding could be a bad injector but your car would have bad hessitation and poor throttle response.

if its running fine dont take it to a dealer they charge you 65 bux or more just to tell you your cars running.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:36 PM
99Lude
Registered member

Got the car back today...The injectors were leaking fuel into cylinders even when the car was shut off...so they replaced those and the FPR, and an o2 Sensor, checked my oil and various other things......The bill came to $1200 and on top of that, they wanted it up front..Ha...After a few strong word from me and the folks at home, they let me do it in payments...150 a month...Never in my life have i've been fucked over this bad...must be karma...Bastards 4got to put my spark plug cover on too, had to go back n get that....
Old 12-23-2008, 03:34 PM
weldmatic
Registered Member

omg........ just dont sound right.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:49 PM
nftuatn
baller/dickbutt#69

nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn nftuatn

did they use vaseline???

Quick Reply: Prelude won't start