Notices
Western VA The Virginia Tech, JMU and surrounding area forum. Introductions and regional topics go here.

Golfs

Old 05-13-2004, 06:43 PM
cootees
Ivy Tadita

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Golfs

Originally Posted by fc735
watch what ya say, post, do etc....you never know
This brings up a good point. What can he get into trouble for for speaking his opinion towards cops? He is not narrowing out a single officer speaking directly to one but speaking about them in general. Doesn't that go with the freedom of speach concept that the country was built upon?

I understand that there are laws against saying stuff to officers now but I do not understand what they can do to you but maybe harass you(which is against the law) if people speak there mind on the forums.
Old 05-13-2004, 08:18 PM
VTFORDLADY
'bout time

VTFORDLADY is an unknown quantity at this point

Yea...free speech I am DEFINITELY all for that, but damn think about it ->

You post your opinions (good AND BAD) along with...
1. Your type of car
2. Where you are going sometimes on the weekends, or the vicinity
3. The many legal/illegal (no matter how ignorant to some) mods
etc...

given all of this information from the beginning you make yourself a more visible person to the world in general. Anyone can now say, "hey I read about a car like that, blah blah blah, I’m in a bad mood or I know what mods he has - I bet he's causing trouble/racing..etc - I don't like his attitude"

TRUE it's not fair, and TRUE not all cops/people do that but ya know..shit happens...making so many details public knowledge about your car and whereabouts and opinions whether free speech exists or not ...that just makes you more visible, and to the cop/person having a bad day (because we all do) or the cop/person that just isn't a good guy to begin with (some people are just assholes in general) it makes you more visible..

*I added the '/person' part in for those dumbasses that like to mess with people's cars, and learn about them from this site or any other car site, but the concept still applies to law enforcement that may read the board.*

There's always good and bad in a group of people, and even with the good there's always someone having a bad day -

/rant

and I'm not making it a personal thing to anyone on this board, it's to all people in general!!!

~flame away~
Old 05-14-2004, 05:12 AM
cootees
Ivy Tadita

cootees will become famous soon enoughcootees will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by VTFORDLADY
Yea...free speech I am DEFINITELY all for that, but damn think about it ->

You post your opinions (good AND BAD) along with...
1. Your type of car
2. Where you are going sometimes on the weekends, or the vicinity
3. The many legal/illegal (no matter how ignorant to some) mods
etc...

given all of this information from the beginning you make yourself a more visible person to the world in general. Anyone can now say, "hey I read about a car like that, blah blah blah, I’m in a bad mood or I know what mods he has - I bet he's causing trouble/racing..etc - I don't like his attitude"

TRUE it's not fair, and TRUE not all cops/people do that but ya know..shit happens...making so many details public knowledge about your car and whereabouts and opinions whether free speech exists or not ...that just makes you more visible, and to the cop/person having a bad day (because we all do) or the cop/person that just isn't a good guy to begin with (some people are just assholes in general) it makes you more visible..

*I added the '/person' part in for those dumbasses that like to mess with people's cars, and learn about them from this site or any other car site, but the concept still applies to law enforcement that may read the board.*

There's always good and bad in a group of people, and even with the good there's always someone having a bad day -

/rant

and I'm not making it a personal thing to anyone on this board, it's to all people in general!!!

~flame away~
So your saying... if were going to bash a cop.. let's do it in private.
Old 05-14-2004, 05:29 AM
CUTUPSUM
Camera Man

CUTUPSUM is an unknown quantity at this point

I have a friend with a Green Golf 1.8 turbo for sale if anyone is interested. Not sure of all the info but I can get it if someone is looking for one. Good looking car he also has a red one which is not turbo 96' I htink for about 3700.
Old 05-14-2004, 12:31 PM
Spooln4
I <3 2JZ

Spooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond reputeSpooln4 has a reputation beyond repute

Thats my buddy Danny in the Black 03 GTI with gunmetal rims and the silver one is another friend of mine Adam. There is also a gorgeous 20th aniv. GTI that is blue with oewinger 5 stars on it and FK true coil-overs that I am also friends with, Shane and Amanda. All three of these cars are fairly similar in mods and seem to respond very well to them. The torque and quick spool is amazing, but the small hairdryer contributes to that. I'm not sure what they run in the quarter, but Danny's GTI is pretty quick for such minimal mods done to it.
Old 05-17-2004, 03:19 PM
ZeRo_C0oL
<3FreshieFresh<3

ZeRo_C0oL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Spooln4
Thats my buddy Danny in the Black 03 GTI with gunmetal rims and the silver one is another friend of mine Adam. There is also a gorgeous 20th aniv. GTI that is blue with oewinger 5 stars on it and FK true coil-overs that I am also friends with, Shane and Amanda. All three of these cars are fairly similar in mods and seem to respond very well to them. The torque and quick spool is amazing, but the small hairdryer contributes to that. I'm not sure what they run in the quarter, but Danny's GTI is pretty quick for such minimal mods done to it.
That was my silverstone gray 1.8T GTI dominating on the Mustangs...

I broke 9's in stock trim with full leather interior, spare tire, etc. That was after several passes at Piedmont, and my first time on the track with my new car (first time launching hard, for that matter). I was pretty proud of that; A stock 1.8L doing 9 anything in the 1/8th is impressive, IMHO.

And Andrew: It's Oettinger.
Old 05-17-2004, 09:36 PM
GaRn
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by fc735
and some people wonder why they get targeted by police?

dude wf?

It wasnt a sticker or banner, it was window marker.. we were trying to get ppl to go to cootees new site..

Who cares if they monitor the site.. but for some reason i dont think they pay cops to eat donuts and browse this forum looking for posts.. especially to make it a point to harass one person..

On the other note.. this weekend the cops weren't so bad.. There were a few bike cops out and we were at go mart and the place across from hooters parked for a few minutes, and they actually waved and werent asses..
Old 05-18-2004, 05:52 AM
elementalwindx

elementalwindx has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by GaRn
dude wf?

It wasnt a sticker or banner, it was window marker.. we were trying to get ppl to go to cootees new site..

Who cares if they monitor the site.. but for some reason i dont think they pay cops to eat donuts and browse this forum looking for posts.. especially to make it a point to harass one person..

On the other note.. this weekend the cops weren't so bad.. There were a few bike cops out and we were at go mart and the place across from hooters parked for a few minutes, and they actually waved and werent asses..
yea. I wonder if they just assume everyone that is young and cruises up and down willy is either an asshole/arrogant/stupid idiot. But actually show some respect when you slow down to tell a bike cop to get your friends attention behind you and get his headlights on so he doesnt get hit or hit anyone else
Old 05-18-2004, 06:43 AM
Cosmo
Registered Member

Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo Cosmo

Originally Posted by elementalwindx
I wonder if they just assume everyone that is young and cruises up and down willy is either an asshole/arrogant/stupid idiot.
I think you answered your own question.
Old 05-18-2004, 01:48 PM
GaRn
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Well then I can assume all cops are fucknut assholes... right?