Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

How to improve my 2000 Honda Civic VP 4dr.

Old 05-18-2008, 02:02 PM
Cr33pin
The world is yours

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin Cr33pin
Default Re: How to improve my 2000 Honda Civic VP 4dr.

"Why don't you listen to dave and just lower it and put nice wheels on it. With a lip kit and some window tint, it might not look half bad"

+1
Old 05-18-2008, 02:07 PM
tha540va
Registered Member

tha540va has disabled reputation
Smile Re: How to improve my 2000 Honda Civic VP 4dr.

Originally Posted by Chris@SCAutos
What exactly is wrong with the y7? There are plenty of built hondas that are pretty fast with y7s and z6s.

To the op: Keep the motor stock or sell the car.. I heard the auto tranny don't hold too much power, and a conversion seems too much for you at this point.
Why don't you listen to dave and just lower it and put nice wheels on it. With a lip kit and some window tint, it might not look half bad.
Yeah, I guess that's the way to go for now, the conversion would be way over my head...and I doubt I'm gonna be successful with a trade...so this just seems to be the best way...at least it will look pretty good...and maybe later i'll find a way to trade it or something...

Thanks!
Old 05-18-2008, 02:11 PM
DickButt
DEY SEE ME TROLLIN

DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt DickButt

Originally Posted by tha540va
Yeah, I guess that's the way to go for now, the conversion would be way over my head...and I doubt I'm gonna be successful with a trade...so this just seems to be the best way...at least it will look pretty good...and maybe later i'll find a way to trade it or something...

Thanks!
If you want ill keep your name in mind and pm you when i get a 5 speed in my inventory. Are you only interested in 96-00 5 speeds? How bout 92-95 2 doors? I could probably do a trade with little or no money if you were interested.
Old 05-18-2008, 02:15 PM
tha540va
Registered Member

yeah man, i prefer the late 90's and up...

I'd trade you no doubt as long as the car was in pretty decent shape, just gotta get the title from my mom since it was in her name...and the cash thing could be arranged dependin on the car....

but yeah, deffinitely hit me up w/ a pm if you get a hold of one.
Old 05-18-2008, 03:29 PM
SortaFlush
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

Originally Posted by Chris@SCAutos
What exactly is wrong with the y7? There are plenty of built hondas that are pretty fast with y7s and z6s.

To the op: Keep the motor stock or sell the car.. I heard the auto tranny don't hold too much power, and a conversion seems too much for you at this point.
Why don't you listen to dave and just lower it and put nice wheels on it. With a lip kit and some window tint, it might not look half bad.

I had a y7 in my car. The intake manifold sucks on them, the oil pumps aren't too great when you modify them heavily or beat the motor heavily with it being stock, they have a three wire IACV that you have to re-wire in and out of the car when doing an intake manifold swap. It will take about the same amount of money to make the y7 just as fast as a cheap LS. I already went through the Y7,y8,z6, mini me stage. The only setup i miss really, is my mini-me turbo.
Old 05-18-2008, 03:46 PM
cleckner04
fabricating is fun

cleckner04 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dave22
Just lower it and get nice wheels. You don't want to do what it takes to get a manual in there and you don't want to pay someone what it would cost.

If you REALLY want a manual sell it or trade it for a manual car.
i would do the same. if you lower it and put camber kits and lip kits and rims. when you get your new 5 speed. you can pull all the stuff off your auto and put on your manual.
Old 05-18-2008, 03:53 PM
madsteez
Ohhh Snap

madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez madsteez

If your willing to travel to Virginia Beach,pm TYPE JDM he just recently did a auto-manual conversion on a car the same year as yours,he can walk you through it and if ya can work out a deal im sure he can get you all the parts,and install.
Old 05-18-2008, 04:01 PM
1slowxr4ti
Registered Member

1slowxr4ti has disabled reputation

A- Spend 2000$ and gain 50hp
B- sell it, buy another car with a higher hp rating from the factory
Old 05-18-2008, 04:01 PM
tha540va
Registered Member

these are all good suggestions, but I think for right now I'm going to do as dave said and just put some wheels on it and lower it...maybe put in a system..and then eventually trade it when an offer comes up...

thanks to all of you though!
Old 05-18-2008, 04:05 PM
tha540va
Registered Member

cleckner: that's a reallly great idea...I didn't even think of it...
madsteez: I'm willing to travel to VA Beach, but not right at the moment, possibly in the future when I'm ready to trade cars or something.
Slow: you have a pretty good point too, why spend that kind of money when I could just trade cars and be right where I wanna be anyways with some new parts like cleckner said.

these are all really helpful.

Quick Reply: How to improve my 2000 Honda Civic VP 4dr.