Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

jdm itr swap

Old 04-13-2008, 07:44 PM
Jarrod
braap braap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod
Default Re: jdm itr swap

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
No, no they don't.

The sensor on the crank is not the crank angle sensor, it's the crank fluctuation sensor. OBD2 B16s still have the crank angle sensor in the distributor.

Look it up.
I stand corrected.

(PS. I hate you.)

IIRC, you can put the CF sensor on a non- CF sensor motor. You'd just have to find a way to mount it.

My friend just jumps the wiring and tricks the ecu. If you want, I can ask him what he does. He's done it on a several OBD2 cars with OBD1 motors and OBD2 ecus.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:02 PM
Fabrik8
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Yeah, the wiring can be mod'd for use without a CKF sensor, or you can get the pump housing and crank pulley from a CKF--equipped car. Thats a lot of hassle for a JDM engine though if the wiring mod does the same trick. If Honda would just use standard crank sensor, cam sensor, and coil pack setups like most everyone else, the world would be a better place. Well, according to me at least..
Old 04-13-2008, 08:25 PM
Jarrod
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
Yeah, the wiring can be mod'd for use without a CKF sensor, or you can get the pump housing and crank pulley from a CKF--equipped car. Thats a lot of hassle for a JDM engine though if the wiring mod does the same trick. If Honda would just use standard crank sensor, cam sensor, and coil pack setups like most everyone else, the world would be a better place. Well, according to me at least..
Well, when you make less than 400whp you don't have to get into the complicated things. Thermal...