Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

yet another srt-4 fail<-=-= srt-4 dudes and dudettes

Old 05-27-2010, 02:10 PM
Daft Punk
Gaming Extraordinair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk
Default Re: yet another srt-4 fail<-=-= srt-4 dudes and dudettes

From what im reading, via search on SRTForums, its a bad coil pack. FYI dont go buying the MSD coil pack, its worthless, stock is good enough.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:13 PM
Daft Punk
Gaming Extraordinair

Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk

If its not the coil pack id check the intake manifold gasket, this of course is last thing.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:13 PM
Simply...P
Registered Member

Simply...P has a spectacular aura aboutSimply...P has a spectacular aura aboutSimply...P has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Daft Punk
From what im reading, via search on SRTForums, its a bad coil pack. FYI dont go buying the MSD coil pack, its worthless, stock is good enough.
This is correct. I had a similar problem stemming from my MSD pack last fall. I swapped in a stock coil pack and I've been fine ever since.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:17 PM
NasTHatch
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

bad gas
Old 05-27-2010, 03:01 PM
NORIDE:(
Registered Member

NORIDE:( has disabled reputation

coil packed was replaced... stock gap on an srt-4 is .050, but i figured maybe that was to big and it was just blowing out so on the ngk's i gapped them to a .046 still same problem..and im not saying your wrong but why would a intake mani gasket cause the code ive never heard of that before. please explain, i would appreciate it
Old 05-27-2010, 03:20 PM
Simply...P
Registered Member

Simply...P has a spectacular aura aboutSimply...P has a spectacular aura aboutSimply...P has a spectacular aura about

If the gasket is leaking, it can cause a lean misfire in the related cylinder. However, in both situations I've seen that happen, it had all the symptoms of a vacuum leak (high/erratic idle, etc...), which you didn't mention.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:27 PM
forced4gsix3
Registered Member

forced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond reputeforced4gsix3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NORIDE:(
So i decided to try and narrow it down a little and switched the injector from the 3rd cylinder with the 4th cylinder...BINGOOO threw a p 0303 missfire in cylinder number 3, so i bought a new injector and the piece still runs like poop.
Maybe you bought a bad injector. It happens. If the misfire moved with the injector that would lead me to believe that is the problem.
Old 05-27-2010, 04:41 PM
Daft Punk
Gaming Extraordinair

have you boost leak tested the car yet? good way of seeing if that gasket is leaking.
Old 05-27-2010, 05:14 PM
HighPSI TSi Guy
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by NORIDE:(
its forsale for well say 10,000.. haha i like how this turned into a for sale thread. i gurantee you a mod says something about it. gee thanks guys.
yea zero mods done bone stock. like i said the car only has 14k miles on it but i did put a hks on tha b*tch..nothing else has been messed with
You put a HKS on it? HKS what? HKS the entire company? That's a lot to haul around. HKS is a company name, not an individual product.

Get rid of the grand canyon plug gap. Put them shits at like 26. 45 is weaksauce.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:42 AM
NORIDE:(
Registered Member

NORIDE:( has disabled reputation

youd be a ratard if you didnt know what i meant by saying hks..but just to clear it up its a hks ssqv with a purple insert. i hope you dont get that mistaken for something and if you do you should probably kill yourself ORR let me do it for u. and im sorry my sauce is weak<--- that too is a stupid as$ saying

now onto the gap size, if it worked from the factory with a .050 why would i close it to almost half, nonsense

any srt-4 peoples wanna share there gap sizes