Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Wheel spacers

Old 12-08-2009, 08:31 PM
Cyanide Jello
Zerofucksgiven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello
Default Re: Wheel spacers

Originally Posted by TNGChris
H&R isn't the only way to go on spacers,just stay away from thr swiss-cheese,cheaply cast looking units.I had a set of them in 5mm break on me after some track use,although I really think on the street they'd be fine as long as you properly torque your lugs.On my EG with 15x7/205-50s/38mm offset I'm running 10mm spacers with a little roll.They're still far from hellastoopidflush,but it's as far as I can go and still be totally functional.
Definitely go hubcentric,and you'll definitely need extended studs.
For stock steelies,you could probably go almost any size you want without much problem,assuming you're running a 185ish or smaller tire.I'd say 20mm would be a good shot.You could measure from the tire sidewall out to wherever you'll encounter interferance to get a pretty good idea.
Chris
If I go 25 I don't have to worry about gettin bigger studs... Plus from what you're sayin a 25mm on stock steelies will put me right about where the 15x7 +25s would go... Thats if I thought about that and did the math in my head right...

And on my stock steelies when I go to get new tires I plan on running a 185/60/14... I'm runnin a 185/65 now and its just a little too much side wall for me, being that its not a white wall...
Old 12-08-2009, 08:49 PM
simpL CB7
BIPPU NATION

simpL CB7 has disabled reputation

I've been running 50mm spacers for about six months now and no problems what so ever. I would actually run a 1.5" spacer on your steelies with these tire sizes. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/195-4...Q5fAccessories
Old 12-08-2009, 09:00 PM
MICK LVN

MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN MICK LVN

Originally Posted by phyber
i have my OEM ep3 16's spaced out in the rear...its just a round spacer with holes for lugs to go thru, maybe 10mm thick. haven't had any problems, although when they were on the front (previous owner had em on jsut the front. idk why...) my front wheels would vibrate when i hit 60ish.

im wanting to see how funny your car will look with oem steelies flushedout.
because they werent hub centric
Old 12-09-2009, 02:58 AM
TNGChris
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello
If I go 25 I don't have to worry about gettin bigger studs... Plus from what you're sayin a 25mm on stock steelies will put me right about where the 15x7 +25s would go... Thats if I thought about that and did the math in my head right...

And on my stock steelies when I go to get new tires I plan on running a 185/60/14... I'm runnin a 185/65 now and its just a little too much side wall for me, being that its not a white wall...
Let me see exactly what size the stock steelies are.But,my first thougt is that they won't be close to as far "out" as a 15x7,+25 would be.....I'm thinking,like the guy said above,that you could probably run 50mm worth of spacer!
I don't see getting away with 25mm spacers and stock studs.
chris

Last edited by TNGChris; 12-09-2009 at 03:46 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 03:52 AM
TNGChris
Registered member

TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris TNGChris

Okay,just did a quick search,and found a factory replacement steelie,which was 14x5.5,+35mm.
So,assuming that's what you have(I can't find any concrete info on what the stock specs are,and it's to cold to go out and pull out a stock steelie to look),without a spacer,the outside lip sits 30mm further "in" than a 15x7,+25mm wheel.
With a 25mm spacer on the steelie,the lip will now be 5mm further "in" than the 15x7 wheel.So,if you want to exactly simulate it's fitment,you'd need 30mm spacers.
Keep in mind too that the 185 tire you're running is also giving you 5-10mm more clearance than the typical 195 or 205 people run on Hondas with 15s.

*disclaimer* It's really early,and my math is liable to be wrong
Old 12-09-2009, 05:50 AM
B-Well
I Love to Hate

B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well B-Well

the steelies are around 5.5+55. you can run any spacer width on earth and still be sunk.
for the price of the spacers just buy used wheels for 100bucks more.

Last edited by B-Well; 12-09-2009 at 06:55 AM.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:55 AM
Cyanide Jello
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Let me see exactly what size the stock steelies are.But,my first thougt is that they won't be close to as far "out" as a 15x7,+25 would be.....I'm thinking,like the guy said above,that you could probably run 50mm worth of spacer!
I don't see getting away with 25mm spacers and stock studs.
chris
Well the reason I said 25 is b/c I can find a 25mm adapter/spacer w/ studs in it instead of replacing my stock studs...

Okay,just did a quick search,and found a factory replacement steelie,which was 14x5.5,+35mm.
So,assuming that's what you have(I can't find any concrete info on what the stock specs are,and it's to cold to go out and pull out a stock steelie to look),without a spacer,the outside lip sits 30mm further "in" than a 15x7,+25mm wheel.
With a 25mm spacer on the steelie,the lip will now be 5mm further "in" than the 15x7 wheel.So,if you want to exactly simulate it's fitment,you'd need 30mm spacers.
Keep in mind too that the 185 tire you're running is also giving you 5-10mm more clearance than the typical 195 or 205 people run on Hondas with 15s.

*disclaimer* It's really early,and my math is liable to be wrong
You got what I was saying though... I was bout 5mm off... I am planning on running a 195/50/15 on the 15x7 and when I get new tires for the 14s soon, a 185/60/14 (and maybe some portawalls ) But yea... We were on the right path...

So all in all w/ a 30mm spacer on my stock steelies or a 15x7 +25 I'll still be barelysunk? I'm find w/ that... I may run like a 15x7 +30 or somethin in the back b/c of my camber that I'm NOT going to fix b/c camber is dope...
Old 12-09-2009, 06:43 AM
B-Well
I Love to Hate

Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello
So all in all w/ a 30mm spacer on my stock steelies or a 15x7 +25 I'll still be barelysunk? I'm find w/ that... I may run like a 15x7 +30 or somethin in the back b/c of my camber that I'm NOT going to fix b/c camber is dope...
very confusing.

i see you want to space out the steelies

what size tires are on them?
Old 12-09-2009, 06:46 AM
Cyanide Jello
Zerofucksgiven

Originally Posted by B-Well
very confusing.

i see you want to space out the steelies

what size tires are on them?
Lol you'd have to read all the way from the beginning...

185/65/14 ATM... I sortaneed new tires... So when I get there I'll be goin to a 185/60/14...
Old 12-09-2009, 06:55 AM
B-Well
I Love to Hate

Originally Posted by B-Well
the steelies are around 5.5+55. you can run any spacer width on earth and still be sunk.
for the price of the spacers just buy used wheels for 100bucks more.
just i was off by 10mm,
oem steel wheels are 14x5.5+45 on EKs (some were 14x5+45

and after reading,

i see you want to run 15x7+25

if you were to run the 195/50 on these and 195/60 on the steelies,
The steelies can be spaced 40mm+ to be flush with the new set and still not rub with rolled fenders and stock upper control arms

you dont need to run 195s on 7"+25 wheels,
im currently running 205s on 8"+18

Quick Reply: Wheel spacers