Notices
The Twisties For all you cone killers and nazis. This includes Auto-X, Road Racing, and Drifting.

Nov. 24th Dimwiddie autox Official thread

Old 11-18-2002 | 08:03 PM
lightningd
co driver

lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd

eric....

what time are you leaving, and can we meet up at the burger king by super K on Victory? you live by there right. since you know how to get there, i'm gonna follow you.

also, how many miles is it to there. i need to know so i can judge how much gas to put in the tank.
Old 11-19-2002 | 04:53 AM
Eric16v
Cone Killer

Eric16v is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

Want to meet at 8:30 for breakfast?

I think it is about 80 miles from BK.
Old 11-19-2002 | 05:38 AM
98sr20ve
Mr. Inconspicuous

98sr20ve is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Eric16v
Want to meet at 8:30 for breakfast?

I think it is about 80 miles from BK.
Sounds good to me. See you then if not sooner . You want 1 inch of toe out right??
Old 11-19-2002 | 05:45 AM
Axelerate
<3

Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate Axelerate

I can make it out there by 8:30. Lessens my chance of getting lost.
Old 11-19-2002 | 05:58 AM
Eric16v
Cone Killer

Talking

Originally posted by 98sr20ve
Sounds good to me. See you then if not sooner . You want 1 inch of toe out right??
Yeah, that should make me jump from lane to lane

BTW, I ordered 2 replacement tires in preps for FATT in december. If they ship today, they will be here thursday and then I need to get them mounted and balanced friday.

Anyone know of a place I can get them high speed balanced? (I don't want your average low speed balance).
Old 11-19-2002 | 09:17 AM
lightningd
co driver

lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd lightningd

i'll be there at 8:30.
thanx for the mileage
Old 11-19-2002 | 09:22 AM
Eric16v
Cone Killer

Talking

Originally posted by lightningd
i'll be there at 8:30.
thanx for the mileage
You may want to account for error
Old 11-20-2002 | 04:25 PM
Bandit
Who's this guy?

Bandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond reputeBandit has a reputation beyond repute

ill be there(hopefully)
Old 11-24-2002 | 07:51 PM
lightningd
co driver

Eric posted pics in another thread....
http://www.dragva.com/forums/showthr...3173#post23173

they're really good speed shots
Old 11-24-2002 | 07:58 PM
lightningd
co driver

ok, well, for me the day was very long. mad props to the free air compressor from VMP. once out on the course, it was slippery as hell. the 1st run, i proceeded to perfrom my first spin out. brakes and hold on!

the second run, i checked up for the slippery slalom, but punched it the rest of the way, finding out the brake zone limits. murdering a cone at the start of the horse shoe

the third, was going terrific until one corner i set up for, hit the brakes, and it felt like nothing happened. i'm still not sure if i hit some oil, locked the brakes up, or was low on brake fluid (checked it later) and didn't get any resistance. i didn't hear any squealing so i dunno? so literally going through the wall of cones killed that run.

4th run, i needed a clean one, as i was substituing for jackie's absense on the other runs. I broke earlier in a few questionary spots, and managed to pull out a clean run of 45.0XX. the National Pro in my class ran a 44.2XX so i guess i did ok for a conservative run.

i heard that the pros are in a different class than regular races so i might have got first in my class. i didn't see anyone faster than me in my class, but i could have missed them. overall it was fun, a great day weather wise, and i'll definitely be at VMP for the next one.

Last edited by lightningd; 11-24-2002 at 08:01 PM.

Quick Reply: Nov. 24th Dimwiddie autox Official thread