Notices
757 The 757 forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Rx7 work in progress (FC)

Old 06-23-2009, 06:51 AM
Daft Punk
Gaming Extraordinair

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk Daft Punk
Default Re: Rx7 work in progress (FC)

Originally Posted by destiny92782
I BET U IF U DO A FULL BRIDGE PORT ON THAT 13B ENGINE U WILL RUN ANY TURBO STOCK RX7 ,RUN 100 SHOT AND U WILL TAKE ANY CORVETT REMEMBER ROTARY DONT HAVE PISTONS SO U CAN INTRODUCE NOS LIL AT A TIME AND SHE WILL GET HOOK ON NOS LIKE CRACK AND WILL WANT IT ALL THE TIME . U CAN GIVE IT UP TO WITH RIGHT TUNING ABOUT 200 SHOT I RECOMEND GOING CARB LIL BETTER WITH NOS

DUDE WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT US!

dont type in all caps please.
Old 06-23-2009, 06:58 AM
RandomTask
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask

Originally Posted by erik02
The reason i was looking at the vette ls1 instead of a camaro one or trans am etc. is the power there putting out stock. Im already looking at atleast 12 grand or so worth of stuff to do and im sure theres gonna be alot of unexpected things that come up. As far as the iron block thing goes, ive looked at doing a 302 and supercharging it , but cost wise ill be doing more then bolt ons to keep up with a stock ls1 (factoring the small difference in weight). I personally have not done and lsx swaps but seem to find the most info on the ls1 compared to the 2 or 6. As far as the rear end goes...im still deciding on what to do there. Options so far are a turbo II rear end and pray it can handle the power, or a solid rear axel and get a custom drive shaft. Im going with coilovers but since ill be swapping the rear end im still trying to figure out what type ill need to go with. The car is currently four lug and ill need to swap five lug knuckles up front.
The LS1 in the vette is the same LS1 in the F-body. However, as someone said earlier, the rest of the driveline is different. While it does utilize the T-56 transmission, the vettes is located in the rear. (Engine > Bellhousing > torque tube > transmission > differential). The vette motor with a little more HP is the LS6 that came out of the Z06. It essentially has a different intake, heads, and cam to pump the HP from 350 to 400. All these can simply be swapped or upgraded if you’re going for more HP. Honestly, get a LS1 driveline out of a FBody and you’ll already have a rocket ship. You can make upgrades from there. I’d assume you could drop in the driveline via purchasing or making some custom motor/trans mounts. Assuming your stock differential could handle it, you could get a custom driveshaft made to mate from the output on the T56 to your differential. In this, you don’t need to upgrade your knuckles and other crap.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:49 PM
=••=
Registered Member

=••= =••= =••= =••= =••= =••= =••= =••= =••= =••= =••=

Erik,

It's Brian *Blue mustang*

Hit me up man, I wanna check the rx7 out.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:48 AM
MookHaasa
Registered Member

MookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud ofMookHaasa has much to be proud of

Rotarys look fun to mess with though.

Nice FC. Any motor at 300+hp is gonna make this thing fly.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:43 PM
Snoopy
Registered Member

Snoopy Snoopy Snoopy Snoopy Snoopy Snoopy Snoopy Snoopy Snoopy Snoopy Snoopy

Give it back!! You dont want a rx7.... im strugglin with my 88 GXL turd now

Go 6.0 iron block fully build and boosted.
Weight, yes... so what?! its 1/4th the price...
Old 08-04-2009, 12:27 PM
nuke0907
Never Blend In

nuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond reputenuke0907 has a reputation beyond repute

just curious why you would even get the car anyways? its not even a good looking shell and you're swapping out the rotary, seems like a waste. just my opinion, but good luck on whatever you decide to go with.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:55 PM
BAN HAMMER
NAZI mod

BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER BAN HAMMER

Originally Posted by Snoopy
Give it back!! You dont want a rx7.... im strugglin with my 88 GXL turd now

Go 6.0 iron block fully build and boosted.
Weight, yes... so what?! its 1/4th the price...

you dont need to build really anything on the 6.0. just throw a little boost to it and keep the majority of the motor stock. it will turn that little car into a fucking rocket.