Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

Autocross at Pungo on October 7th

Old 09-25-2007, 05:31 PM
shawn22
FUCKIN MAGNETS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22
Default Re: Autocross at Pungo on October 7th

Originally Posted by WS6
I think your car is more inline for SM than ESP.
Why is that? From what I gathered from the DIY classification thing on the odr-scca website, the only real thing that puts me in ESP is the prop valve and the not emissions legal part. The cam is stock, havent installed a supercharger or turbo, and of course no BOV, wastegate, or supercharger pulley, but i'm new to the classification thing. It doesnt really matter to me, as i wont really be competitive i'm sure.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:36 PM
MALIIT TITI
magnifying glass???

MALIIT TITI is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vbspec
Yes you are fine. There on no rule to about manditory battery relocation. It dose however need to be tightly secured in what ever location its in, bungi cords dont count a secure.

Here is a link to the rule book. http://scca.com/documents/Solo%20Rul...7SoloRules.pdf Like the rest of motorsports if it dose not say you CAN do something then you CAN'T. Just keep that in mind when you are figuring out your classes. Have fun guys. The CRX will be back soon and a little angrier.
Mike is right but another note is that if your battery is inside the cabin with the driver will need a battery case and vent out to the atmosphere

in which - if your battery is mounted in the trunk and you have a hatchback 240SX - you will need a battery case so that the battery would not emit fumes inside the cabin and be vented to the atmosphere by a tube - safety issue

Originally Posted by CivicDuty
They have helmets they will lend you, m2000 or above snell, dot helmet approved if you want to buy your own
SCCA mandates a Snell aprroved helmets only - DOT is not legal - also SNELL M2000 and SN2000 above only

and Yes I will be checking them all... lol

I still need a CSP or ES Mr2

Last edited by MALIIT TITI; 09-25-2007 at 06:39 PM.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:38 PM
MALIIT TITI
magnifying glass???

Originally Posted by elambz
If I have a test pipe, does that mean I have to run SP or SM? I'm looking at the DIY classifying, and it says "Is your engine emissions legal?", and "No" would go under SP or SM.

I've got a Integra Type R, with added rear strut bar, lowered, with a test pipe, if someone wants to help me classify it.

Originally Posted by elambz
You're right. In SP, all Integras are DSP. I remember looking this up before.

DSP and I told you that long time ago

Last edited by MALIIT TITI; 09-25-2007 at 06:42 PM.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:45 PM
elambz
<3

elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz elambz

Originally Posted by ITSUKI Drifter
DSP and I told you that long time ago
Yeah yeah yeah. As soon as I found the chart with SP listings by make, I realized you had told me it already.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:47 PM
MALIIT TITI
magnifying glass???

Originally Posted by WhiteSSP
I guess I would be ESP then?

I have a cobra 5 lug brake conversion with discs all around, 18x8.5 BBS RK's with 255/40/18 RT615's, Ford Racing C springs, UMI Lower control arms, Willwood proportioning valve, offroad H pipe, non emissions headers, catback.
your call will not be legal for ESp nor SM - it will be in prepared - cause of your UMI lower control arms - this is only legal replacement in prepared and modified class

so I would say XP sinnce you dont have all the necessary safety features for Prepared or MOdified class
Old 09-26-2007, 05:11 AM
Verbal
r0tard

Verbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these parts

I have a 4dr golf, basic bolt-ons. I am thinking of going, any suggestions?
Old 09-26-2007, 05:44 AM
shawn22
FUCKIN MAGNETS

shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22 shawn22

Originally Posted by ITSUKI Drifter
your call will not be legal for ESp nor SM - it will be in prepared - cause of your UMI lower control arms - this is only legal replacement in prepared and modified class

so I would say XP sinnce you dont have all the necessary safety features for Prepared or MOdified class
Oh well. At least now I have a valid reason as to why i'm going to come in dead last
Old 09-26-2007, 08:20 AM
maacodale
Registered Member

maacodale maacodale maacodale maacodale maacodale maacodale maacodale maacodale maacodale maacodale maacodale

For local autocrosses, I think you'd be fine in ESP. No one in our class makes that big a deal about small things. Now when you get faster and more competitive someone may say something. We have a couple of cars with a bit more motor than they should have, but it's not a real issue. Aftermarket control arms won't make that much difference. If someone shows up with a prepared car built to the limits it would be a slaughter to your car. And you'd actually be in CP along with Eric Bonnets bad ass Mustang! Not a good place to be. Stick with ESP, we won't say anything. Besides, ya never wanna tell people what's REALLY in your car anyway!
Old 09-26-2007, 11:39 AM
MALIIT TITI
magnifying glass???

Originally Posted by XratedSi
I have a 4dr golf, basic bolt-ons. I am thinking of going, any suggestions?
you should join us... I went there last time with a stock celica and mr2 and had lots of fun
Old 09-26-2007, 06:21 PM
shawn22
FUCKIN MAGNETS

Originally Posted by maacodale
For local autocrosses, I think you'd be fine in ESP. No one in our class makes that big a deal about small things. Now when you get faster and more competitive someone may say something. We have a couple of cars with a bit more motor than they should have, but it's not a real issue. Aftermarket control arms won't make that much difference. If someone shows up with a prepared car built to the limits it would be a slaughter to your car. And you'd actually be in CP along with Eric Bonnets bad ass Mustang! Not a good place to be. Stick with ESP, we won't say anything. Besides, ya never wanna tell people what's REALLY in your car anyway!
It looks like the only thing that would knock me out of ESP is the fact that my control arms one of the bushings was replaced with a QA1 rod end, the other is still a poly bushing.

I really dont expect to be competitive in any glass right now, but I might sign up for ESP just to see how it goes. If someone makes a stink oh well, but I dont think I'll be in any contingency to win anything so it probably wont happen.

Quick Reply: Autocross at Pungo on October 7th